Throwing anti-Semitism around like a rag doll

BTW, the polish govt was ran by GERMANS. So, im not sure if it is fair to say the poles were responsible.
A war crime committed under occupation still is a war crime.
By the occupiers, i would assume. Why would a people get blamed for atrocities, committed and governed, by their invaders?
Nobody blames Poles for atrocities committed by Nazis. But there were collaborators with Nazis, and not a few.
BTW there were no Polish government in occupied Poland.
Sure there were some. They could have also had a gun stuck to their head.
BTW there were no Polish government in occupied Poland
i know. That was in my first post ;)
Some? OK, that's your assessment. The point is that it is not debatable according to the new bill. "Protecting the reputation of the Republic of Poland and the Polish Nation", Polish court simply can jail you.
Now a simple question: why Poland needs such bill?

In your first post you said "the polish govt was ran by GERMANS". No Polish government was ran by Germans.

BTW, the polish govt was ran by GERMANS. So, im not sure if it is fair to say the poles were responsible.
By the occupiers, i would assume. Why would a people get blamed for atrocities, committed and governed, by their invaders?
Nobody blames Poles for atrocities committed by Nazis. But there were collaborators with Nazis, and not a few.
Some? OK, that's your assessment. The point is that it is not debatable according to the new bill. "Protecting the reputation of the Republic of Poland and the Polish Nation", Polish court simply can jail you.

In your first post you said "the polish govt was ran by GERMANS". No Polish government was ran by Germans.
Semantics are extremely boring. Good day.

Wait, there was no Polish government in place. Poland was run and governed by Germany! The Polish government was in exile and working with the resistance to defeat the Germans.
Let me readdress it to TNHarley.
So, the war crime, as you state, is still a war crime, but carried out by Germans in occupied Poland.
Carried out by Germans and Polish collaborators in occupied Poland.

Semantics are extremely boring. Good day.
Sorry that I could not entertain you. :cool-45:

I don't know whether you are supporting what I said or criticizing.

Correct there was no Polish government... Poland was run by Germans... So... How can Poland be guilty of war crimes?

Protection is a VERY important word for Israel. Why is it not important for other countries?

Feels very much like demonisation of Poland because of "collaborators"!

We should lump ALL countries that had collaborators in the same bucket then.... That is pretty much every European country taken care of. The US and Canada can go in there as well....

Poland, a country not only occupied but run by Germans... You cannot demonize Poland that had parts of the country annexed by Germany, the other parts were occupied and run by Germany.

So... How can Poland be guilty of war crimes?

Protection is a VERY important word for Israel. Why is it not important for other countries?
It's simple: nobody blames Poland for Nazi atrocities. And the term "Polish death camps" is not in use. And even if somebody occasionally used it, the meaning of course was "Nazi death camps in Poland".
So from what exactly the bill protects? And why Poland needs it? Why other countries occupied during WW2 by Nazi Germany don't need such protection?

The Poles' participation in the Holocaust is a mixed bag. Some Poles hid Jews, like a fellow named Felix who hid my 2 aunts. My great-uncle and aunt were also hidden by a Polish woman, who was recognized for her bravery by Yad Vashem. I think around 10% of the Polish Christian population were killed by the Germans. Yet many Poles helped the Nazis, and Polish pogroms after the War caused my mom's family to leave Poland. It was the same mixed bag with the Ukrainians. The Ukrainians were vicious anti-Semites, but millions of them died in WW2 at the hands of the Nazis.

At the very least I agree with the OP that Nazi concentration camps that were stationed in Poland should not really be called Polish camps, just like a Swiss chocolate bar in America should not be called an American chocolate bar.

Yes, they did. But I don't think Poland is going to arrest anyone for saying there were Poles that helped the Nazis in WW2. Merely that the Poles didn't set up the Concentration Camps and the whole extermination thing was run by Germans.

The anti-Semitism in Poland in this period would not have seen anywhere near the number of deaths that the Nazis caused, had the Nazis not overrun their country.

It's simple: nobody blames Poland for Nazi atrocities. And the term "Polish death camps" is not in use. And even if somebody occasionally used it, the meaning of course was "Nazi death camps in Poland".
So from what exactly the bill protects? And why Poland needs it? Why other countries occupied during WW2 by Nazi Germany don't need such protection?

Which is just not true. People do use the term "Polish death camps".

"Polish death camp" controversy - Wikipedia

"Similar early-postwar, 1945 magazine uses of the term, in a geographic sense, occurred in Contemporary Jewish Record,[32] The Jewish Veteran,[33] and The Palestine Yearbook and Israeli Annual,[34] as well as in a 1947 book, Beyond the Last Path, by Hungarian-born Jew and Belgian resistance fighter Eugene Weinstock,[35] and in Polish writer Zofia Nałkowska's 1947 book Medallions.[36]"

"On 30 April 2004 a Canadian Television (CTV) Network News report referred to "the Polish camp in Treblinka". "

"In 2009 Zbigniew Osewski, grandson of a Stutthof concentration camp prisoner, announced that he was suing Axel Springer AG for calling Majdanek concentration campa "former Polish concentration camp" in a November 2008 article in the German newspaper Die Welt.[42] The case started in 2012."

