Thug Breaks In -- Whatcha gonna do?

What's your plan of action when a thug breaks into your home?

• I'm a metro-sexual and will offer him my man-purse and some hair gel.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll curl in a fetal position and suck my thumb.

• I'll immediately call my anti-gun Democrat Representative and cry for guidance.

• I'll call the cops and make some tea while I wait for them to arrive.

• I'll offer the thug my wife and eldest daughter and beg him not to hurt me.

• I'll grab a butter knife and challenge the thug to a duel.

• I'm an atheist but I'll get on my knees and pray to God for protection.

• I'll play dead and plug my ears while my kids are being hacked.

• I'll sneak out the back window and meet Joe and Howey at the local gay bar.

• I'll strike up a conversation and discuss with the thug why cops are evil bastards.

• I'll hide under the bed while my wife is raped on the bed.

• Total voters

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Feb 16, 2014
State of Disgust!
It's 2:00 A.M. You and your wife are sleeping soundly in your room and your three kids are in their rooms down the hall. You're rudely awakened by the terrifying sound of glass breaking and the rustling of someone stomping around in your kitchen. You're groggy but you realize that someone has broken into your home through your back door. You live in the outskirts of a large suburb but it's a pretty low crime area so cops don't patrol very often and the closest police station is about 15 minutes away. The footsteps you hear heading in your direction are heavy and you perceive that they're the footsteps of a large man.

What's your first plan of action?

Are you dressed or do you have clothes and shoes near by? Where's your cell phone? Where's your gun? Is it loaded and ready to go? Does it have night vision or a laser sight attached? Are you at all prepared to protect your wife and kids -- and yourself?

Ladies: If your husband is a gun-hating pansy -- are YOU prepared to protect your kids and your unprepared, wimp of a husband?

Bear Spray and a Big ass Club should do the trick if you are weaponless....

I've gone my entire life without a break in or any circumstance where I felt my life was in danger somehow, on the other hand, my sister who owns several guns, and also had an alarm system on her house when she lived in Miami, was jumped as she was trying to enter her house, then robbed, and kidnapped at gun point, driving to a 24 hour bank withdrawal place with a gun pointed at her.... Could not get to her guns in the house or set off the alarm to let anyone know she was being robbed.... What saved her, was her mouth...and the 3 years experience she had teaching special education in a Juvenile delinquent prison, and her 15 years after that, teaching the Learning Disabled in High School... she recognized that the thief, kidnapper was a little "slow" upstairs and used that to her advantage and talked the young man in to letting her go after he got her money...promising she would not call the police...and he actually believed her...like I said, she said his marbles were not all there, like many of the disturbed youth she had taught over the years.... long story short, she was able to drive with the cops to the area where the young man got out of her car, which happened to be where cops had been earlier in the day for another reason/criminal investigation, and this same house in this area was where the robber/kidnapper had gone and the guy was arrested, and convicted...and locked up forever and a day, because of 3 strikes....he had killed his father when a young juvenile and then the armed robbery and then the kidnapping of my sister, did him in with 3 strikes you are out thingy....

bottom line though, my sister's guns, did not help with this robbery/kidnapping...but being quick on her feet and her experience with the delinquents, disturbed and deranged, is what helped her...

My town does not have a police force, we have a constable, who works digging and hauling and delivering dirt and gravel as a business all day and is on call.... the town next to us does have a handful of cops, who also run the animal shelter....

Most everyone owns a gun around here, or at least a shotgun, for Bear Protection or Moose protection, or coyote protection of wolf protection, or for hunting...robbers don't generally rob a home if anyone is home around here, they know they will get shot....why take the chance?

Bear Spray and a Big ass Club should do the trick if you are weaponless....

