Time to end the Income Tax

Plight

Rookie
Aug 20, 2012
You talk about a piece of legislative slavery that hasn't not been defined by either the constitution (which was strictly against this tax until even as the 16th amendment was introduced), congress, and overruled by the supreme court numerous times.

Consider the case of Pollock vs Farmers Loan and Trust (1894): This cased layed an outline that the federal government cannot levy taxes on our labored income.

Then after the 1913 adoption of the sixteenth amendment, the Supreme court in 1916 upheld the Pollock decision in Brushaber v. Union Pacific Railroad

Therefore the Supreme court has upheld that the "income" that we generate through our labors, cannot be directly taxed, but can only be "indirectly taxed" through spending, or as a profit tax (through investing).

It's crazy that all three branches of our government now completely ignores this fact, and have created the biggest, most useless beauracracy ever devised by man: the IRS

I am a general Dentist. I would love to expand my business, but with all the taxes I have to pay, this has limited me from hiring people to do this. I paid over 30% of my labor to the government this last year. How the hell do they expect me as a small business owner to employ people when they rob me of all my hard work? And look at what my money is funding. Extended government liability insurance, food stamps, medicaid (the worst patients on God's Green Earth), and subsidies for lobby groups

Did you know that a direct income tax didnt even come into existance prior to the civil war? (and this was repealed as soon as the war was over).

Very ironic that the same year the 16th amendment was introduced, the Federal Reserve was also created, eh?

And replace it with a property tax, all forms of property, great ideal.

best would be to move tax day ( April 15th) to election day, and eliminate withholding taxes so everyone would have to pay the liberals out of their pockets.

I am a general Dentist. I would love to expand my business, but with all the taxes I have to pay, this has limited me from hiring people to do this. I paid over 30% of my labor to the government this last year. How the hell do they expect me as a small business owner to employ people when they rob me of all my hard work? And look at what my money is funding. Extended government liability insurance, food stamps, medicaid (the worst patients on God's Green Earth), and subsidies for lobby groups

It sounds like you don't really need to expand then.

Wouldn't increasing overall production by adding employees allow for more patient flow, which would in turn increase profit?

It sounds like you don't really need to expand then.

Wouldn't increasing overall production by adding employees allow for more patient flow, which would in turn increase profit?

probably, but the bigger the organization the more work, responsibility, and higher marginal taxes for the owner. For many its just not worth it.

Best is to get government off back of economy.

You talk about a piece of legislative slavery that hasn't not been defined by either the constitution (which was strictly against this tax until even as the 16th amendment was introduced), congress, and overruled by the supreme court numerous times.

Consider the case of Pollock vs Farmers Loan and Trust (1894): This cased layed an outline that the federal government cannot levy taxes on our labored income.

Then after the 1913 adoption of the sixteenth amendment, the Supreme court in 1916 upheld the Pollock decision in Brushaber v. Union Pacific Railroad

Therefore the Supreme court has upheld that the "income" that we generate through our labors, cannot be directly taxed, but can only be "indirectly taxed" through spending, or as a profit tax (through investing).

It's crazy that all three branches of our government now completely ignores this fact, and have created the biggest, most useless beauracracy ever devised by man: the IRS

Did you know that a direct income tax didnt even come into existance prior to the civil war? (and this was repealed as soon as the war was over).

Very ironic that the same year the 16th amendment was introduced, the Federal Reserve was also created, eh?
Hopefully you are not suggesting that income taxes are illegal. Your post looks a bit too irrational to look up the court cases you refer to. But I am sure that the 16th amendment will hold up.
So what is your idea to fund the operations of the US??
A. Privatize everything?
B . Some other types of taxes??
C. Or what??

Last edited:
And replace it with a property tax, all forms of property, great ideal.

best would be to move tax day ( April 15th) to election day, and eliminate withholding taxes so everyone would have to pay the liberals out of their pockets.

You poor igoranus. Most people think of April 15 like children think of Christmas.

For the poor, they get thousands of dollars of "refund" that they never paid in, in the first place. For a lot of the rest of the population, they get partial refund of what they did pay in, but they forget about withholding and think their refund is free money.

If the IRS and Libs were so motivated, they might even do away with the word "refund", while explaining "it's not always a refund" (meaning people getting money they didn't pay in). They could find some other word to re-enforce the notion that it's free money.

Works for me...... same day we get rid of all social entitlements

Forum List

Back