Time for the GOP to deploy a nuclear option on Trump.

A Trump presidency would finally show the world the US is serious about the future and not content to stumble foward oblivious to what's really going on.

You have a problem with politics in politics?

Trump should not be President. And frankly, deploying a nuclear option on his candidacy is exactly the thing that the GOP needs to re-energize the public's faith in the party. Firm, decisive action to eliminate bullshit is a defining characteristic of great leadership.

I have a problem with anti-democratic political tricks in politics.

If the GOP wants to defeat Trump, they should do it by saying, "Hey, we have a better idea".

The reason why Trump is so popluar right now is BOTH parties have FAILED to rise above their bullshit and fix the country's problems.

Here's the thing. If Trump does win the nomination, I don't see all the "sensible" Republicans voting for Hillary. I see them voting for the guy hoping that he can be controlled. I see them getting behind him hoping he'll sign on to the majority of the stuff a GOP Congress wants to do.

But if Trump does get 51% in the election, and the GOP pulls a stunt like, "We are going to use some obscure clause of the Constitution to throw out the election" then we might as well admit we don't have a democracy.

Then what do we have?

The people have spoken., and continues to speak....

• To Democrats, Donald Trump Is No Longer a Laughing Matter
    The New York Times ^ | 12/10/2015 | AMY CHOZICK and MAGGIE HABERMAN
    Until Monday, when Donald J. Trump proposed a ban on Muslims entering the United States, Hillary Clinton could hardly keep herself from laughing at the mention of his name. "I'm sorry, I can't help it," she told ABC News on Sunday, letting out a giggle that made advisers squirm. She is no longer laughing. At a town hall here on Wednesday, Mrs. Clinton delivered her most damning, direct criticism of Mr. Trump, saying that he traffics "in prejudice and paranoia," and that his Muslim proposal was "not only shameful, it's dangerous." But Mrs. Clinton also strove to recognize something stirring...
  • OANN National Polling Results Trump 42% Cruz 16%
    DID YOU SEE 42% FIRST TIME IN THE 40% range!
    One America News Network ^ | 12-10-15 | Gravis Marketing Polls
    Gravis Marketing, a nonpartisan research firm, conducted a random survey of 1,995 registered voters in the U.S. regarding the presidential election. The poll has a margin of error of ± 2.2% (± 3.7% for the 691 Republicans and ± 3.6% for the 731 Democrats). The total may not round to 100% because of rounding. The polls were conducted using automated telephone calls (IVR technology) and weighted by voting demographics. The poll was conducted for One America News Network.

The GOP can't do a damn thing about the Trump Reich...if they don't "treat him fairly" he will run as an independent, guaranteeing a Hillary win.

Strategy. Instead of fearing Trump running as an independent, we need to prepare for Trump running as an independent. The constitutional contingency tactics I talk about in the OP can be modified for this purpose. If things started to look bad for the GOP candidate the party could funnel resources to the appropriate states to change the focus from seeking a majority victory to preventing the Democrats from achieving an absolute majority.

Its way too early to consider a nuclear option

See how Trump does in the primaries first. There are caucuses where nobody knows how the hell they assign delegates. At large delegates who are not bound by the primaries

But if the GOP voters go with Trump, there will be outrage at the Party and an overall revolt at the convention results

Trump would just run third party, split the GOP ticket and ensure a victory for the Dems

See how Trump does in the primaries first. There are caucuses where nobody knows how the hell they assign delegates. At large delegates who are not bound by the primaries

But if the GOP voters go with Trump, there will be outrage at the Party and an overall revolt at the convention results

Trump would just run third party, split the GOP ticket and ensure a victory for the Dems
If the establishment republicans are successful in forcing Trump out and he doesn't run third party, those who would vote for him won't vote ensuring a victory for dems. Establishment republicans have lost control of the party. They either run an honest election or lose.

66 percent of Rs seem to be in favor of trump at the moment. Im just interested to see if that number carries over to primary voting.

Forum List

Back