I've gone my entire life without a break in or any circumstance where I felt my life was in danger somehow, on the other hand, my sister who owns several guns, and also had an alarm system on her house when she lived in Miami, was jumped as she was trying to enter her house, then robbed, and kidnapped at gun point, driving to a 24 hour bank withdrawal place with a gun pointed at her.... Could not get to her guns in the house or set off the alarm to let anyone know she was being robbed.... What saved her, was her mouth...and the 3 years experience she had teaching special education in a Juvenile delinquent prison, and her 15 years after that, teaching the Learning Disabled in High School... she recognized that the thief, kidnapper was a little "slow" upstairs and used that to her advantage and talked the young man in to letting her go after he got her money...promising she would not call the police...and he actually believed her...like I said, she said his marbles were not all there, like many of the disturbed youth she had taught over the years.... long story short, she was able to drive with the cops to the area where the young man got out of her car, which happened to be where cops had been earlier in the day for another reason/criminal investigation, and this same house in this area was where the robber/kidnapper had gone and the guy was arrested, and convicted...and locked up forever and a day, because of 3 strikes....he had killed his father when a young juvenile and then the armed robbery and then the kidnapping of my sister, did him in with 3 strikes you are out thingy....

bottom line though, my sister's guns, did not help with this robbery/kidnapping...but being quick on her feet and her experience with the delinquents, disturbed and deranged, is what helped her...

My town does not have a police force, we have a constable, who works digging and hauling and delivering dirt and gravel as a business all day and is on call.... the town next to us does have a handful of cops, who also run the animal shelter....

Most everyone owns a gun around here, or at least a shotgun, for Bear Protection or Moose protection, or coyote protection of wolf protection, or for hunting...robbers don't generally rob a home if anyone is home around here, they know they will get shot....why take the chance?

Hope your sister learned a lesson. Carry a gun next time (and a panic button for her alarm system).

Just so you know ... there are 2 million burglaries reported each year in the USA. According to FBI statistics there's a property crime committed every three seconds in the USA.

http://lockjawsecurity.com/pdf/LockBumpingFactSheet.pdf

So it may not have happened to you YET but I hope you're not a future statistic.

I'd hit the button to jettison the escape pods (my families bedrooms) and set off the powerful explosives hidden in my basement.

Then I'd collect the insurance money and buy a sailboat :thup:

Okay ... so you're still dreaming away as the thug is walking down your hallway with a butcher knife. Someone will be collecting insurance money but it won't be you. Hahaha

I didn't see an option for cutting the fekker in two with my Remington 870. Oh, he has a friend or two? .45 1911. A few more through the door. Well, I have ATF cert for explosives. Good luck on those stairs homeboy.

I didn't see an option for cutting the fekker in two with my Remington 870. Oh, he has a friend or two? .45 1911. A few more through the door. Well, I have ATF cert for explosives. Good luck on those stairs homeboy.

That option is third from the bottom. It's likely the best choice for anyone living in the real world.

That option is third from the bottom. It's likely the best choice for anyone living in the real world.

Yeah, but I don't call the cops. Let their momma call.

I'd only call the cops so they could drag the corpse from the premises after I fulfill my duty as a husband and father.

I'd only call the cops so they could drag the corpse from the premises after I fulfill my duty as a husband and father.

Yeah, if the law required it, I would call them to haul away the meat. But after the fact. I would not be distracted beforehand.

Yeah, if the law required it, I would call them to haul away the meat. But after the fact. I would not be distracted beforehand.

I'd speed dial 911 then let the phone sit. I wouldn't say a word. Plus ... I already wear sweat pants and a t-shirt to bed. I always keep a flashlight, pair of slippers, my cell phone, and two guns (12 GA shotgun and Sig .40 cal pistol) within hands reach.

I'd speed dial 911 then let the phone sit. I wouldn't say a word. Plus ... I already wear sweat pants and a t-shirt to bed. I always keep a flashlight, pair of slippers, my cell phone, and two guns (12 GA shotgun and Sig .40 cal pistol) within hands reach.

That audio will be used against you in a court of law. For instance. I will deliver a fatal shot, even if not immediately necessary, after I wound a perp. Technically, that is murder. I don't want that recorded.

It is pretty obvious what equipment you and Yosemite Sad really rely on.

Forum List

Back