Tim McGraw Poised To “Dixie Chick” Himself With Gun Control Benefit Concert

Hey dumbfuck!!
I didnt make the claim. And no they're not even close to the top.
Google
So what is the name of the female group that sold more records in any and all genres than the Dixie Chicks? Should be an easy question to answer if you know they are nowhere near the top. How would you know that if you didn't know who was at the top? Maybe the Supremes are at the top? Perhaps there is some group I never heard of?

Hey asswipe!! I gave you a link,use it or post one of your own.
The dixie bimbos are in noway near the top of best selling female groups of all time let alone the top..
It's just not fucking true.
Stop wasting my time.
You gave a link that leads to controversial claims made by publicist, fan clubs, recording companies, etc. I know how to do searches and weed out the garbage and pages that waste time. If you are not going to take the time to back up your claims you shouldn't make them. I provided an actual link to a page that reported the Dixie Chicks as the only female country group to make the top ten list of all time country record sales. Until you show differently you are just spouting off bull shit. You made a comment and can't back it up. If you are going to whine about wasting your time shut up and go away.

So where's your link showing the dixie bimbos as being the best selling female group of all time?
You cant give me one because it's not even close to being true.

There is no world wide organization that tracks the numbers. That is why it is left to publicist and studios to play with the numbers and claims. There is however an organization that tracks the numbers for the purpose of payments and royalties. They are the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). According to them they are the Dixie Chicks hold the all time record for number of records sold in the United States. No other female group comes close. There is no debate according to the industry association that actually represents the recording studios that produce the records and pay the artist. Dixie Chicks rate a few notches below the Doors. Couple of female artist outsold or outsell them, but no female group from any genre comes near them. Not from Motown, rock, R&B or any other kind of music.

riaa.com/goldandplatinum.php?content_selector=top-selling-artists

Why would you waste your time posting all this crap over something that we both know the answer to?
They are not the best female band in history...period.

So what is the name of the female group that sold more records in any and all genres than the Dixie Chicks? Should be an easy question to answer if you know they are nowhere near the top. How would you know that if you didn't know who was at the top? Maybe the Supremes are at the top? Perhaps there is some group I never heard of?

The dixie bimbos are in noway near the top of best selling female groups of all time let alone the top..
Stop wasting my time.
You gave a link that leads to controversial claims made by publicist, fan clubs, recording companies, etc. I know how to do searches and weed out the garbage and pages that waste time. If you are not going to take the time to back up your claims you shouldn't make them. I provided an actual link to a page that reported the Dixie Chicks as the only female country group to make the top ten list of all time country record sales. Until you show differently you are just spouting off bull shit. You made a comment and can't back it up. If you are going to whine about wasting your time shut up and go away.

So where's your link showing the dixie bimbos as being the best selling female group of all time?

There is no world wide organization that tracks the numbers. That is why it is left to publicist and studios to play with the numbers and claims. There is however an organization that tracks the numbers for the purpose of payments and royalties. They are the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). According to them they are the Dixie Chicks hold the all time record for number of records sold in the United States. No other female group comes close. There is no debate according to the industry association that actually represents the recording studios that produce the records and pay the artist. Dixie Chicks rate a few notches below the Doors. Couple of female artist outsold or outsell them, but no female group from any genre comes near them. Not from Motown, rock, R&B or any other kind of music.

Why would you waste your time posting all this crap over something that we both know the answer to?
Who said anything about the best female band in history? When people show me I am wrong or made a mistake I say thank you and move on. You back peddle and change the bar or change the subject. You moved the tidbit of meaningless trivia from an objective discussion to a subjective discussion. Why would you publicly take a cowards way out of a trivia discussion? Flip from a discussion based on fact to one based on opinion after requesting a link to factual information and getting exactly what you requested. If you do that with a friggin trivia question about the best selling recording artists, what do you do when you debate serious topics? Do you all of a sudden get honest and rational?

Stop wasting my time.

Who said anything about the best female band in history? When people show me I am wrong or made a mistake I say thank you and move on. You back peddle and change the bar or change the subject. You moved the tidbit of meaningless trivia from an objective discussion to a subjective discussion. Why would you publicly take a cowards way out of a trivia discussion? Flip from a discussion based on fact to one based on opinion after requesting a link to factual information and getting exactly what you requested. If you do that with a friggin trivia question about the best selling recording artists, what do you do when you debate serious topics? Do you all of a sudden get honest and rational?

Whaaaat? Go back and read the fucken post you idiot.

Stop wasting my time.

Are you blowing oldschool?

Saddam was unable to do 20 years ago what Iran wants to do today. Absolutely false assertion. Getting rid of SH destabilized the ME and further threatens the Jewish state. The neo-cons can't handle the truth, never have been able to.

So SH invading Kuwait and killing thousands of Kurdish Iraqis didnt destabilize the middle east? Aaaah the good old days....
What does that have to with an invasion that was unnecessary plus the awful results. Two words: be relevant.

Saddam was unable to do 20 years ago what Iran wants to do today. Absolutely false assertion. Getting rid of SH destabilized the ME and further threatens the Jewish state. The neo-cons can't handle the truth, never have been able to.

So SH invading Kuwait and killing thousands of Kurdish Iraqis didnt destabilize the middle east? Aaaah the good old days....
What does that have to with an invasion that was unnecessary plus the awful results. Two words: be relevant.

You claimed the middle east was stable. It was far from it.

This why you always fail I said "destabilized", not that the ME was "stable. Now, was the ME destabilized in 2003, and if so why? And, if not, did the war destabilize the ME.

