Thug Breaks In -- Whatcha gonna do?

What's your plan of action when a thug breaks into your home?

• I'm a metro-sexual and will offer him my man-purse and some hair gel.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll curl in a fetal position and suck my thumb.

• I'll immediately call my anti-gun Democrat Representative and cry for guidance.

• I'll call the cops and make some tea while I wait for them to arrive.

• I'll offer the thug my wife and eldest daughter and beg him not to hurt me.

• I'll grab a butter knife and challenge the thug to a duel.

• I'm an atheist but I'll get on my knees and pray to God for protection.

• I'll play dead and plug my ears while my kids are being hacked.

• I'll sneak out the back window and meet Joe and Howey at the local gay bar.

• I'll strike up a conversation and discuss with the thug why cops are evil bastards.

• I'll hide under the bed while my wife is raped on the bed.

• Total voters
It's 2:00 A.M. You and your wife are sleeping soundly in your room and your three kids are in their rooms down the hall. You're rudely awakened by the terrifying sound of glass breaking and the rustling of someone stomping around in your kitchen. You're groggy but you realize that someone has broken into your home through your back door. You live in the outskirts of a large suburb but it's a pretty low crime area so cops don't patrol very often and the closest police station is about 15 minutes away. The footsteps you hear heading in your direction are heavy and you perceive that they're the footsteps of a large man.

What's your first plan of action?

Are you dressed or do you have clothes and shoes near by? Where's your cell phone? Where's your gun? Is it loaded and ready to go? Does it have night vision or a laser sight attached? Are you at all prepared to protect your wife and kids -- and yourself?

Ladies: If your husband is a gun-hating pansy -- are YOU prepared to protect your kids and your unprepared, wimp of a husband?
What you DON'T do is get on a public board and post crap that will be used against you if you do have to defend yourself.

What I would do with an intruder, or intruders, is to assess the situation and act accordingly.

I would do that with the means of self-defense in hand.

What I won't do is shoot up a bunch of drunken teens, or an idiot out of gas at 2 am, over some incident out in the yard.

It is one thing to be ready to defend yourself, it is another thing to appear EAGER to shoot somebody, even if legally.

Hell on Earth would be spending 15 years in civil courts because you shot somebody's kid while he was being an idiot, even if you were within the law.

You certainly would be stupid to leave a lot of inflammatory posts around to be found later by an attorney or detective for relatives of the deceased..

I could post 1 million posts and still be within my right to shoot a thug who entered my home through a locked door with a busted window. He wouldn't even have to be armed in the State I live in. As long as they stay outside of my abode then they will live another day.
Once they are in my house, I would fear for my life.

I have some really high quality butcher knives in my kitchen.

It's 2:00 A.M. You and your wife are sleeping soundly in your room and your three kids are in their rooms down the hall. You're rudely awakened by the terrifying sound of glass breaking and the rustling of someone stomping around in your kitchen. You're groggy but you realize that someone has broken into your home through your back door. You live in the outskirts of a large suburb but it's a pretty low crime area so cops don't patrol very often and the closest police station is about 15 minutes away. The footsteps you hear heading in your direction are heavy and you perceive that they're the footsteps of a large man.

Are you dressed or do you have clothes and shoes near by? Where's your cell phone? Where's your gun? Is it loaded and ready to go? Does it have night vision or a laser sight attached? Are you at all prepared to protect your wife and kids -- and yourself?

Ladies: If your husband is a gun-hating pansy -- are YOU prepared to protect your kids and your unprepared, wimp of a husband?

Depends on the threat. Getting dressed would probably be the last thing I would do though. I have a wakizashi that is primary for close in work, then I have a Benelli M1 Super 90 for mid range. If the bad guy is far enough away, and not armed, he's not a threat so the rifle would stay in its rack.
I have a 1911 and an AR in reach.

I probably would reach for the AR first.

It is going to be close if it happens, and I'll want lots of bullets.

I don't do my best shooting when scared shitless.

Depends on the threat. Getting dressed would probably be the last thing I would do though. I have a wakizashi that is primary for close in work, then I have a Benelli M1 Super 90 for mid range. If the bad guy is far enough away, and not armed, he's not a threat so the rifle would stay in its rack.

My number one concern would be my kids. My mind would be on high alert. It's my belief that if someone is crazy enough to break into another person's home then they're crazy enough to do just about anything. Glad you're prepared for more than one scenario!

Forum List

Back