Three years of autism/schizophrenia research destroyed by

animal rights activists.

And no news about it. Amazing. The true anti-science bloc: progressive nutbags:

"
Activists occupied an animal facility at the University of Milan, Italy, at the weekend, releasing mice and rabbits and mixing up cage labels to confuse experimental protocols. Researchers at the university say that it will take years to recover their work.
Many of the animals at the facility are genetic models for psychiatric disorders such as autism and schizophrenia."

"
Michela Matteoli, a neurobiologist who works on autism and other disorders and lost most of her own research in the attack, says that she found some research students crying in the disrupted facility on Monday morning.
“It will take three people at least a year to build up the colonies we had of mouse models of different psychiatric diseases,” she says."

"...animal-rights and environmental extremists have proven to be be capable of lots of damage and widespread, documented criminal activity. Yet they rarely get the press, say, a picture of a rude sign at a Tea Party rally might get. Maybe our more mainstream animal-rights friends could muster some loud denunciations of such tactics to prevent further losses of valuable research. "

Animal-rights activists wreak havoc in Milan laboratory : Nature News & Comment
Animal-rights activists trash years of autism research in Milan lab raid « Hot Air

Wow, what do liberals have to say for themselves? Being the sole champions of science (as they proclaim) they destroy it. That's horrible.

Grouping liberals as you do just shows your ignorance. Many people are supportive of animal rights but do not support the nutters who would do things like this. Do you really think most liberals support such nonsense? Get a brain.

I see liberals who value the life of all the critters out there, but then do laboratory tests on them. They could give less of a damn about our unborn children. Until someone disproves that notion, they will be lumped together accordingly.

These people torture the crap out of animals, infecting them with diseases, crippling them, keeping them in cages and then killing them when they have served a purpose.

I don't condone what the animal rights freaks did, but I am happy those animals were released from the confines of some lab.

Perhaps Miss Matteoli can infect herself with a deadly disease, or give herself autism or something else?

"These people" save lives and cure diseases.

That may be true, but is it okay to torture animals in order to do that - and keep in mind that it takes years, even decades, for them to find a drug that works. That's thousands of dead animals for a drug that hasn't even been through human trials yet!

I think you should volunteer to take their place.

I respectfully disagree. Yes, those animals ARE tortured. Daily. Just to "see what happens". Does it save human lives? Sometimes. But how many animals have to die to find a cure? They want to experiment..I'm with Noomi. Let them use their own bodies.

To show your support you should decline all life saving drugs when you become ill.
That'll show em.....

I respectfully disagree. Yes, those animals ARE tortured. Daily. Just to "see what happens". Does it save human lives? Sometimes. But how many animals have to die to find a cure? They want to experiment..I'm with Noomi. Let them use their own bodies.

what a fucking loon you are.

We'll see how you feel about animal experimentation when your child is dying of cancer.

Think what you want. I'd rather be a loon than an asshole.
I have/had breast cancer. It has only been 4 months or so, since my diagnosis. I would rather die from BC than have another creature die FOR me for experiements.

We can't all live forever, ya know.

Are you really this stupid? The very treatment you received was more then likely developed with animal testing. So if your cancer come back are you going to refuse treatment? I know I wont.
Hypocrite .....

To show your support you should decline all life saving drugs when you become ill.
That'll show em.....

Had you read the whole thread you would have known that she already has. I guess she's shown you!

If the drugs are meant for humans, why not test them on humans?

Can you tell me why that on a packet of painkillers, it says 'do not give to animals', but that same drug was actually tested on animals before it was allowed on the market?

If the drugs are meant for animals should we test them on humans also?

That wasn't my point. Why test a drug on animals to see if it will work on humans, and put on the packet that the drug is not to be given to animals?
Did the drug work when tested on animals? If so, why the need to prevent it from being given to the animal?

What makes you think they aren't given to animals?

That'll show em.....

Had you read the whole thread you would have known that she already has. I guess she's shown you!

Show me where she said she turned down medical treatment.
You cant because she didn't.
You dumbfuck....

It's interesting that the loons object to animal research..but they're aok with slaughtering babies in all manner of disgusting ways.

Of course I want a cure for those terrible diseases. Sometimes I feel that there must be a better way. It isn't right to benefit from the misery of another living being - in this case, an animal.
Hopefully medical science will progress enough in years to come so that animals are no longer necessary.

have you volunteered for any medical trials on drugs... you know when they first think them up and want to see if they are harmful or not? Now of anyone who is willing? Do you see the peta crowd standing up and saying that they will volunteer to be lab animals?

the only way to cure anything is to put it though trials...and that means animals first before humans.

But does that make it okay, though?

Like I have said, hopefully medical science will progress so much so in the future that animals will not be needed for testing.

if you don't think animal testing is okay... please feel free to never take another drug in your life.

medical science will never progress past the testing stage. Simple as that. So yes, that makes it okay.

Of course I want a cure for those terrible diseases. Sometimes I feel that there must be a better way. It isn't right to benefit from the misery of another living being - in this case, an animal.
Hopefully medical science will progress enough in years to come so that animals are no longer necessary.

have you volunteered for any medical trials on drugs... you know when they first think them up and want to see if they are harmful or not? Now of anyone who is willing? Do you see the peta crowd standing up and saying that they will volunteer to be lab animals?

the only way to cure anything is to put it though trials...and that means animals first before humans.

