CDZ Three unanswered yet interesting questions pertaining to life

Athiests and agnostics are certainly not evil for not believing. And maybe there is an eternal creator who created and rules over the eternal cosmos but is not believing there is really the greatest of sins? Of course not. Only a religion would say it was.

This is what agnostics and athiests have in common. We both call bs on all religions. That's what an agnostic says to the Jesus Mohammad and moses stories. Not buying it. Other than that it's just a maybe
No, an agnostic may sit on the fence regarding a particular religion. He is saying he doesn't know. Being agnostic doesn't automatically rule out any religion.

The atheist is different. They claim their is no god but they can't know it so it too is a matter of faith. That apparently others them but the inconsistency is all on them.

Just want to point out that atheism is a religion, based on faith as much as any other.

Nobody on this Earth really knows. All we can do is try to make sense of things the best we can, using the measures we trust.

I trust the scientific method.
I wish we could talk at a round table and discuss this in person.. oh well...
I need to go soon....

A round table? Those are the worst! People get beheaded and stuff when they lack a religion... :)

But it's ok... we both want good things for humans and all life on the planet. We don't disagree on that. That's all that matters!
Now if we can get Isis AL queda the Taliban and boka raham on board. I don't like any story that isn't true but let's focus first on the most insane of all the stories.

dude, my avatar is a headless horseman... get it? :)

As far as your OP, I've already given my answer...random chance. Attempting to assign reason or meaning when we currently have no evidence to support such theories may be popular (I mean Zeus worked for explaining and giving reason to lightening for hundreds of years) but that doesn't make it any more true.
...which requires a HIGH degree of faith. Too much for most folks. You are a deeply faithful believer indeed. Dismissing other faiths doesn't change it.

no dismissing something because there is no evidence is not "faith". i know that theocrats like saying that. but the reality is that it is a LACK of faith.... no matter how many times you say otherwise doesn't change things.
You answered to a point that wasn't made. I said if one believes random chance created life then it was a matter of faith. I didn't say dismissing a religion is a matter of faith. Slow down when you read.

I get this might not necassarily belong in CDZ, but since I can't stand any of the other forums, this is where I'm posting it. I hope that this becomes a fun conversation

First question: How did chemicals from lifeless reactions, turn into life?

Second: How did the early simple, single cell prokaryotic forms of life that had reached their available energy threshold, jumped to a higher energy threshold and turn into a eukaryotic form. A much more complex cell, that becomes the building block for complex life.

Finally: How did the jump happen from standard animal intelligence to human consciousness? Sure there are some smart animals out there, but they do not hold a candle to human intelligence.
A frozen comit might have brought the first life. Or the mold and fungus that builds up when the conditions are right can turn into fish reptiles mammals then humans in a few million years. That's what seems to be true best we can tell with what we know now.

We know a lot more now than we did 1000 years ago.

As for how could Christianity and therefore the creation story be fake when so many believe? One only has to look at Utah to see how many can believe the unbelievable.

my head is worthy of beheading :)

I don't know who agreed with you on that, but you kinda look like a young Susan Sarandon in that pic... From the Rocky Horror days... :) Hi five!!

Just want to point out that atheism is a religion, based on faith as much as any other.

Nobody on this Earth really knows. All we can do is try to make sense of things the best we can, using the measures we trust.

I need to go soon....

A round table? Those are the worst! People get beheaded and stuff when they lack a religion... :)

But it's ok... we both want good things for humans and all life on the planet. We don't disagree on that. That's all that matters!
Now if we can get Isis AL queda the Taliban and boka raham on board. I don't like any story that isn't true but let's focus first on the most insane of all the stories.

I just don't believe there is a God. How's that a religion? Maybe there is I just don't think there is. Is that all it takes?

As far as your OP, I've already given my answer...random chance. Attempting to assign reason or meaning when we currently have no evidence to support such theories may be popular (I mean Zeus worked for explaining and giving reason to lightening for hundreds of years) but that doesn't make it any more true.
...which requires a HIGH degree of faith. Too much for most folks. You are a deeply faithful believer indeed. Dismissing other faiths doesn't change it.
When your stories require magical thinking we reject them as such

Athiests and agnostics are certainly not evil for not believing. And maybe there is an eternal creator who created and rules over the eternal cosmos but is not believing there is really the greatest of sins? Of course not. Only a religion would say it was.

This is what agnostics and athiests have in common. We both call bs on all religions. That's what an agnostic says to the Jesus Mohammad and moses stories. Not buying it. Other than that it's just a maybe
No, an agnostic may sit on the fence regarding a particular religion. He is saying he doesn't know. Being agnostic doesn't automatically rule out any religion.

The atheist is different. They claim their is no god but they can't know it so it too is a matter of faith. That apparently others them but the inconsistency is all on them.
That's why the most rational position is agnostic atheist.

