This is a Bald-Faced Lie

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 5stringJeff, Apr 7, 2004.

1. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    John Kerry, the biggest of the big-government liberals, saying that he wants to cap federal spending?!? This is laughable. But it proves my axiom that to get elected nationally, liberals have to run as moderates/conservatives.

Kerry Says He Would Cap Federal Spending
    By NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Democrat John Kerry (news - web sites) said Wednesday if he is elected president he will not let government programs outside of security and education grow beyond the rate of inflation, even if it means cutting some of his own campaign promises and existing government programs.

"When I say a cap on spending, I mean it," Kerry said in a speech prepared for delivery Wednesday. "We will have to make real choices — and that includes priorities of my own."

Kerry said he would freeze the federal travel budget, reduce oil royalty exemptions for drilling on federal lands, cut 100,000 federal government contractors, and cut electricity used by the federal government by 20 percent, among other programs.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=536&e=1&u=/ap/20040407/ap_on_el_pr/kerry

2. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/natservice/

It has changed wording a bit since I got the link, but the points are still there:

It is worth a look. Cap federal spending? HOW?!?!?!?!

3. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Sorry, everytime John "The Undertaker" Kerry speaks, I have to hit the mute button. He just drones on and on and on and on and oooops, sorry! I was in a trance watching his lips move....

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Maybe thats how he polls at 40 something percent? People are in a dazed stupor listening or watching him............

I can't bring myself to read the drivel on his web site:poop: