Three years of autism/schizophrenia research destroyed by

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
animal rights activists.

And no news about it. Amazing. The true anti-science bloc: progressive nutbags:

"
Activists occupied an animal facility at the University of Milan, Italy, at the weekend, releasing mice and rabbits and mixing up cage labels to confuse experimental protocols. Researchers at the university say that it will take years to recover their work.
Many of the animals at the facility are genetic models for psychiatric disorders such as autism and schizophrenia."

"
Michela Matteoli, a neurobiologist who works on autism and other disorders and lost most of her own research in the attack, says that she found some research students crying in the disrupted facility on Monday morning.
“It will take three people at least a year to build up the colonies we had of mouse models of different psychiatric diseases,” she says."

"...animal-rights and environmental extremists have proven to be be capable of lots of damage and widespread, documented criminal activity. Yet they rarely get the press, say, a picture of a rude sign at a Tea Party rally might get. Maybe our more mainstream animal-rights friends could muster some loud denunciations of such tactics to prevent further losses of valuable research. "

Animal-rights activists wreak havoc in Milan laboratory : Nature News & Comment
Animal-rights activists trash years of autism research in Milan lab raid « Hot Air

animal rights activists.

"
Activists occupied an animal facility at the University of Milan, Italy, at the weekend, releasing mice and rabbits and mixing up cage labels to confuse experimental protocols. Researchers at the university say that it will take years to recover their work.
Many of the animals at the facility are genetic models for psychiatric disorders such as autism and schizophrenia."

"
Michela Matteoli, a neurobiologist who works on autism and other disorders and lost most of her own research in the attack, says that she found some research students crying in the disrupted facility on Monday morning.
“It will take three people at least a year to build up the colonies we had of mouse models of different psychiatric diseases,” she says."

"...animal-rights and environmental extremists have proven to be be capable of lots of damage and widespread, documented criminal activity. Yet they rarely get the press, say, a picture of a rude sign at a Tea Party rally might get. Maybe our more mainstream animal-rights friends could muster some loud denunciations of such tactics to prevent further losses of valuable research. "

Animal-rights activists trash years of autism research in Milan lab raid « Hot Air

Wow, what do liberals have to say for themselves? Being the sole champions of science (as they proclaim) they destroy it. That's horrible.

Last edited:
These people torture the crap out of animals, infecting them with diseases, crippling them, keeping them in cages and then killing them when they have served a purpose.

I don't condone what the animal rights freaks did, but I am happy those animals were released from the confines of some lab.

Perhaps Miss Matteoli can infect herself with a deadly disease, or give herself autism or something else?

These people torture the crap out of animals, infecting them with diseases, crippling them, keeping them in cages and then killing them when they have served a purpose.

I don't condone what the animal rights freaks did, but I am happy those animals were released from the confines of some lab.

Perhaps Miss Matteoli can infect herself with a deadly disease, or give herself autism or something else?

:clap2:

What she said ^^^.

"These people" save lives and cure diseases.

That may be true, but is it okay to torture animals in order to do that - and keep in mind that it takes years, even decades, for them to find a drug that works. That's thousands of dead animals for a drug that hasn't even been through human trials yet!

That may be true, but is it okay to torture animals in order to do that - and keep in mind that it takes years, even decades, for them to find a drug that works. That's thousands of dead animals for a drug that hasn't even been through human trials yet!

The animals are not tortured. If you want torture think of how those animals who were getting treated for those conditions are doing now that they have been denied the drugs they need to make their lives better. Every single one of the terrorists responsible for this crime should be forced to take the places of the animals they have condemned to a slow an painful death.

I respectfully disagree. Yes, those animals ARE tortured. Daily. Just to "see what happens". Does it save human lives? Sometimes. But how many animals have to die to find a cure? They want to experiment..I'm with Noomi. Let them use their own bodies.

Anyone ever notice how animal rights activists only ever attack soft targets and conveniently overlook all the genuine suffering animals endure in the developing world? I once saw an advert seeking donations to end the suffering of pack animals in Africa and Asia. Couldn't help but think to myself: 'Yeah, that'll really take-off'. And there's nothing more satisfying than reminding animal activists that most baked goods bought from the supermarkets are made with battery farmed eggs from Russia. They're an incredibly selective breed when it comes to injustice.

