Thunderstorms - do you like them - or do you fear them?

Thunderstorms - do you like them - or do you fear them?

• I like them

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • I fear them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am neutral to them

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
First and foremost ... thunderstorms are uncommon where I live ... once every other year type of affairs ... so they're a "drop what your doing and watch" moment ... local fire departments mobilize and follow the storms putting out the lightning caused fires ... not usually enough water for rain, so just dry lightning ... pea-sized hail ... and clockwise spinning tornadoes, just the way the terrain lays out ...

I work outside in Florida. I've seen so many lightning strikes close by that I get nervous when I'm caught out in a storm. When they happen when I am home I get the best sleep I ever get.
My mother would bundle us up in a blanket and watch the storms roll in. I still get the best sleep when it's storming outside.

My mother would bundle us up in a blanket and watch the storms roll in. I still get the best sleep when it's storming outside.
I think almost everyone does. I wonder if thunder resembles the sounds of the womb, what with pregnant moms eating pickles and cherry pie all day.

OK!

In the last few days there were heavy thunderstorms here in our region.

And warnings again and again.

And talk of climate change etc.

That's why i opened this thread.
The wife and I went out to dinner Wednesday night at St. Charles, IL. Tornado sirens blaring as we stepped out of the car, then we watched a front approach that reportedly had a funnel cloud touch down the town before it and why the siren. It was fricking erie as hell. Five others from inside the restaurant stepped out by us and watched as well. All of the sudden, there was a change in the sound of the system, it started to sound like a locomotive coming at us. Really weird, I've never heard anything quite like it before with all my history of watching storms. It was cool and scary at the same time. It passed over the restaurant and nothing happened, but everyone was concerned inside. We were all discussing the sound we had heard. Outstanding twenty minutes.

The wife and I went out to dinner Wednesday night at St. Charles, IL. Tornado sirens blaring as we stepped out of the car, then we watched a front approach that reportedly had a funnel cloud touch down the town before it and why the siren. It was fricking erie as hell. Five others from inside the restaurant stepped out by us and watched as well. All of the sudden, there was a change in the sound of the system, it started to sound like a locomotive coming at us. Really weird, I've never heard anything quite like it before with all my history of watching storms. It was cool and scary at the same time. It passed over the restaurant and nothing happened, but everyone was concerned inside. We were all discussing the sound we had heard. Outstanding twenty minutes.
As long as you don't get killed. Funnel clouds are often described as sounding like an oncoming train.

As long as you don't get killed. Funnel clouds are often described as sounding like an oncoming train.
yep, that's why we were all concerned. Had already had a touchdown out of that one system, and it sounded like a locomotive. But, that's all we got, it was cool to watch it move east.

Can’t have thunderstorms according to demofks. Man makes high pressure systems
I aint lying,,
the one that just came through was a mother fucker,,,

the rain came 12 ft inside my shop door and had to push hard to close the door,,

reports say in some areas got 4 " in less than an hour,,

I aint lying,,
the one that just came through was a mother fucker,,,

the rain came 12 ft inside my shop door and had to push hard to close the door,,

reports say in some areas got 4 " in less than an hour,,
Read the one I posted yesterday!! I swear we saw and heard tornado, and stood watching like an idiot

I like them when they are sitting on top someone else's house. Hate them when they are direct over mine. While I have never had a direct strike, one of my brothers had an indirect one involving an oak tree, a metal drain vent pipe and a big weird looking hole in the side of his washing machine that was kind of cool and kind of creepy all at once.

Living near the “Lightning Capital of North America” I had better not be afraid of it or else I should move elsewhere.

I am not afraid but I do have a healthy respect.

15 like them
.0 fear them

I used to stand out in them.

1706128726407.png

Forum List

Back