You either believe Mary was a virgin or not. Agnostics go to hell with atheists.

no dismissing something because there is no evidence is not "faith". i know that theocrats like saying that. but the reality is that it is a LACK of faith.... no matter how many times you say otherwise doesn't change things.
You answered to a point that wasn't made. I said if one believes random chance created life then it was a matter of faith. I didn't say dismissing a religion is a matter of faith. Slow down when you read.
That's your conclusion but I'm not even sure it's true.

And even if it is, I have faith your magical stories aren't true. Yes, I agree. I have faith there are no angels devils or God. I have faith our ancestors were very primitive irrational superstitious people.

You have faith in ancient fables

I need to go soon....

I just don't believe there is a God. How's that a religion? Maybe there is I just don't think there is. Is that all it takes?

You said it perfectly. I feel the same way.

Doesn't make us "evil" or anything...

That's why the most rational position is agnostic atheist.

You either believe Mary was a virgin or not. Agnostics go to hell with atheists.
There's no such thing as a agnostic atheist. Someone made that up to feel better about their atheism. I've told you at least 20 times I'm not religious. It's simply too much for you to grasp.

That's your conclusion but I'm not even sure it's true.

And even if it is, I have faith your magical stories aren't true. Yes, I agree. I have faith there are no angels devils or God. I have faith our ancestors were very primitive irrational superstitious people.

You have faith in ancient fables
See above.

Can we finally get to the truth?

Humans were created by aliens... That's why we're having this argument... They weren't our gods, they were our masters. And we were their slaves.

That argument explains every subsequent development in human society and religion, and passes my test as the most rational explanation for the arguments presented in this thread.

jus sayin...

I get this might not necassarily belong in CDZ, but since I can't stand any of the other forums, this is where I'm posting it. I hope that this becomes a fun conversation

Second: How did the early simple, single cell prokaryotic forms of life that had reached their available energy threshold, jumped to a higher energy threshold and turn into a eukaryotic form. A much more complex cell, that becomes the building block for complex life.

Finally: How did the jump happen from standard animal intelligence to human consciousness? Sure there are some smart animals out there, but they do not hold a candle to human intelligence.

if this is yet another proselytizing thread, it probably belongs in the myriad of discussions in the religion section where people who believe certain things try to pretend they can convince people who do not believe in those things and have not asked to be preached to, that they *should* believe in those things.

all the while, substituting "faith" which has no evidence, for fact.

it's not that i don't respect your belief. t's that everyone believes they are correct in their beliefs or lack thereof.

hence the idea that you are right and everyone else is wrong has at its foundation an arrogance that is truly off-putting to anyone but those who share your belief set.
You do not know my belief set. I believe in evolution if your hinting that I believe in creationism. So why this reaction to 3 very big and still mysterious leaps in evolution, that evolutionary biologists debate all the time?

And no this does not belong under religion and ethics, it belongs under science!! That is what it is, stop dismissing what you don't like as religion, your as worse than 5000 year old earth people.

Last edited:

if this is yet another proselytizing thread, it probably belongs in the myriad of discussions in the religion section where people who believe certain things try to pretend they can convince people who do not believe in those things and have not asked to be preached to, that they *should* believe in those things.

all the while, substituting "faith" which has no evidence, for fact.

it's not that i don't respect your belief. t's that everyone believes they are correct in their beliefs or lack thereof.

hence the idea that you are right and everyone else is wrong has at its foundation an arrogance that is truly off-putting to anyone but those who share your belief set.
You do not know my belief set. I believe in evolution if your hinting that I believe in creationism. So why this reaction to 3 very big and still mysterious leaps in evolution, that evolutionary biologists debate all the time?

And no this does not belong under religion and ethics, it belongs under science!! That is what it is, stop dismissing what you don't like as religion, your as worse than 5000 year old earth people.

First: DNA is a chemical. It can be broken down to its individual atoms. Given enough chance, those atoms will assemble in the proper combination in a primitive form, and the molecule will begin to self-replicate. Given the almost infinite chances of it happening, it's almost a certainty to happen. And in multiple ways. There are life forms on this planet that did not come from our "genesis".

Second: There was no "jump". You're just failing to see the evolutionary increments that led to that development. Change happens so slowly that it is not noticeable until a species can't reproduce with its prior species, and has to mate with its brothers and sisters, or Mom and Dad. Incest is a huge part of how evolution works...

"Finally": Are you serious? :)

Mmmmmkay. The aliems didit. Case closed!

Yep. And your theory is...?
Intelligent alien life in close enough proximity to us is made increasingly rare by the second question I posed. How does the simple prokaryotic cell who has reached its energy threshold gain the ability to become more complex, which requires more energy, to attain more energy you need to become more complex, to become more complex you need to attain more energy, and so on and so forth. It's a jump so rare, that it has only happened once on earth. Will we find other life out there, hopefully, but chances are it will be quite boring prokaryotic cells. Is there intelligent life out there, probably, but also probably very rare and far apart. So that does not become the simplest answer as of now. I think you want to believe too much there agent mulder.

My question to you is ok, so aliens manipulated genetic code over millions and millions of years to give us the much needed boosts in evolution. What gave those aliens that boost? Other aliens? Do you see where I am going with this?

Forum List

Back