Tiger's new Manager

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
Hopefully he does well..

131103204434-dombrowskiausmus-det-655-single-image-cut.jpg

DETROIT (AP) When Brad Ausmus was a player - which wasn't that long ago - the mental aspect of the game always came pretty easily.

"I always enjoyed the cerebral part," Ausmus said. "It was much more difficult to hit - that was the part of the game I didn't really enjoy."

Perhaps it was inevitable that Ausmus would become a manager, and he'll have that chance now. The Detroit Tigers hired the 44-year-old former catcher to replace Jim Leyland at the helm of the three-time defending AL Central champions. Ausmus has little managerial experience, and the Tigers will entrust him with a talented roster that is expected to keep right on winning.

"I'm well aware that you don't generally get dropped into a situation like I will be this coming season," Ausmus said. "I understand I'm very fortunate. That being said, I'm not taking anything for granted. No details will be glossed over. I'm not assuming anything going into the job."

Ausmus, who worked in the San Diego Padres' front office as a special assistant to the general manager, emerged as Detroit's pick less than two weeks after Leyland stepped down. He takes over a team that has reached the AL championship series three straight years and should be well positioned for another big season in 2014.

The Tigers lost to Boston this year in the ALCS.

Detroit Tigers hire Brad Ausmus as manager - MLB - SI.com
800px-Peres%2C_Shapiro_and_Ausmus_%282%29.jpg

:cool:Israel National Team
Manager Brad Ausmus

Israel national baseball team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back