Three Things Colleges Don't Want Us to Know

Tell me more about how many books you have! Did you count them again for this thread? Better make sure you have more books than the other kids so you can talk about it on the playground.

:rolleyes:

I happen to be very proud of my library. I spent time reading and cataloging

So you can boast about how many books you own in your little 'library'? :rolleyes: Maybe someday when you're a big boy you'll have even more to count! Won't that be fun?

While it's nice that you are working on your counting skills, it's too bad you haven't spent any time getting an actual education.

Anyone and I mean anyone of average intelligence can be a self made scholar.

The fact that you keep (desperately) hoping that anyone will believe you just goes to show that you are in fact of below average intelligence and an insecure, uneducated little dope.

Odd. Here I am, nearly 70 and once again attending college. And I find real learning to be had there. Of course, one has to have the desire to learn.

At the university level, one's education is up to the individual. According to all that I know about conservative ideals, that is the way it should be. The professors and textbooks are there to give you direction and guidence. But if you are not willing to put in the time to study, and do individual research on the subjects, then the failure is on you, not the school or professors.

Are you paying for your own classes or is this some sort of program to help seniors? When I was in college they allowed seniors to take college classes for free as long as there was room in the class. I met some great people that way and I'm hoping I get the same opportunity when I'm a senior and I'm almost there now.

Paying for my classes. Packing the full load myself, at present. Since I am working toward finishing a degree I started over 40 years ago, I am taking the classes for credit. Also working 40 to 45 hours a week as a millwright in a steel mill. If I retire, then I may apply for some help with the costs. Untill then, hard to justify requesting any help when I am earning an upple middle income.

Now I happen to agree with Skull on the fact you can aquire a significant amount of education on your own. However, I have also found that learning that way often leaves you with significant holes in your education, plus the interplay of speaking to others concerning the present paradigns in any field can lead to insights that one misses otherwise.

Odd. Here I am, nearly 70 and once again attending college. And I find real learning to be had there. Of course, one has to have the desire to learn.

At the university level, one's education is up to the individual. According to all that I know about conservative ideals, that is the way it should be. The professors and textbooks are there to give you direction and guidence. But if you are not willing to put in the time to study, and do individual research on the subjects, then the failure is on you, not the school or professors.

Are you paying for your own classes or is this some sort of program to help seniors? When I was in college they allowed seniors to take college classes for free as long as there was room in the class. I met some great people that way and I'm hoping I get the same opportunity when I'm a senior and I'm almost there now.

Paying for my classes. Packing the full load myself, at present. Since I am working toward finishing a degree I started over 40 years ago, I am taking the classes for credit. Also working 40 to 45 hours a week as a millwright in a steel mill. If I retire, then I may apply for some help with the costs. Untill then, hard to justify requesting any help when I am earning an upple middle income.

Now I happen to agree with Skull on the fact you can aquire a significant amount of education on your own. However, I have also found that learning that way often leaves you with significant holes in your education, plus the interplay of speaking to others concerning the present paradigns in any field can lead to insights that one misses otherwise.

And unfortunately in the modern world employers want to see that piece of paper, no matter how much you learned without going to college.

Forum List

Back