Throwing anti-Semitism around like a rag doll

"
POLAND MOVES TO MAKE USE OF PHRASE 'POLISH DEATH CAMPS' CRIMINAL OFFENSE"
Quote the bill, not an article.

How's your Polish? Mine's shit.
What about your English? :cool-45:

Full text of Poland’s controversial Holocaust legislation

Nothing about "POLISH DEATH CAMPS".

Ah, so if it doesn't mention it specifically, it's got nothing to do with it then?

What about....

"“Article 55a. 1. Whoever claims, publicly and contrary to the facts, that the Polish Nation or the Republic of Poland is responsible or co-responsible for Nazi crimes committed by the Third Reich,"

I guess Nazi Concentration Camps in Poland don't constitute "Nazi crimes" then, in your view?

The Poles' participation in the Holocaust is a mixed bag. Some Poles hid Jews, like a fellow named Felix who hid my 2 aunts. My great-uncle and aunt were also hidden by a Polish woman, who was recognized for her bravery by Yad Vashem. I think around 10% of the Polish Christian population were killed by the Germans. Yet many Poles helped the Nazis, and Polish pogroms after the War caused my mom's family to leave Poland. It was the same mixed bag with the Ukrainians. The Ukrainians were vicious anti-Semites, but millions of them died in WW2 at the hands of the Nazis.

At the very least I agree with the OP that Nazi concentration camps that were stationed in Poland should not really be called Polish camps, just like a Swiss chocolate bar in America should not be called an American chocolate bar.

"

Ah, so if it doesn't mention it specifically, it's got nothing to do with it then?
And yet you on two pages specifically resented the term "POLISH DEATH CAMPS".
What about....

"“Article 55a. 1. Whoever claims, publicly and contrary to the facts, that the Polish Nation or the Republic of Poland is responsible or co-responsible for Nazi crimes committed by the Third Reich,"
The problem is with "co-responsible".

"

And yet you on two pages specifically resented the term "POLISH DEATH CAMPS".
What about....

The problem is with "co-responsible".

So, you show me "co-responsibility" then....

Because I see camps run by Germans that killed hundreds of thousands of Poles, in a country that was occupied by Germans.

So, if you could just go find some evidence that Polish people were responsible for the Concentration Camps, you might have an argument. Do you?

At the very least I agree with the OP that Nazi concentration camps that were stationed in Poland should not really be called Polish camps
I never even heard the term "POLISH DEATH CAMPS".

People use the term that Auschwitz was a "Polish Concentration Camp".

https://www.economist.com/blogs/johnson/2011/03/adjectives

Here's an article from 2011.

"Polish concentration camps"

"Polish death camp" controversy - Wikipedia

Here's a wikipage on "Polish death camps".

If you’re tired of being labeled an anti-Semite then keep your Jew hatred to yourself and your bund rallies.

Restriction of liberty for WORDS?
My gawd man. Regressive assholes.
BTW, the polish govt was ran by GERMANS. So, im not sure if it is fair to say the poles were responsible.

Poland isn't innocent of their complicity for the Holocaust...

"After killing in mass shootings almost 1.5 million Jews in hundreds of locations in occupied Soviet territories, the Germans decided to construct stationary killing centers in occupied Poland, Auschwitz-Birkenau being the most well known. The ghettos became “holding pens” for Jews before deportation to a killing center.

As German forces implemented the killing, they drew upon some Polish agencies, such as Polish police forces and railroad personnel, in the guarding of ghettos and the deportation of Jews to the killing centers. Individual Poles often helped in the identification, denunciation, and hunting down of Jews in hiding, often profiting from the associated blackmail, and actively participated in the plunder of Jewish property.

There were incidents, particularly in the small towns of eastern Poland, where local Polish residents—acutely aware of the Germans’ presence and their antisemitic policies—carried out or participated in pogroms and murdered their Jewish neighbors. The pogrom in the town of Jedwabne in 1941 is one of the best-documented cases.

The Polish Government in Exile based in London sponsored resistance to the German occupation, including some to help Jews. For example, Zegota, the Council to Aid Jews, saved a few thousand Jews, even though helping a Jew in occupied Poland was punishable by death. Yad Vashem has identified more rescuers from Poland than any other country—6,532.

By the end of the war, three million Polish Jews—90 percent of the prewar population—had been murdered, one of the highest percentages in Europe. "

-- United States Holocaust Museum
Neither were the zionist's, who only wanted the wealthy jews out
The Haavara Agreement (Hebrew: הסכם העברה Translit.: heskem haavara Translated: "transfer agreement") was an agreement between Nazi Germany and Zionist German Jews signed on 25 August 1933. The agreement was finalized after three months of talks by the Zionist Federation of Germany, the Anglo-Palestine Bank (under the directive of the Jewish Agency) and the economic authorities of Nazi Germany. It was a major factor in making possible the migration of approximately 60,000 German Jews to Palestine in 1933–1939.[1]

The agreement enabled Jews fleeing persecution under the new Nazi regime to transfer some portion of their assets to British Mandatory Palestine.[2] Emigrants sold their assets in Germany to pay for essential goods (manufactured in Germany) to be shipped to Mandatory Palestine.[3][4] The agreement was controversial at the time, and was criticised by many Jewish leaders both within the Zionist movement (such as the Revisionist Zionist leader Ze'ev Jabotinsky) and outside it, as well as by members of the NSDAP and members of the German public.[4] For German Jews, the agreement offered a way to leave an increasingly hostile environment in Germany; for the Yishuv, the new Jewish community in Palestine, it offered access to both immigrant labor and economic support; for the Germans it facilitated the emigration of German Jews while breaking the anti-Nazi boycott of 1933, which had mass support among European Jews and was thought by the German state to be a potential threat to the German economy.[4][5]
Haavara Agreement - Wikipedia

BTW, the polish govt was ran by GERMANS. So, im not sure if it is fair to say the poles were responsible.
A war crime committed under occupation still is a war crime.

