Three years of autism/schizophrenia research destroyed by

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by koshergrl, Apr 26, 2013.

1. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,912
    animal rights activists.

And no news about it. Amazing. The true anti-science bloc: progressive nutbags:

"
    Activists occupied an animal facility at the University of Milan, Italy, at the weekend, releasing mice and rabbits and mixing up cage labels to confuse experimental protocols. Researchers at the university say that it will take years to recover their work.
    Many of the animals at the facility are genetic models for psychiatric disorders such as autism and schizophrenia."

"
    Michela Matteoli, a neurobiologist who works on autism and other disorders and lost most of her own research in the attack, says that she found some research students crying in the disrupted facility on Monday morning.
    “It will take three people at least a year to build up the colonies we had of mouse models of different psychiatric diseases,” she says."

"...animal-rights and environmental extremists have proven to be be capable of lots of damage and widespread, documented criminal activity. Yet they rarely get the press, say, a picture of a rude sign at a Tea Party rally might get. Maybe our more mainstream animal-rights friends could muster some loud denunciations of such tactics to prevent further losses of valuable research. "

Animal-rights activists wreak havoc in Milan laboratory : Nature News & Comment
    Animal-rights activists trash years of autism research in Milan lab raid « Hot Air

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Etherion

Etherion I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,359
    Wow, what do liberals have to say for themselves? Being the sole champions of science (as they proclaim) they destroy it. That's horrible.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  3. Noomi

Noomi Ninja Kicker Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,878
    These people torture the crap out of animals, infecting them with diseases, crippling them, keeping them in cages and then killing them when they have served a purpose.

I don't condone what the animal rights freaks did, but I am happy those animals were released from the confines of some lab.

Perhaps Miss Matteoli can infect herself with a deadly disease, or give herself autism or something else?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,606

:clap2:

What she said ^^^.

5. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,225
    "These people" save lives and cure diseases.

6. Noomi

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,878
    That may be true, but is it okay to torture animals in order to do that - and keep in mind that it takes years, even decades, for them to find a drug that works. That's thousands of dead animals for a drug that hasn't even been through human trials yet!

7. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,225
    The animals are not tortured. If you want torture think of how those animals who were getting treated for those conditions are doing now that they have been denied the drugs they need to make their lives better. Every single one of the terrorists responsible for this crime should be forced to take the places of the animals they have condemned to a slow an painful death.

8. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,606
    I respectfully disagree. Yes, those animals ARE tortured. Daily. Just to "see what happens". Does it save human lives? Sometimes. But how many animals have to die to find a cure? They want to experiment..I'm with Noomi. Let them use their own bodies.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. Swagger

Swagger Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,737
    Anyone ever notice how animal rights activists only ever attack soft targets and conveniently overlook all the genuine suffering animals endure in the developing world? I once saw an advert seeking donations to end the suffering of pack animals in Africa and Asia. Couldn't help but think to myself: 'Yeah, that'll really take-off'. And there's nothing more satisfying than reminding animal activists that most baked goods bought from the supermarkets are made with battery farmed eggs from Russia. They're an incredibly selective breed when it comes to injustice.

10. Noomi

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,878
    Injecting a lab rat or bunny with a disease IS torturing them. You cause them pain, and then you cause them more pain when you inject them wit more drugs to try and 'cure' the disease you infected them with!

These lab rats are paralysed, they are electrocuted, they are not seen as animals by these people, rather, as objects.

And the people who do the testing, who develop these drugs - do they actually take part in the human trials? Or are they happy to allow someone else to risk their life/health?

The article already stated that some of the rats that were saved were mutated! That is the result of what these 'people' have done to them - made them mutants! How the hell can anyone be okay with that?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013