Time for the US to abolish the Death Penalty

I agree, but feel there is a slight deterent value in that the criminal will no longer murder innocent victims. A guy in Texas nameed Kenneth McDuff killed a girl I grew up with who'd moved to Texas. He'd been sentenced to death, had his sentence changed to life in prison, then was released. After he was released, he killed my frind and 5 other people. He was executed in 1998 and has never murder anyone since.

Life in prison should mean just that. They should not be released.

Well you aren't a very humane liberal. Enlightened people know that someone on death row was mistreated as a child and did what they did out of response to that. Prison is for the purpose of rehabilitation so they can be reintegrated in society and contribute.

Life without parole means just that

Well you aren't a very humane liberal. Enlightened people know that someone on death row was mistreated as a child and did what they did out of response to that. Prison is for the purpose of rehabilitation so they can be reintegrated in society and contribute.

Uh-huh......until some well meaning liberal activist group works to get someone's sentence commuted.

Uh-huh......until some well meaning liberal activist group works to get someone's sentence commuted.

How is Charlie Manson doing?

We've already covered this. The death penalty isn't a detterent. It's a punishment. It removes a bad seed from society and stops them from murdering othrer innocent people. Will putting a criminal to death make other criminals think twice? Doubtful. But it will stop the criminal executed from inflicting even more murder on innocent citizens. It's punishment. It's exterminating vermin.

I agree, but feel there is a slight deterent value in that the criminal will no longer murder innocent victims. A guy in Texas nameed Kenneth McDuff killed a girl I grew up with who'd moved to Texas. He'd been sentenced to death, had his sentence changed to life in prison, then was released. After he was released, he killed my frind and 5 other people. He was executed in 1998 and has never murder anyone since.

That's too expensive. Better just to eliminate them.

Charlie Manson is doing just fine. For years, Doris Tate, Sharon Tate's mother would appear at a Manson Parole hearing to plead for him to be kept behind bars. Now that she's dead, Manson has to do it himself.

Charles Manson Denied Parole After Saying 'I Am a Very Dangerous Man' - ABC News

I hope I haven't broken any news that Charles Manson periodically comes up for parole. Life sentence really doesn't mean life sentence which is why so many lifers get out and kill again.

Charlie Manson is doing just fine. For years, Doris Tate, Sharon Tate's mother would appear at a Manson Parole hearing to plead for him to be kept behind bars. Now that she's dead, Manson has to do it himself.

Charles Manson Denied Parole After Saying 'I Am a Very Dangerous Man' - ABC News

I hope I haven't broken any news that Charles Manson periodically comes up for parole. Life sentence really doesn't mean life sentence which is why so many lifers get out and kill again.

Now, now.....they are just misunderstood and we aren't doing enough to rehabilitate and reintegrate. I've already suggested using Rightwinger's house as a halfway house, but he never agreed.

Insistence that rehabilitation works and these killers deserve mercy and a second chance is primarily the feeling of whacky women. I have worked on a number of death penalty cases and serial killer cases. It is the women who are the craziest. Serial killers are disproportionately gay. No matter how gay women still send them underwear and marriage proposals.

Insistence that rehabilitation works and these killers deserve mercy and a second chance is primarily the feeling of whacky women. I have worked on a number of death penalty cases and serial killer cases. It is the women who are the craziest. Serial killers are disproportionately gay. No matter how gay women still send them underwear and marriage proposals.

Nobody is saying give them a second chance. Those who would have received the death penalty get life without parole

Gets the states out of the murder business

The death sentence should be abolished when murderers stop killing. Heresy I'm sure, but when murderers stop killing, I am sure the death penalty will no longer exist.

Nobody is saying give them a second chance. Those who would have received the death penalty get life without parole

Gets the states out of the murder business

There is no such thing as life without the possibility of parole because there is always the possibility of release. Including release on vague humanitarian grounds. Carry out the death penalty then we don't have them to worry about anymore.

Forum List

Back