The Israeli Nazi and Nazi Collaborators (Punishment) Law of 1950, most famously used to prosecute Adolf Eichmann in 1961 and Ivan Demjanjuk in 1986, was originally introduced with the principal purpose of prosecuting Jewish collaborators with the Nazis.[30][31] Between 1951 and 1964, approximately 40 trials were held, mostly of people alleged to have been kapos.[31] Fifteen are known to have resulted in convictions, but only rough details are available since the records were sealed in 1995 for a period of 70 years from the trial date.[31] One person was convicted of crimes against humanity, which carried a mandatory death penalty, but the sentence was commuted to imprisonment.[31]

A small number of kapos were prosecuted in East and West Germany. In a well-publicised 1968 case, two Auschwitz kapos were put on trial in Frankfurt.[12] They were indicted for 189 murders and multiple assaults, found guilty of several murders, and sentenced to life imprisonment.[12]

During the Stutthof trials in Gdańsk, Poland, which took place in 1946 and 1947 for the prosecution of the Stutthof concentration camp personnel, five kapos were sentenced to death, with extreme brutality cited. Four of them were executed on 4 July 1946, and one on 10 October 1947. Another kapo was sentenced to three years' imprisonment and one acquitted and released on 29 November 1947
Kapo (concentration camp) - Wikipedia

Like the USA, Poland is dead in the letter of the law in its forcible denial of its complicity and guilt in the Holocaust.

Zbigniew Brzezinski and others have long since imposed a new and no less terrible Holocaust upon America and Europe under a New World Order through white nationalist gun control, forcible commitment to mental hospitals, and covert denial and subversion of due process of law under top secret treaties such as Trans-Pacific Partnership and other trade agreements arranged at the Bilderberg Meetings and Trilateral Commission.

Poland will remain under that heavy curse of the letter of the law as long as those secret trade agreements and treaties, to which only those of extreme wealth are privy, remain and are imposed upon the common people.

I have not long to live as I write this. Soon, perhaps soon, I will freeze to death or be murdered in the streets for the sake of my words, and at long last Jesus, my only friend, will receive my soul into His arms.

When He comes in His glory to judge the nations, Poland will receive the greater damnation for all this.

By the occupiers, i would assume. Why would a people get blamed for atrocities, committed and governed, by their invaders?
Nobody blames Poles for atrocities committed by Nazis. But there were collaborators with Nazis, and not a few.
BTW there were no Polish government in occupied Poland.

By the occupiers, i would assume. Why would a people get blamed for atrocities, committed and governed, by their invaders?
Nobody blames Poles for atrocities committed by Nazis. But there were collaborators with Nazis, and not a few.
BTW there were no Polish government in occupied Poland.
Sure there were some. They could have also had a gun stuck to their head.
BTW there were no Polish government in occupied Poland
i know. That was in my first post ;)

Poland isn't innocent of their complicity for the Holocaust...

"After killing in mass shootings almost 1.5 million Jews in hundreds of locations in occupied Soviet territories, the Germans decided to construct stationary killing centers in occupied Poland, Auschwitz-Birkenau being the most well known. The ghettos became “holding pens” for Jews before deportation to a killing center.

As German forces implemented the killing, they drew upon some Polish agencies, such as Polish police forces and railroad personnel, in the guarding of ghettos and the deportation of Jews to the killing centers. Individual Poles often helped in the identification, denunciation, and hunting down of Jews in hiding, often profiting from the associated blackmail, and actively participated in the plunder of Jewish property.

There were incidents, particularly in the small towns of eastern Poland, where local Polish residents—acutely aware of the Germans’ presence and their antisemitic policies—carried out or participated in pogroms and murdered their Jewish neighbors. The pogrom in the town of Jedwabne in 1941 is one of the best-documented cases.

The Polish Government in Exile based in London sponsored resistance to the German occupation, including some to help Jews. For example, Zegota, the Council to Aid Jews, saved a few thousand Jews, even though helping a Jew in occupied Poland was punishable by death. Yad Vashem has identified more rescuers from Poland than any other country—6,532.

By the end of the war, three million Polish Jews—90 percent of the prewar population—had been murdered, one of the highest percentages in Europe. "

-- United States Holocaust Museum

So, what you have copy and pasted, you are trying to use as some kind of whip to beat Poland?

I would suggest you re-read what you have posted.

Let me pick out a few points for you...

"the Germans decided to construct stationary killing centers in occupied Poland"

"The Polish Government in Exile based in London sponsored resistance to the German occupation"

"By the end of the war, three million Polish Jews—90 percent of the prewar population—had been murdered"

There are a few references to Poles and Polish agencies 'collaborating' with Nazi Germany in occupied Poland. What do you think would have happened to the Polish agencies, for example, if they had refused to collaborate with the Germans?

What you have posted absolutely supports the Polish decision to 'defend' itself in this issue. It does not, in any way, deny the holocaust, and it is certainly not antisemitic.

Wait, there was no Polish government in place. Poland was run and governed by Germany! The Polish government was in exile and working with the resistance to defeat the Germans.

So, the war crime, as you state, is still a war crime, but carried out by Germans in occupied Poland.

Forum List

Back