Thoughts & Prayers

May I chime in??
Not if you're going to say stupid shit like you just did.

Those are pretty bold words coming from a bunch of wusses who let the DNC dictate to them who their nominee would be by rigging their primaries, engaging in election fraud, and cheating during debates.

It's even bolder words from a party that let a short, squat, old, scandal-plagued, sexual deviant-enabling, career-long corrupt, criminal - who was under multiple FBI investigations for crimes she DID commit - has-been push them around and force them to GIVE her the nomination because 'It was her turn'.

:p
Perhaps this is more to your liking?
perhaps you can explain why states with tighter laws have lower gun violence rates. But probably not.

perhaps you can explain why states with tighter laws have lower gun violence rates. But probably not.

I did research on that this morning...and I found just what I expected. There are links, studies, reports, columns, opinions, etc that argue both ways, that more guns leads to more violence and that more weapons reduces crime.

Polls, studies, etc can be manipulated to give whatever results you want; however, tough gun regulation does not make for safer cities.

Take Chicago, for example:

Check out the gun laws in Illinois:

Gun laws in Illinois - Wikipedia

Chicago has some extremely strict gun laws, yet is one of the top cities for gun violence in the nation. I posted stats and a link this morning that during 1 recent study Chicago's gun violence accounted for 11% of all the gun violence in the entire US.

The gun cult, Congressional Republicans, the NRA, gun manufacturers, are not moved by deaths. They'll watch the next mass murder and the one after that and so on in perpetuity and will forever put money and votes above lives. It isn't them being killed it is someone else, and they could not give a shit. Their only prayers are for more people to buy guns to protect themselves from all the people that have bought guns.

And these same people will claim to be Christians. A religion of 'peace'.

I did research on that this morning...and I found just what I expected. There are links, studies, reports, columns, opinions, etc that argue both ways, that more guns leads to more violence and that more weapons reduces crime.

Polls, studies, etc can be manipulated to give whatever results you want; however, tough gun regulation does not make for safer cities.

Take Chicago, for example:

Check out the gun laws in Illinois:

Gun laws in Illinois - Wikipedia

Chicago has some extremely strict gun laws, yet is one of the top cities for gun violence in the nation. I posted stats and a link this morning that during 1 recent study Chicago's gun violence accounted for 11% of all the gun violence in the entire US.
About those rates of violent gun crime. Why are the states with the most lax laws the same ones that have the highest rates?

The gun cult, Congressional Republicans, the NRA, gun manufacturers, are not moved by deaths. They'll watch the next mass murder and the one after that and so on in perpetuity and will forever put money and votes above lives. It isn't them being killed it is someone else, and they could not give a shit. Their only prayers are for more people to buy guns to protect themselves from all the people that have bought guns.

It's sad and tragic that these things happen and that there are crazy people in the world, but that does not justify taking away OR even limiting one of my constitutional rights. Has absolutely NOTHING to do with me.

Such is the price of freedom. Freedom does not equal security. Are you willing to give up freedom for your security? Do you trust your government to protect you from all the bad things?

If you took all the weapons away from law-abiding citizens in this country CRIMINALS would still have them. They can always find a way to get them.

and THAT, my friend, would make it a hell of a lot easier to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Why do you and your ilk REPEATEDLY make the moronic assumption that we are trying to take ALL weapons from you??? We are NOT......

May I chime in??
Not if you're going to say stupid shit like you just did.

Those are pretty bold words coming from a bunch of wusses who let the DNC dictate to them who their nominee would be by rigging their primaries, engaging in election fraud, and cheating during debates.

It's even bolder words from a party that let a short, squat, old, scandal-plagued, sexual deviant-enabling, career-long corrupt, criminal - who was under multiple FBI investigations for crimes she DID commit - has-been push them around and force them to GIVE her the nomination because 'It was her turn'.

As a counterexample, explain Chicago!

If you took all the weapons away from law-abiding citizens in this country CRIMINALS would still have them. They can always find a way to get them.

and THAT, my friend, would make it a hell of a lot easier to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Why do you and your ilk REPEATEDLY make the moronic assumption that we are trying to take ALL weapons from you??? We are NOT......

Don't ever trust them when they tell you this.