"In May 2012 U.S. President Barack Obama referred to a "Polish death camp" while posthumously awarding the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Jan Karski. "

It gets used.... Just because you don't notice it, doesn't mean it's not happening.

Poland isn't innocent of their complicity for the Holocaust...

"After killing in mass shootings almost 1.5 million Jews in hundreds of locations in occupied Soviet territories, the Germans decided to construct stationary killing centers in occupied Poland, Auschwitz-Birkenau being the most well known. The ghettos became “holding pens” for Jews before deportation to a killing center.

As German forces implemented the killing, they drew upon some Polish agencies, such as Polish police forces and railroad personnel, in the guarding of ghettos and the deportation of Jews to the killing centers. Individual Poles often helped in the identification, denunciation, and hunting down of Jews in hiding, often profiting from the associated blackmail, and actively participated in the plunder of Jewish property.

There were incidents, particularly in the small towns of eastern Poland, where local Polish residents—acutely aware of the Germans’ presence and their antisemitic policies—carried out or participated in pogroms and murdered their Jewish neighbors. The pogrom in the town of Jedwabne in 1941 is one of the best-documented cases.

The Polish Government in Exile based in London sponsored resistance to the German occupation, including some to help Jews. For example, Zegota, the Council to Aid Jews, saved a few thousand Jews, even though helping a Jew in occupied Poland was punishable by death. Yad Vashem has identified more rescuers from Poland than any other country—6,532.

By the end of the war, three million Polish Jews—90 percent of the prewar population—had been murdered, one of the highest percentages in Europe. "

-- United States Holocaust Museum
Neither were the zionist's, who only wanted the wealthy jews out
The Haavara Agreement (Hebrew: הסכם העברה Translit.: heskem haavara Translated: "transfer agreement") was an agreement between Nazi Germany and Zionist German Jews signed on 25 August 1933. The agreement was finalized after three months of talks by the Zionist Federation of Germany, the Anglo-Palestine Bank (under the directive of the Jewish Agency) and the economic authorities of Nazi Germany. It was a major factor in making possible the migration of approximately 60,000 German Jews to Palestine in 1933–1939.[1]

The agreement enabled Jews fleeing persecution under the new Nazi regime to transfer some portion of their assets to British Mandatory Palestine.[2] Emigrants sold their assets in Germany to pay for essential goods (manufactured in Germany) to be shipped to Mandatory Palestine.[3][4] The agreement was controversial at the time, and was criticised by many Jewish leaders both within the Zionist movement (such as the Revisionist Zionist leader Ze'ev Jabotinsky) and outside it, as well as by members of the NSDAP and members of the German public.[4] For German Jews, the agreement offered a way to leave an increasingly hostile environment in Germany; for the Yishuv, the new Jewish community in Palestine, it offered access to both immigrant labor and economic support; for the Germans it facilitated the emigration of German Jews while breaking the anti-Nazi boycott of 1933, which had mass support among European Jews and was thought by the German state to be a potential threat to the German economy.[4][5]
Haavara Agreement - Wikipedia

Germany did this to cause the British more problems.

Well, if thats the case then why are you and Nutandyahoo even bothered?

Ever met a racist who hated blacks or an antisemite who DIDN'T claim he / she / it wasn't one?

Neither have I.

There you go again with the name calling sandjew

awwwwww.... jew hater sad because you're called what you are?

and psssssst.... calling someone a sand jew (whatever the f**k that is) isn't designed to have anyone think you're anything but the jewhating trash that you are.

capisce?
Like I said, from one side of the mouth they claim not to be antisemites and complain about the "misuse of word antisemitism" and from the other side they vomit bigotry and Jew hate, making themselves look like total fools! Ya gotta love it!

and psssssst.... calling someone a sand jew (whatever the f**k that is) isn't designed to have anyone think you're anything but the jewhating trash that you are.

capisce?
Like I said, from one side of the mouth they claim not to be antisemites and complain about the "misuse of word antisemitism" and from the other side they vomit bigotry and Jew hate, making themselves look like total fools! Ya gotta love it!

I think our people (for the most part) are pretty good at smelling jew hate.

and there is certainly plenty of it on this board.

true story, it wasn't something I ever saw here while I was growing up. I think the first time I heard anything anti-Semitic that wasn't in a history book was when some drunk jerk commented on my being a jew when he saw my chai while I was riding the subway years ago.

"misuse of word antisemitism"

Judaism is a religion. "Semite" is a racial category of Middle Eastern ancestry. Not all Semites are Jews. Probably most of them are Muslim and a few are Christian, Bahai, etc.

Not all Jews are Semitic, either. The Ashkenazi Jews are famous for not getting along with the Sephardic or other Semitic Jews.

Much of the time I don't know what people mean by "antisemitism" either. They are just not getting along with other people.

capisce?

I think our people (for the most part) are pretty good at smelling jew hate.

and there is certainly plenty of it on this board.

true story, it wasn't something I ever saw here while I was growing up. I think the first time I heard anything anti-Semitic that wasn't in a history book was when some drunk jerk commented on my being a jew when he saw my chai while I was riding the subway years ago.
You should get out more often!

Forum List

Back