CDZ Three unanswered yet interesting questions pertaining to life

Finally: How did the jump happen from standard animal intelligence to human consciousness? Sure there are some smart animals out there, but they do not hold a candle to human intelligence.

We can see a stark difference between the intellect of present day humans and those who wrote ancient myths that captured the imagination of their even more troglodytic fellows. Clearly we are more evolved than those people; more able to reason, more able to empathize with people different from us, etc.

If that can happen in 3000 years, imagine what can happen in the course 3 Billion years.

Finally: How did the jump happen from standard animal intelligence to human consciousness? Sure there are some smart animals out there, but they do not hold a candle to human intelligence.

We can see a stark difference between the intellect of present day humans and those who wrote ancient myths that captured the imagination of their even more troglodytic fellows. Clearly we are more evolved than those people; more able to reason, more able to empathize with people different from us, etc.

If that can happen in 3000 years, imagine what can happen in the course 3 Billion years.
Not so fast there Sport. Post modern man is no smarter than 3,000 years ago. In fact many have been dumbed down considerably. Many now believe you can simply believe you are of another gender and that makes it true. Thes people will believe anything.

And as you see above, many think the universe just popped into existence with all its' complexity because shit happens. That rivals any religious text for gullibility.

Okay, maybe I'm missing something...explain how, given our current evidence and knowledge base...that this is deeply faithful. Perhaps I am a devout believer. Perhaps I lack all of the facts. Please, provide reasoning for your argument instead of just stating your conclusion. Where, specifically, am I being faithful and believing where there is no evidence?
I said it several times already, I cannot understand it for you. We don't have "evidence" that life, or the universe for that matter, simply jump started itself into existence. You are demonstrating a high level of faith to believe so. No evidence, no facts but a firm belief = faith. How many times does it need to be explained to you?
What do you believe? The answer should be you don't know
So you couldn't post any of the evidence that you posited? Now it's about me? LOL.
Yes it's now on you! We admit we don't know. Do you know?
No, you didn't admit you don't know you said the opposite. I said all along I believe in a creator because I can't buy random chance creating everything but don't know any more about him/it. The words are still there, they didn't evolve into something else while sitting on a server somewhere.
Are those the two only options? I can see how if you were presented with those two choices you might pick a God that created everything on purpose rather than think "random chance" did it. Who even knows what that means? Universes get started everyday in the cosmos.

I think infinite universes have always existed and will always exist. We live in reality. Why are there humans and moons and Suns? Who knows. That's just what comes out of stars when they explode. Takes about 10 billion years for life to start after a universes birth. My hypothesis is based on logic reasoning and evidence. Yours is based on ignorance. So's mine but yours is wishful thinking. And your side had to lie and claim he visited. Even you admit that

What did God do trillions of years before our universe?

Can God travel beyond our universe

Funny you don't need to know who created God. I got news for you. The universe is eternal. No need for a God.

Not so fast there Sport. Post modern man is no smarter than 3,000 years ago. In fact many have been dumbed down considerably. Many now believe you can simply believe you are of another gender and that makes it true. Thes people will believe anything.

And as you see above, many think the universe just popped into existence with all its' complexity because shit happens. That rivals any religious text for gullibility.

:rolleyes:

:lame2:

I said it several times already, I cannot understand it for you. We don't have "evidence" that life, or the universe for that matter, simply jump started itself into existence. You are demonstrating a high level of faith to believe so. No evidence, no facts but a firm belief = faith. How many times does it need to be explained to you?
So you couldn't post any of the evidence that you posited? Now it's about me? LOL.
No, you didn't admit you don't know you said the opposite. I said all along I believe in a creator because I can't buy random chance creating everything but don't know any more about him/it. The words are still there, they didn't evolve into something else while sitting on a server somewhere.
Are those the two only options? I can see how if you were presented with those two choices you might pick a God that created everything on purpose rather than think "random chance" did it. Who even knows what that means? Universes get started everyday in the cosmos.

I think infinite universes have always existed and will always exist. We live in reality. Why are there humans and moons and Suns? Who knows. That's just what comes out of stars when they explode. Takes about 10 billion years for life to start after a universes birth. My hypothesis is based on logic reasoning and evidence. Yours is based on ignorance. So's mine but yours is wishful thinking. And your side had to lie and claim he visited. Even you admit that

Funny you don't need to know who created God. I got news for you. The universe is eternal. No need for a God.
You forgot (again) to support any of your assertions. Asking me questions and calling me ignorant doesn't cut it.

