Time for a new constitution

Something_Else

A∴A∴
Jul 18, 2012
Maybe it's time for America to have a new Constitution. In fact, I think that I might be able to do a better job than what is currently in place. Maybe someone here could do a better job. So I would like to start a contest whereby people can enter in this thread and draft a "new" constitution for the United States. After people enter and submit their versions, I will create a new thread and poll in the much more active "politics" section of this forum and link to your submissions. There is no prize except probably learning a lot and impressing other people or embarrassing yourself a little.

Even if America should not have a completely new Constitution, I think it is healthy to think in these terms of improvement.

The rules:

1. You can enter solo or with other people as a team
2. Submission by a deadline to be set
3. No length requirements
4. Must be written for modern America, not a historic alternative

The players/teams:

1. Something_Else

I'll add the names of people as they ask to be a part of it.

Last edited:
Maybe it's time for America to have a new Constitution. In fact, I think that I might be able to do a better job than what is currently in place. Maybe someone here could do a better job. So I would like to start a contest whereby people can enter in this thread and draft a "new" constitution for the United States. After people enter and submit their versions, I will create a new thread and poll in the much more active "politics" section of this forum and link to your submissions. There is no prize except probably learning a lot and impressing other people or embarrassing yourself a little.

Even if America should not have a completely new Constitution, I think it is healthy to think in these terms of improvement.

The rules:

1. You can enter solo or with other people as a team
2. Submission by a deadline to be set
3. No length requirements
4. Must be written for modern America, not a historic alternative

The players/teams:

1. Something_Else

I'll add the names of people as they ask to be a part of it.
As a start...

Name ten people a majority Americans would trust to write a new constitution:lol:

The US Constitution was written in secret without the most proper authority. It was sent out to the US people as a whole as a strictly up or down vote. It is the voice of the people that gave the document it's finally authority.

Not gonna happen that way or any other way again -- unless a constitutional convention could be called. Good luck with that you ignorant idiot.

Last edited:
Benjamin Franklin said that there would come a time when Americans were so corrupt that that Constitution would no longer be applicable. That time has come.

Dude! The new Constitution should have like, something that says everybody gets free sh*t! And we should make evil rich people and assholes pay for it all!

Then America would be like totally kool and rockin'!

don't be silly.

Do you doubt that's what he said, or doubt that's where we are?

obviously, where we are. :eusa_shhh:

If we were not at the point where people would consider a new Constitution, why is anyone considering a new Constitution?

John Adams said that the Constitution was written for a moral and religious people. It was wholly unsuitable for the governance of any other.

We are no longer moral. Certainly not religious. Why would the Constitution be suitable for our governance now?

Franklin was discussing the Articles of Confederation: ""In these sentiments, sir, I agree to this Constitution with all its faults; if they are such; because I think a general government necessary for us, and there is no form of government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered; and I believe, further, that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic government, being incapable of any other." A Free State...If You Can Keep It - Liberty in Our Lifetime

Benjamin Franklin said that there would come a time when Americans were so corrupt that that Constitution would no longer be applicable. That time has come.

Do you doubt that's what he said, or doubt that's where we are?

obviously, where we are. :eusa_shhh:

1)
If we were not at the point where people would consider a new Constitution, why is anyone considering a new Constitution?

2) John Adams said that the Constitution was written for a moral and religious people. It was wholly unsuitable for the governance of any other.

3) We are no longer moral. Certainly not religious. Why would the Constitution be suitable for our governance now?

1) There are always disenchanted, misanthropic troglodytes like you to point out that the sky is falling when it's only a cloud passing overhead.

2) John Adams did not write the US Constitution, and while President, John Adams put into effect the Alien and Sedition Acts. John Adams' Massachusetts Constitution, which predates the US Constitution, had a clause in it establishing government funding of religious institutions. :eusa_whistle:

3) We Americans are more moral, without the religious clap trap of earlier generations. The US constitution is fine. It lives! :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Katzndogz has officially been spanked a couple of times in a row.

No, he did not. Prove it.

Franklin was discussing the Articles of Confederation: ""In these sentiments, sir, I agree to this Constitution with all its faults; if they are such; because I think a general government necessary for us, and there is no form of government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered; and I believe, further, that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic government, being incapable of any other." A Free State...If You Can Keep It - Liberty in Our Lifetime

Once again CaliGoil adds absolutely nothing to a conversation...proving once again that USMB conservatives make the average troll look brilliant by comparison.
I agree.

Go write a new constitution in the country known as get-the-fuck-out-of-my-country.

^^^ This.

thanks for jumping in late and once again adding absolutely nothing of any substance to the conversation. you are at least con-sistent.

I'd almost be willing to agree, but I suspect this is wholly related to Obama and none of the previous administrations. :thup:

that's why I ask people to name 10 people -- ten people the American public would trust to rewrite the US Constitution.

:eusa_whistle:

---

Dante's merged thread OP - the one that was about the Bain/Panama link: ROMNEY and BAIN's unusual, secretive, shady, Panamanian start

There aren't ten people we can trust. We don't trust the Supreme Court with nine and they have jobs for life.
The US is a political being and it may be that it will be our political divide that destroys us, We have a Congress that is totally disabled and can barely mumble political remarks that make sense. The job of Congress seems to be sit and wait for the next election. Whichever side loses they will wait for the election and see if they won, if not, back to sitting. In the first 100 days of the New Deal Congress was scared and acted to save the nation and legislation was passed that is still valid today. Maybe that was the high point for Congress? Those days seem to be over, however. We hold Congress in low esteem but will vote for our Senators and Representatives again--and again. The 1787 Constitution is it, if we can keep it.

Forum List

Back