The animals are not tortured. If you want torture think of how those animals who were getting treated for those conditions are doing now that they have been denied the drugs they need to make their lives better. Every single one of the terrorists responsible for this crime should be forced to take the places of the animals they have condemned to a slow an painful death.

Injecting a lab rat or bunny with a disease IS torturing them. You cause them pain, and then you cause them more pain when you inject them wit more drugs to try and 'cure' the disease you infected them with!

These lab rats are paralysed, they are electrocuted, they are not seen as animals by these people, rather, as objects.

And the people who do the testing, who develop these drugs - do they actually take part in the human trials? Or are they happy to allow someone else to risk their life/health?

The article already stated that some of the rats that were saved were mutated! That is the result of what these 'people' have done to them - made them mutants! How the hell can anyone be okay with that?

Last edited:

If you understand that these animals may be infected with some disease, or may have been genetically engineered to enhance some mental or behavioral maladaptation, why in hell would you celebrate their release into the environment?

Would you prefer it if they did their research on people? Or do you just want people to suffer and die from fatal or debilitating diseases?

I respectfully disagree. Yes, those animals ARE tortured. Daily. Just to "see what happens". Does it save human lives? Sometimes. But how many animals have to die to find a cure? They want to experiment..I'm with Noomi. Let them use their own bodies.

what a fucking loon you are.

We'll see how you feel about animal experimentation when your child is dying of cancer.

animal rights activists.

"

"

yup that is what they do

out this way some years back a group

of "animal activists" looking out for the best interests of the animal

let loose thousands of mink from a mink farm

not realizing or caring perhaps

the group did not know that captive mink

do not have any of the skills it takes to live in the wild

although some got recaptured

most either died of starvation

or became grease spots on a freeway that ran near by

If you understand that these animals may be infected with some disease, or may have been genetically engineered to enhance some mental or behavioral maladaptation, why in hell would you celebrate their release into the environment?

why on earth would someone want to unleash faulty genes into the pool

of other animals living in the wild

That's just propaganda. Animals aren't tortured and nothing is done "just to see what happens". Protocols are reviewed by teams of scientists before any grants are awarded to determine their worth and rules about treatment and care have become increasingly stringent over the years. Animal rights activists have been instrumental in much of that, but to suggest that all animal experimentation should be stopped would basically halt all further progress in the prevention and cure of disease.

Anyone ever notice how animal rights activists only ever attack soft targets and conveniently overlook all the genuine suffering animals endure in the developing world? I once saw an advert seeking donations to end the suffering of pack animals in Africa and Asia. Couldn't help but think to myself: 'Yeah, that'll really take-off'. And there's nothing more satisfying than reminding animal activists that most baked goods bought from the supermarkets are made with battery farmed eggs from Russia. They're an incredibly selective breed when it comes to injustice.
It's the same with women's rights activists who are totally silent about the treatment of women in Muslim countries. Yet are "outraged" that the govt doesn't pay for their birth control pill. Hilarious.

animal rights activists.

"

"

yup that is what they do

out this way some years back a group

of "animal activists" looking out for the best interests of the animal

let loose thousands of mink from a mink farm

not realizing or caring perhaps

the group did not know that captive mink

do not have any of the skills it takes to live in the wild

although some got recaptured

most either died of starvation

or became grease spots on a freeway that ran near by

That's primarily because these morons do not understand Nature. They equate all animal life to themselves and anthropomophize the animals' abilities. Of course, the fallacy in their thinking is the fact that the animals have a deeper understanding of Nature and are far superior to the typical animal rights activist.

why on earth would someone want to unleash faulty genes into the pool

of other animals living in the wild

That's a question best posed to these terrorist who do just that when they "liberate" oppresses lab animals, some of which have been genetically engineered for certain traits.

You might also want to explore why our government has sanctioned some of their big business cronies to do just that, as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back