Three main times when a government should NOT cut taxes

No one likes to pay taxes, and no one should dispute the good results that paying taxes yields for us as individuals and for our society.

Yet, there are THREE times when taxes should not be cut.....

First, you don't cut taxes when engaged in 2 costly, unpaid for wars

Second, you don't cut taxes when spending is not also cut, forcing humongous borrowing .....and

Third, you don't cut taxes when the economy is flourishing, unemployment is very low, and businesses are thriving.

Trump's policies have broken ALL three of these tenets......and, as economists will readily tell you, "overheated" our economy and will cause higher government debt and drive our markets downward .

No kidding, "economy is flourishing, unemployment is very low, and businesses are thriving"...you're making progress.

As Trumpā€™s beloved booming stock market (the one ā€œnobody ever talks aboutā€) is tanking. Nice work Republicans!

No one likes to pay taxes, and no one should dispute the good results that paying taxes yields for us as individuals and for our society.

Second, you don't cut taxes when spending is not also cut, forcing humongous borrowing .....and

Third, you don't cut taxes when the economy is flourishing, unemployment is very low, and businesses are thriving.

Trump's policies have broken ALL three of these tenets......and, as economists will readily tell you, "overheated" our economy and will cause higher government debt and drive our markets downward .

No kidding, "economy is flourishing, unemployment is very low, and businesses are thriving"...you're making progress.

As Trumpā€™s beloved booming stock market (the one ā€œnobody ever talks aboutā€) is tanking. Nice work Republicans!

What?! A few days ago it was Obama's market...WTF.

If our reality show POTUS had a lick of sense heā€™d have started with infrastructure. Instead, we got another couple trillion in deficit spending on things we didnā€™t need.

Do Republicans care? Nope, they only care about their beloved tax cuts for multi-millionaires & Fortune 1000 corporations the booming economy be damned.

As Dirty Dick Cheney reminded us: Deficits donā€™t matter ... unless thereā€™s a Dem in the White House.

heā€™d have started with infrastructure.

He did the wall
Donaldā€™s stupid wall that a small minority want in NOT infrastructure.

If our reality show POTUS had a lick of sense heā€™d have started with infrastructure. Instead, we got another couple trillion in deficit spending on things we didnā€™t need.

Do Republicans care? Nope, they only care about their beloved tax cuts for multi-millionaires & Fortune 1000 corporations the booming economy be damned.

As Dirty Dick Cheney reminded us: Deficits donā€™t matter ... unless thereā€™s a Dem in the White House.

He did the wall

Of course it is ...damn do you even know what the definition means?

inĀ·fraĀ·strucĀ·ture
ĖˆinfrəĖŒstrək(t)SHər/
noun
  1. the basic physical and organizational structures and facilities (e.g., buildings, roads, and power supplies) needed for the operation of a society or enterprise.

He did the wall

inĀ·fraĀ·strucĀ·ture
ĖˆinfrəĖŒstrək(t)SHər/
noun
  1. the basic physical and organizational structures and facilities (e.g., buildings, roads, and power supplies) needed for the operation of a society or enterprise.
Got it- A stupid wall is either a building, road or power supply. Who knew?

The right wing is worthless. We wouldn't need income taxes if they simply abolish the wasteful spending of our alleged, wars on crime, drugs, and terror.
The right wing is worthless
you are right,but so is the left wing....

He did the wall

inĀ·fraĀ·strucĀ·ture
ĖˆinfrəĖŒstrək(t)SHər/
noun

Of course it is, it keeps barbians from trespassing .

He did the wall

inĀ·fraĀ·strucĀ·ture
ĖˆinfrəĖŒstrək(t)SHər/
noun

Another swing & miss by my furry friend!

Infrastructure would be roads, bridges, electrical grids, quality fresh water delivery, sewage systems, airports, alternative energy, subways, rail systems (bad obviously) & other public transportation issues.

Trumpā€™s stupid wall is unrelated to any of those things.

Itā€™s an ego trip by a very insecure and xenophobic game show host which accomplishes nothing.

He did the wall

inĀ·fraĀ·strucĀ·ture
ĖˆinfrəĖŒstrək(t)SHər/
noun

Infrastructure would be roads, bridges, electrical grids, quality fresh water delivery, sewage systems, airports, alternative energy, subways, rail systems (bad obviously) & other public transportation issues.

Itā€™s an ego trip by a very insecure and xenophobic game show host which accomplishes nothing.

B.S. infrastructure is about about building something to improve the quality of life.

He did the wall

inĀ·fraĀ·strucĀ·ture
ĖˆinfrəĖŒstrək(t)SHər/
noun

I think the definition of infrastructure depends on what you're infrastructur-ing. If you're working on a fascist state, I'd say a wall qualifies.

inĀ·fraĀ·strucĀ·ture
ĖˆinfrəĖŒstrək(t)SHər/
noun

B.S. infrastructure is about about building something to improve the quality of life.
Q: What horrible thing has an illegal from Mexico ever done to you?
A: Likely Nothing

A nice Mexican Lady in San Diego who spoke very little English and is likely undocumented doing a job no US citizen would do, just made up by room beautifully. Extra coffee, extra towels and she did the dishes in my kitchenette.

I tipped her - which makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up ā€”Amiright? :D

inĀ·fraĀ·strucĀ·ture
ĖˆinfrəĖŒstrək(t)SHər/
noun

I think the definition of infrastructure depends on what you're infrastructur-ing. If you're working on a fascist state, I'd say a wall qualifies.
Yep, Donald is working overtime on that one :)

Why did we ever do it before?

lousy management?

Why did we ever do it before?

Republicans ALWAYS run on cutting taxes and increasing spending for the military.
Spend and finance is all they know how to do.

Taxes should never be cut unless spending cuts match the tax cuts.
don't forget to add to that and a republican is president.

When Obama cut taxes and increased spending that was OK with you hacks.

What would that have to do with whether the position itself is right or wrong.

Do you support cutting taxes AND increasing spending, or not even cutting spending to match the tax cuts?

It doesn't matter what you or I or anyone else supports because the assholes in Congress do not give a shit what you I or anyone else wants.

So I really don't care about anything the government does as long as I get to keep as much of my own money as I possibly can because IMO it's beyond stupid to think that the morons in DC can be more responsible with my money than I can.

Borrow spend shut down I just don't care anymore as long as I get to keep more of my own money.

inĀ·fraĀ·strucĀ·ture
ĖˆinfrəĖŒstrək(t)SHər/
noun

A: Likely Nothing

A nice Mexican Lady in San Diego who spoke very little English and is likely undocumented doing a job no US citizen would do, just made up by room beautifully. Extra coffee, extra towels and she did the dishes in my kitchenette.

I tipped her - which makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up ā€”Amiright? :D

1. Lower wages ...I want to make $20 bucks an hour picking apples ( a nice easy job)

2. Paying for their ER baby's

3. Paying for them being thrown in jail....ect..ect...

Well anyway partisans want to cut this (and I'm an HWBush republican so I'm hardly non-partisan) the gop passed a gop only tax cut with the premise that it would reduce the debt/gdp ratio. It now stands just south of 110%. Y'all can bitch and moan over which party is worse or better, or whether Obama inherited the mother of all recessions (which he did) and the effect thereof (which is debateable). But the GOP said a gop only tax cut was gonna make it better. They bought it and they own. And if it doesn't get better, we're not going to able to deficit spend ourselves out of the next recession.

inĀ·fraĀ·strucĀ·ture
ĖˆinfrəĖŒstrək(t)SHər/
noun

Out-worked me for less money. :mad-61:

Forum List

Back