National Debt Under Trump vs. Other Modern Presidents

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Just FYI, here is the percentage by which each modern president has increased or decreased the national debt, starting with President Trump:

Trump: 4%

Obama: 68%

Bush Jr.: 101%

Clinton: 32%

Bush Sr.: 54%

Reagan: 186%

Carter: 43%

Ford: 47%

Nixon: 34%

Johnson: 13%

Kennedy: 8%

Eisenhower: 9%

Truman: 3%

Roosevelt: 1,048%

Hoover: 33%

Coolidge: -33% (33% decrease)

Harding: -7% (7% decrease)

Wilson: 727%

Sources:

Which President Added Most to the U.S. Debt?

National debt grew more slowly in FY 2017 under Trump

Just FYI, here is the percentage by which each modern president has increased or decreased the national debt, starting with President Trump:

Sources:

Seems a little early to cheer for Trump since his "count" didn't start till Oct 1.

Sources:

Seems a little early to cheer for Trump since his "count" didn't start till Oct 1.
He's trying to make the hypocritical GOP fiscal legislation look good..

Sources:

The real story is debt/deficit percentage to GNP...

Last edited:

Sources:

And really sucking at it!

It is interesting that if one goes back 50 years (so modern political history) the party known as spenders has added a total of 156% to the debt, while the "conservative" party has added 422%.

As someone pointed out, Trump contribution to the national debt only started 5 months ago, as oppose to 4 or 8 years for the rest.

But what really bothers me is this idea that whomever raised the debt the least wins. No. That is absolutely unacceptable. No Debt is acceptable.

Pay it down. Pay back Social Security.

As someone pointed out, Trump contribution to the national debt only started 5 months ago, as oppose to 4 or 8 years for the rest.

But what really bothers me is this idea that whomever raised the debt the least wins. No. That is absolutely unacceptable. No Debt is acceptable.

Pay it down. Pay back Social Security.

Paying down the debt will never happen. The last president to do so was also the last Conservative president we have had. I have given up on that pipe dream.

Sources:

if it's that easy why didn't obama do it?

the constant spitting on anything good about trump gets old. i just find it funny all the obama fans (not you necessarily) got all upset at the bullshit flung at obama and said it wasn't fair yet they do the same thing cause it was done to them.

most parents teach their kids not to do that somewhere around the 4th grade yet here we are living our identity politics and doing just that. revenge. MUST HAVE REVENGE!!

Sources:

the constant spitting on anything good about trump gets old. i just find it funny all the obama fans (not you necessarily) got all upset at the bullshit flung at obama and said it wasn't fair yet they do the same thing cause it was done to them.

most parents teach their kids not to do that somewhere around the 4th grade yet here we are living our identity politics and doing just that. revenge. MUST HAVE REVENGE!!
I didn't like what Oblama did either or Congress, and trying to run from the present into the past is not responsible..

Sources:

I didn't like what Oblama did either or Congress, and trying to run from the present into the past is not responsible..
not much of what either side has been doing in the last few elections has been responsible.

Sources:

"i just find it funny all the obama fans (not you necessarily) got all upset at the bullshit flung at obama and said it wasn't fair yet they do the same thing cause it was done to them."
I think this is hilarious. After 8 years of slamming Obama, in some of the crudest ways ever, the republicans why crying about how Trump is treated? Really?

Sources:

not much of what either side has been doing in the last few elections has been responsible.
True.....

Sources:

/----/ Funny how Libtards magically are now able to dig deep into the numbers when a Republican is president. When it's a democRAT president they can't see past the headlines.
Meathead.jpg

Sources:

/----/ Funny how Libtards magically are now able to dig deep into the numbers when a Republican is president. When it's a democRAT president they can't see past the headlines.
View attachment 175733
If one reads the issue regularly it not such a phenomena...

Sources:

View attachment 175733

Don't be ridiculous. The only time EITHER party is worried about the national debt is when the other party is in the Oval Office.

Sources:

Fake news.

Sources:

You must be joking. You CANNOT believe that Trump is fiscally responsible. You can't.

Last edited:

Sources:

"i just find it funny all the obama fans (not you necessarily) got all upset at the bullshit flung at obama and said it wasn't fair yet they do the same thing cause it was done to them."
I think this is hilarious. After 8 years of slamming Obama, in some of the crudest ways ever, the republicans why crying about how Trump is treated? Really?
they are not - i am. you're taking what i am saying and making a strawman out of it. and when i say REVENGE then it must follow to reason that the other side did it also. we've been at each other like this for so long no one remembers "who started it" so we keep starting it over and over and over.

if you have issue with what i say - talk to *me* about it. going after all republicans in some generic rant isn't really a good response.

Forum List

Back