It's sad and tragic that these things happen and that there are crazy people in the world, but that does not justify taking away OR even limiting one of my constitutional rights. Has absolutely NOTHING to do with me.
what constitutional right is anyone trying to take from you?

Nat, you seem to like asking questions about stats / find stats interesting. Here are some for you:

1. Why does America Own Nearly Half The World’s Civilian Guns ... but Only A Third Of American Households Actually Own Guns?

2. GUN OWNERS ARE PRETTY SENSIBLE & STATISTICALLY MORE OPEN TO BACKGROUND CHECKS THAN NON-GUN OWNERS:

Over 85 percent of gun owners support background checks for all gun sales, compared to 83 percent of non–gun owners. The vast majority also support five-day waiting periods for handgun sales and gun bans for those who are mentally ill.

Yet you have no problem with lawn darts or three wheel motorcycles being outlawed. The right has just the phoniest meme arguments that have just grown old and stale.

Instead of flapping your lips to do nothing more that attack others like some on-line troll, let's hear them. PUT UP, or, as they say....

I started another thread naming the leading company (in Abilene Texas) that makes bump stocks and called for them to share in the liability for the carnage.

First of all, even semi automatic,should be banned since the conversion to fully automatic has turned out to be a fucking joke in making semi-automatic a military weapon for war.....

Second, have a buy-back program for both semi automatics and these bump stocks and make the holding out of such weapons a felony.
But, why don't you just say what you really want. C'mon. You can admit it. We already know what your real goal is. Just admit it.

I respected Bernie Sanders a lot more than most of the other candidates in any of the parties because he was brave enough to be honest about his political objective. He was straight with us about being a commie. I respect that.

I could never vote for him, because his policies are complete shit, but he at least had my respect. You should do the same.

Yet ANOTHER right wing moron chimes in that "lefties want ALL our guns..."
NO ONE ever stated that.....we are talking about banning WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION......and if you nitwits do NOT think that military style weapons are not WMDs.....just ask how many casualties there were in LV in a period of TEN FUCKING MINUTES.

If Liberals really wanted to end gun violence and get them out of the hands of criminals, Obama would not have given THOUSANDS of automatic weapons and grenades to Mexican Drug Cartels ... or to the Muslim Brotherhood ... or to Al Qaeda ... or to ISIS ...

Yet you have no problem with lawn darts or three wheel motorcycles being outlawed. The right has just the phoniest meme arguments that have just grown old and stale.
Funny, I have never heard Chris say that. Hey Chris, do you want to ban lawn darts and 3 wheelers? Did I miss that?

Such is the price of freedom. Freedom does not equal security. Are you willing to give up freedom for your security? Do you trust your government to protect you from all the bad things?
just get me a little more protection from crazy people

Instead of flapping your lips to do nothing more that attack others like some on-line troll, let's hear them. PUT UP, or, as they say....

I started another thread naming the leading company (in Abilene Texas) that makes bump stocks and called for them to share in the liability for the carnage.

First of all, even semi automatic,should be banned since the conversion to fully automatic has turned out to be a fucking joke in making semi-automatic a military weapon for war.....

Second, have a buy-back program for both semi automatics and these bump stocks and make the holding out of such weapons a felony.
But, why don't you just say what you really want. C'mon. You can admit it. We already know what your real goal is. Just admit it.

I respected Bernie Sanders a lot more than most of the other candidates in any of the parties because he was brave enough to be honest about his political objective. He was straight with us about being a commie. I respect that.

I could never vote for him, because his policies are complete shit, but he at least had my respect. You should do the same.

Yet ANOTHER right wing moron chimes in that "lefties want ALL our guns..."
NO ONE ever stated that.....we are talking about banning WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION......and if you nitwits do NOT think that military style weapons are not WMDs.....just ask how many casualties there were in LV in a period of TEN FUCKING MINUTES.

".just ask how many casualties there were in LV in a period of TEN FUCKING MINUTES."

They don't care, at all. The gun cult has these people so mind-fucked they see no difference, and you can see it because they say it themselves, between a fully automatic machine gun and a pistol, or even a knife. "But they are all just inanimate objects". Yeah so is a nuclear weapon, why are those not legal to own.

Forum List

Back