Two words: please focus.

This why you always fail I said "destabilized", not that the ME was "stable. Now, was the ME destabilized in 2003, and if so why? And, if not, did the war destabilize the ME.

Two words: please focus.

It's stable or it's not. Stop trying to mince words.

Libs are so cute when they pretend they don't black ball people based on freedom of speech.

Mel Gibson anyone???

Case closed.

I hope he changes his mind. When the right destroys you it isn't pretty.

There is nothing worse than speaking your mind to a right winger - immediately they respond in a never ending echo across the aggrieved thread with ubiquitous pejoratives, non sequiturs and Idiot-Grams.
Sort of the way you always post.......

Callous conservative isn't a pejorative, it's an apt description of a set of those on the right; Idiot-gram is a one sentence post lacking evidence and substance, kinda like the one you've just posted.

Funny,they dont even show up on any of the top ten lists that I've found.

countrymusic.about.com/od/toppicks/tp/CntryBestSeller.htm

According to these guys they have two of the top ten selling albums in country music history.

So that makes them the top female band of all time?
They're nowhere close to that,doofus just pulled something out of his ass and posted it.
They're close doofus. Spice Girls report 66 million in record sales and Dixie Chicks report 46 million. Recording companies and publicist like to play games with the numbers and make unsubstantiated claims. Spice Girls stopped recording and performing and Dixie Chicks are still out there. One of them also as a solo artist.
So if you are smart enough to call someone a doofus, how about you show us the female group that has outsold the Dixie Chicks, from any genre of music.

Hey dumbfuck!!
Google

The Spice Girls have reportedly sold in excess of 75 million records.

Libs are so cute when they pretend they don't black ball people based on freedom of speech.

Mel Gibson anyone???

Case closed.
So conservatives are OK with Mel's beating his 115 lb girlfriend, drunk driving and racist rants? How were you able to select the disgusting behavior characteristics of Mel's that may have caused the "Libs" to show their displeasure with him by "black ball" and what was so pretend about it. Everyone pretty much called him out on his behavior and told him to go away. Who were the conservatives that stood up for him? The friends that stood by him and defended him about not being racist were liberals Jody Foster and Whoopi Goldberg. Danny Glover defended him and he is about as far left as you can get.

Stop wasting my time.

Here is the original claim:
the Dixie Chicks are the top selling female band of all time

According to the various articles on this, the claim does not appear to be correct.

countrymusic.about.com/od/toppicks/tp/CntryBestSeller.htm

According to these guys they have two of the top ten selling albums in country music history.

They're nowhere close to that,doofus just pulled something out of his ass and posted it.
They're close doofus. Spice Girls report 66 million in record sales and Dixie Chicks report 46 million. Recording companies and publicist like to play games with the numbers and make unsubstantiated claims. Spice Girls stopped recording and performing and Dixie Chicks are still out there. One of them also as a solo artist.
So if you are smart enough to call someone a doofus, how about you show us the female group that has outsold the Dixie Chicks, from any genre of music.

Hey dumbfuck!!
Google

The Spice Girls have reportedly sold in excess of 75 million records.[/QUO

According to the various articles on this, the claim does not appear to be correct.
Spice Girls were not a band. They were a vocal group.

Hey dumbfuck!!
Google

You're splitting hairs.
In all of the lists I have looked at this morning, none of them categorize female groups from ones that play their instruments to ones that sing only.

Hey dumbfuck!!
Google

You're splitting hairs.
In all of the lists I have looked at this morning, none of them categorize female groups from ones that play their instruments to ones that sing only.

He backed himself into a corner and refuses to acknowledge the utter failure of his defense.
In fact it's gotten to the point of being ridiculous.

B

Mel Gibson anyone???

Case closed.
So conservatives are OK with Mel's beating his 115 lb girlfriend, drunk driving and racist rants? How were you able to select the disgusting behavior characteristics of Mel's that may have caused the "Libs" to show their displeasure with him by "black ball" and what was so pretend about it. Everyone pretty much called him out on his behavior and told him to go away. Who were the conservatives that stood up for him? The friends that stood by him and defended him about not being racist were liberals Jody Foster and Whoopi Goldberg. Danny Glover defended him and he is about as far left as you can get.
but but but but....

Hey dumbfuck!!
Google

You're splitting hairs.

He backed himself into a corner and refuses to acknowledge the utter failure of his defense.

Agreed.

You're splitting hairs.

Agreed.
Nah, I provided a link to an official source, the one that represents the people who sign the checks. You guys haven't provided a single source, let alone a viable one. You are just pissed off the that the biggest female band in American history and one of the top ten biggest record selling country music artists of all time trashed W and the neo cons for the war in Iraq, got away with it, never backed down and people still talk about it.

You're splitting hairs.

Agreed.
Nah, I provided a link to an official source, the one that represents the people who sign the checks. You guys haven't provided a single source, let alone a viable one. You are just pissed off the that the biggest female band in American history and one of the top ten biggest record selling country music artists of all time trashed W and the neo cons for the war in Iraq, got away with it, never backed down and people still talk about it.

So when was the last time they put out an album,went on tour not as the opener?
Or did anything for that matter.
And where is this link you provided stating they're the best female band in US history?
They dont appear in a single list I've been able to find.

You're splitting hairs.

Agreed.

I'm not pissed at all, I really could care less who #1 is, and there is no denying the Chicks have sold a whole lot of records. I just want to make sure when someone makes a claim that they are the #1 female group of all time, that it's accurate, and according to every site I have checked it's simply not true regarding the Chicks.

Forum List

Back