But does that make it okay, though?

Like I have said, hopefully medical science will progress so much so in the future that animals will not be needed for testing.

Hey, Noomi...here's a comforting thought: Pretty soon all the perverts who are torturing animals to protect us from bad disease will be hired by our TSA, where they can exploit their perversion in the name of "protecting" the people from other bad things.

That'll show em.....

What a fucking stupid argument.

Vast amounts of previously inaccessible medical knowledge was gained during the brutal and unethical experiments of Nazi Doctors. By your logic, every time you go to the doctor, you are endorsing Nazi Germany and the experiments done on live humans. Being that this conclusion false, so is the premise, and by analogy, so is your argument. We have certain medical knowledge now, however unscrupulously gained, and using it is not an endorsement of how it was procured. The same with any drugs gotten so far with any amount of animal experimentation. We have these drugs that work, yet any drugs now being used have passed all FDA standards and no longer need to be tested on animals, therefore you are NOT supporting animal testing merely by using a drug was WAS tested on animals. My point is, stop vivisection, but continue the drugs we do have and find another model for research testing. Animal anatomy and physiology is not generalizable to humans. The model is flawed, and millions of animal suffer for this flawed model that doesn't give us any direct knowledge about ourselves.

It is the acceptance of vivisection as viable that is the problem, itself, as it is an avenue of research that still considered acceptable. It is not. Vivisection is absolutely torture, and I am happy these animals were freed. Anyone that says vivisection is not torture doesn't know about vivisection, of thinks the suffering of animals does not matter or is less than than that of humans, which is fallacious reasoning and extremely biased.

Quantum Windbag, Beagles are commonly used in vivisection experiments. Learn a fucking thing before you debate it.

Last edited:
Let's be clear about this. The reason to test things on animals is so that you are not testing them on humans. Humans have more value than animals. That's just a basic fact of life for, I think, the majority of the human population. If a living creature must take risks, better it be a rat than a person.

If you disagree that humans are more valuable than animals, I simply don't understand how you think. If you had a choice to save the life of a puppy or a baby, and you aren't sure which you would choose, I would say your way of thinking is more monstrous than research done on rodents.

If you would choose the human baby without hesitation, then you do place more value on human life than animals, and the argument is just one of degree.

And how do you arrive at that conclusion?

Let's be clear about this. The reason to test things on animals is so that you are not testing them on humans. Humans have more value than animals. That's just a basic fact of life for, I think, the majority of the human population. If a living creature must take risks, better it be a rat than a person.

If you disagree that humans are more valuable than animals, I simply don't understand how you think. If you had a choice to save the life of a puppy or a baby, and you aren't sure which you would choose, I would say your way of thinking is more monstrous than research done on rodents.

If you would choose the human baby without hesitation, then you do place more value on human life than animals, and the argument is just one of degree.

^^Typical death cultist. Animals and trees are more valuable than humans, and from thence all their garbage emanates.

So why on earth would anyone listen to them when they offer opinions regarding the well being of mankind?

animal rights activists.

And no news about it. Amazing. The true anti-science bloc: progressive nutbags:

"
Activists occupied an animal facility at the University of Milan, Italy, at the weekend, releasing mice and rabbits and mixing up cage labels to confuse experimental protocols. Researchers at the university say that it will take years to recover their work.
Many of the animals at the facility are genetic models for psychiatric disorders such as autism and schizophrenia."

"
Michela Matteoli, a neurobiologist who works on autism and other disorders and lost most of her own research in the attack, says that she found some research students crying in the disrupted facility on Monday morning.
“It will take three people at least a year to build up the colonies we had of mouse models of different psychiatric diseases,” she says."

"...animal-rights and environmental extremists have proven to be be capable of lots of damage and widespread, documented criminal activity. Yet they rarely get the press, say, a picture of a rude sign at a Tea Party rally might get. Maybe our more mainstream animal-rights friends could muster some loud denunciations of such tactics to prevent further losses of valuable research. "

Animal-rights activists wreak havoc in Milan laboratory : Nature News & Comment
Animal-rights activists trash years of autism research in Milan lab raid « Hot Air

As someone who has a schizophrenic mom, this saddens me.

I can't wait for a cure for her.

^^Typical death cultist. Animals and trees are more valuable than humans, and from thence all their garbage emanates.

So why on earth would anyone listen to them when they offer opinions regarding the well being of mankind?

You can go fuck yourself. I asked for a logical path to this conclusion, since none was given, and here you come with the negs. And I wasn't even asking you, nor is it even your original statement.

It must suck moose cock to live in your hateful head where any hint of rational thought is put down like an insurrection. Although it does explain your mindless posts. Must suck even more to be driven to stick your hapless nose into other people's conversations that are completely beyond the grasp of your tiny little mind.

And by the way you offered no logical path either, just parroted the same ipse dixit.
Wassamatta? Can't think? Too deep?

And by the other way hypocrite-- calling me a "death cultist"........ while wearing that avatar?? We should call you "Peg" because that's what you're doing to this meter:

IronyMeter1.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back