Ah, a homophobes who believes in God. No surprise. I bet you have faith God hates all the same people you do.

Tell me the whole story of what you believe. I think it's funny you believe in something you admit you know nothing about. Now that takes some faith. Then to come here and brag about your ignorance and mock people who don't see it your way.

At least some of you stopped killing doubters. Some!

Do you really think that human beings are as simple today as they were 3000 years ago?

Do they burn witches still to prevent disease? No. They are now able to grasp science, and wash their hands instead--a few jam-handed troglodytic outliers notwithstanding.

You forgot (again) to support any of your assertions. Asking me questions and calling me ignorant doesn't cut it.
Oh yes it does. I'm never going to agree with the intelligent creator theory without more evidence. Just wild speculation.

Our position is we don't know and it could be random chance. What else you got?

Do you really think that human beings are as simple today as they were 3000 years ago?

Do they burn witches still to prevent disease? No. They are now able to grasp science, and wash their hands instead--a few jam-handed troglodytic outliers notwithstanding.
Intelligence and knowledge are not synonymous. Sorry it needed to be explained to you.

Oh yes it does. I'm never going to agree with the intelligent creator theory without more evidence. Just wild speculation.

Our position is we don't know and it could be random chance. What else you got?
I didn't ask you to believe in a creator. I said I don't have enough faith in shit happens. "Our position"? You are the spokesperson for whom?

Intelligence and knowledge are not synonymous. Sorry it needed to be explained to you.

So nurture rather than nature? Materialism is correct?

So nurture rather than nature? Materialism is correct?
Huh? Are you reading the posts?

By intelligence I mean cognitive ability. Just because they believed in myths did not make them stupid per se. They were still very smart. They found ways to engineer structures that we still marvel at today. We are not much more evolved than them because we discovererd nuclear energy, we have been building off the discoveries of our very smart ancestors. So it's not fair to say that bc we write on computer vs sandstone we are more evolved than them.

As far as your OP, I've already given my answer...random chance. Attempting to assign reason or meaning when we currently have no evidence to support such theories may be popular (I mean Zeus worked for explaining and giving reason to lightening for hundreds of years) but that doesn't make it any more true.
...which requires a HIGH degree of faith. Too much for most folks. You are a deeply faithful believer indeed. Dismissing other faiths doesn't change it.
Okay, maybe I'm missing something...explain how, given our current evidence and knowledge base...that this is deeply faithful. Perhaps I am a devout believer. Perhaps I lack all of the facts. Please, provide reasoning for your argument instead of just stating your conclusion. Where, specifically, am I being faithful and believing where there is no evidence?

The Teleological argument, or Argument from Design, is a non sequitur. Complexity does not imply design and does not prove the existence of a god. Even if design could be established we cannot conclude anything about the nature of the designer. Could be aliens??? Furthermore, many biological systems have obvious defects consistent with the predictions of evolution by means of natural selection.

The appearance of complexity and order in the universe is the result of spontaneous self-organization and pattern formation, caused by chaotic feedback between simple physical laws and rules. All the complexity of the universe, all its apparent richness,even life itself, arises from simple, mindless rules repeated over and over again for billions of years. Current scientific theories are able to clearly explain how complexity and order arise in physical systems. Any lack of understanding does not immediately imply ‘god’.

Note: Crystallization is one example of how matter can readily self-organize into complex, ordered shapes and structures.

See also: The Story of Everything by Carl Sagan (a must watch), BBC – The Secret Life of Chaos (a must watch), BBC – The Cell: Spark of Life (a must watch), Self-Organization, Evolution, The Watchmaker Analogy, Ultimate 747 gambit, Junkyard Tornado (Hoyle’s fallacy).

Additionally: The laryngeal nerve of the giraffe, Evolution of the Eye, Chromosome 2,Bacterial Flagellum, TalkOrigins Index to Creationist Claims.

“The universe is huge and old and rare things happen all the time, including life.” – Lawrence Krauss

“There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.” – Charles Darwin

spirals2.jpg
Spiral patterns in Galaxies, Cyclones, Whirlpools, Broccoli, Shells, BZ Reactions, Subatomic Particles, Fractals and Archimedes Diagram. All explainable by natural processes.

