Sandy Hook families...not all support the gun control group and tim mcgraw concert...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
For those not aware...an anti gun group is doing a concert in Sandy Hook....allegedly in support of the famiilies...and country singer tim mcgraw is going to sing at the concert....the group is a gun control group...and he is taking a lot of heat for singing there.....

Now some of the families of the victims are saying they are not to be associated with this particular organization.....

Families of 11 Sandy Hook Victims Distance Themselves from Tim McGraw s Gun Control Fundraiser - Breitbart

Now, NBC Connecticut reports that families of 11 Sandy Hook victims want “to clarify the issue for donors who might believe they are directly supporting the victims’ families.” These families worry that Sandy Hook Promise “is at times wrongly assumed to speak for all 26 victims’ families.”

The families made sure to point out that their decision to issue the statement “isn’t related to a position on the gun debate or other issues surrounding the tragedy,” rather they simply wanted to clarify that they are not affiliated with the group behind the McGraw concert.

Norfolk Daily News quoted the 11 families saying: “We wish only to provide clarification for the many generous donors that believe they are directly supporting the families at the center of this tragedy by contributing to the Sandy Hook Promise [organization].”

This is what Tim has to say about it all. :) :) :)

“Let me be clear regarding the concert for Sandy Hook, given much of the erroneous reporting thus far,” McGraw said. “As a gun owner, I support gun ownership. I also believe that with gun ownership comes the responsibility of education and safety — most certainly when it relates to what we value most, our children. I can’t imagine anyone who disagrees with that.”

He added that this concert is meant to do “something good for a community that is recovering.”

When the concert was first announced on Monday (April 13), McGraw said, “Out of this tragedy, a group was formed that made a promise to honor the lives lost and turn it into a moment of transformation. Sandy Hook Promise teaches that we can do something to protect our children from gun violence. I want to be a part of that promise — as a father and as a friend.”

What I am not all that thrilled about is how Billy Currington has decided to handle the situation.

“I’ve never been one to take on controversial issues — I’m a singer,” he wrote. “I do feel strongly about honoring and supporting the Sandy Hook community and will be making a donation to a local organization. I appreciate people’s freedom and passion for whatever cause they want to support. However, I am choosing to step aside from this fundraiser and will focus instead on the rest of the tour dates as I look forward to being on the road with Tim and Chase.”

To me, Billy shouldn't have let what other people think decide what he does with his time.

God bless you and him and Tim always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back