As far as your OP, I've already given my answer...random chance. Attempting to assign reason or meaning when we currently have no evidence to support such theories may be popular (I mean Zeus worked for explaining and giving reason to lightening for hundreds of years) but that doesn't make it any more true.
...which requires a HIGH degree of faith. Too much for most folks. You are a deeply faithful believer indeed. Dismissing other faiths doesn't change it.

The Teleological argument, or Argument from Design, is a non sequitur. Complexity does not imply design and does not prove the existence of a god. Even if design could be established we cannot conclude anything about the nature of the designer. Could be aliens??? Furthermore, many biological systems have obvious defects consistent with the predictions of evolution by means of natural selection.

The appearance of complexity and order in the universe is the result of spontaneous self-organization and pattern formation, caused by chaotic feedback between simple physical laws and rules. All the complexity of the universe, all its apparent richness,even life itself, arises from simple, mindless rules repeated over and over again for billions of years. Current scientific theories are able to clearly explain how complexity and order arise in physical systems. Any lack of understanding does not immediately imply ‘god’.

Note: Crystallization is one example of how matter can readily self-organize into complex, ordered shapes and structures.

See also: The Story of Everything by Carl Sagan (a must watch), BBC – The Secret Life of Chaos (a must watch), BBC – The Cell: Spark of Life (a must watch), Self-Organization, Evolution, The Watchmaker Analogy, Ultimate 747 gambit, Junkyard Tornado (Hoyle’s fallacy).

Additionally: The laryngeal nerve of the giraffe, Evolution of the Eye, Chromosome 2,Bacterial Flagellum, TalkOrigins Index to Creationist Claims.

“The universe is huge and old and rare things happen all the time, including life.” – Lawrence Krauss

“There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.” – Charles Darwin

spirals2.jpg
Spiral patterns in Galaxies, Cyclones, Whirlpools, Broccoli, Shells, BZ Reactions, Subatomic Particles, Fractals and Archimedes Diagram. All explainable by natural processes.
Smokescreens are used to cover up things. Spraying the forum with natural shapes and occurrences doesn't prove that's what created nature in the first place.

Fail.

spirals2.jpg
Smokescreens are used to cover up things. Spraying the forum with natural shapes and occurrences doesn't prove that's what created nature in the first place.

Fail.
It's not easy explaining why you are so wrong. Hard to put it all in one sentence. So you don't believe in evolution, huh?

1. You think “it hasn’t been observed” is a good argument against it.

If the idea (that “scientific evidence must be both observable and repeatable”) were carried to its logical conclusion, it would cripple not only the study of evolution, but every line of historical inquiry. We would, in fact, be prohibited from exploring most matters that cannot be brought inside or recreated within a laboratory, whether they be large (the composition and origin of stars, for example) or small (like the forensic recreation of a crime scene).

Making viable conclusions based on inferences from the available evidence is not at all unscientific, and it is this reasoning that has compelled us toward the theory of evolution. Interestingly, evolutionisobservable and repeatable in the sense that scientists can make and test predictions of the theory, and this is exactly what they have been doing for more than a century. For example, the theory of evolution predicts that large-scale changes, like those that turned fishy ancestors into land-treading mammals, take many millions of years,so the fact that wehaven’t observed anything like that since Darwin is aconfirmationof his idea.If the fossil record, genetic evidence, laboratory experiments and morehad notborne out this and other predictions, it would have immediately required modifications to the theory, and may have falsified it altogether.

As a side note, I do get a chuckle from YECs who claim evolution isn’t scientific because it isn’t observable or repeatable. Because, ifanythingis not observable or repeatable, it’s creationism. Therefore, their beliefs, too, are invalidated by their own argument.

You think we’ve never found a transitional fossil? This claim is demonstrably false, and its use by those who claim to serve the Lordthrough whom came grace and truthis reprehensible. Strong language, I know, but Christians are explicitly commandednot to lie to each other, so this is inexcusable. We have found fossil series that clearly illustratethe transitionsof dozens of major features in various lines. We have found“fishapods”and“frogamanders”andwalking whalesandfeathered dinosaursandhalf-shelled turtles.

spirals2.jpg
Not sure if you are implying this or not, but above argument is also a no sequitur, since it does not disprove the existence of a creator. We have no way to prove, that a creator did not set up these laws of physics like dominoes, and everything we see is just the result of how those dominoes fall. It's a chicken and egg conversation you two have been having. But what I'm saying if your going to point out a logical fallacy, don't turn around and use one yourself.

Forum List

Back