Those who don’t vote for the duopoly tell us to ‘be principled’….don’t they also tell conservatives to make concessions in the ‘culture war’?

No president is perfect

The world was in the grip of panic over the Wuflu and I bet you would have done the same thing

If I was a life long democrat, then yeah, I probably would've done the same as Trump. If Hillary has won in 2016, and did the same exact thing as Trump did, you wouldn't give her a pass on it. So why do you give Trump one?

Because he owns you and your loyalty, to the point that you'll over look all this spending, his assault on our 2A, his covid mandates, his reauthorizations of unconstitutional acts that give the deep state the power to be the deep state.
You'll ignore all of that just to defend a life long north eastern liberal who only identifies as a Republican.

If I was a life long democrat, then yeah, I probably would've done the same as Trump. If Hillary has won in 2016, and did the same exact thing as Trump did, you wouldn't give her a pass on it. So why do you give Trump one?

Because he owns you and your loyalty, to the point that you'll over look all this spending, his assault on our 2A, his covid mandates, his reauthorizations of unconstitutional acts that give the deep state the power to be the deep state.
You'll ignore all of that just to defend a life long north eastern liberal who only identifies as a Republican.
I dont think you would have pulled a modern Calvin Coolidge and done nothing

At least not during the first couple of months

So “don’t vote for anyone less than perfect” but make concessions so you can vote with those you don’t agree with….isn’t that the message from fence-sitters?
Have you ever seen an Independent/fence-sitter ask liberals to make concessions with conservatives?
All we have ever seen are conservatives yammer on and on ad nauseum about their limited government aspirations and the importance of controlling spending only to continue to grow the size and scope of government and spending. Their hypocrisy is as unlimited as their avariciousness. So spare me the bullshit.

I dont think you would have pulled a modern Calvin Coolidge and done nothing

At least not during the first couple of months

You nor I can say what I would've done. Because it's all hindsight now. One thing I did object to was all the money that was sent out to anyone/anything other than citizens.

What Trump and then Biden did was the equivalent to what Biden did to how on Maui. (Sent them one little ole $700 check) While companies, bankers and their friends got millions.
There was no check and balances put into that money, because there wasn't supposed to. Hundreds of billions in PPE loans, that don't have to be repaid? Money going to scammers in the hundreds of billions who said they were providing food for children.
All of that and more should've been safe guarded against before Trump ever signed the first covid spending bill. But I'm sure some of his buddies and Pelosi's buddies got plenty of it.

All we have ever seen are conservatives yammer on and on ad nauseum about their limited government aspirations and the importance of controlling spending only to continue to grow the size and scope of government and spending. Their hypocrisy is as unlimited as their avariciousness. So spare me the bullshit.

There are still some actual conservatives in DC. But not enough to make a dent in the RINO's. I had high hopes for the LP in 2010. But they, IMO, were infiltrated by the left. Like the 2007 Tea Party was infiltrated by the big spending, big government Republicans.

You nor I can say what I would've done. Because it's all hindsight now. One thing I did object to was all the money that was sent out to anyone/anything other than citizens.

What Trump and then Biden did was the equivalent to what Biden did to how on Maui. (Sent them one little ole $700 check) While companies, bankers and their friends got millions.
There was no check and balances put into that money, because there wasn't supposed to. Hundreds of billions in PPE loans, that don't have to be repaid? Money going to scammers in the hundreds of billions who said they were providing food for children.
All of that and more should've been safe guarded against before Trump ever signed the first covid spending bill. But I'm sure some of his buddies and Pelosi's buddies got plenty of it.
What would you have done?

I will never again vote for a multi rich person to run the show. They are I terested in a lower wage work force for the elites. That's gotta stop

You globalists have begged needy Mexicans to invade our nation…they can’t be sold on fiscal responsibility and they need an expansive government…You are to blame.

YoursTruly

What would you have done?

I would've vetoed the covid spending bills that 100% of it didn't go straight to the citizens. If the house wanted to override that veto, then fine. That's the constitutional thing to do. But I would've made damn sure the American people knew that the House and Senate were screwing them, BIG TIME.
And I would've urged governors to keep their schools and businesses open to keep the economy going.

And I damn sure wouldn't have called the covid shot the greatest medical miracle of all time. And I wouldn't have forced the American tax payer to pay for the research, development and logistics. And I wouldn't have doled it out to the citizens free of charge. (nothing is free). It was nothing more than a overly embellished flu shot. Not the greatest medical miracle.

I can say that now, and it's not in hindsight, because that's the way I was thinking when the covid checks and the shot was announced.
I'm a fiscal conservative who doesn't trust anything the government or the president says. Any of them. Trump, Biden etc etc . So when they start trying to "sell" me something, my first thought is "Where's the lie. And how much is it going to cost me?"

Trump sold the country a god damn lie with that covid crap. He's the one that put Fauci into his position. And he's the one who went right along with everything Fauci was saying, until it became unpopular to say.
Have you noticed he don't brag about his "greatest medical miracle" now? And he damn sure don't remind people how much debt was created by this fictitious vaccine.

I would've vetoed the covid spending bills that 100% of it didn't go straight to the citizens. If the house wanted to override that veto, then fine. That's the constitutional thing to do. But I would've made damn sure the American people knew that the House and Senate were screwing them, BIG TIME.
And I would've urged governors to keep their schools and businesses open to keep the economy going.

And I damn sure wouldn't have called the covid shot the greatest medical miracle of all time. And I wouldn't have forced the American tax payer to pay for the research, development and logistics. And I wouldn't have doled it out to the citizens free of charge. (nothing is free). It was nothing more than a overly embellished flu shot. Not the greatest medical miracle.

I can say that now, and it's not in hindsight, because that's the way I was thinking when the covid checks and the shot was announced.
I'm a fiscal conservative who doesn't trust anything the government or the president says. Any of them. Trump, Biden etc etc . So when they start trying to "sell" me something, my first thought is "Where's the lie. And how much is it going to cost me?"

Trump sold the country a god damn lie with that covid crap. He's the one that put Fauci into his position. And he's the one who went right along with everything Fauci was saying, until it became unpopular to say.
Have you noticed he don't brag about his "greatest medical miracle" now? And he damn sure don't remind people how much debt was created by this fictitious vaccine.
Your hindsight is 20/20

But those questions were not so obvious at the time

The guy from the gang that can’t shoot straight misses again.
The primary common deniminator among the “I won’t vote for the duopoly” meglamaniacs is globalism….they all tend to be the ‘live and let live’ super hippy type who firmly stand against the idea of REAL soverignty.
Republicans have lost Mexifornia, NV, AZ, NM and much of Texas…..free shit begging Mexicans have handed those states to free shit promising father government coddling Democrats…do you really think Republicans can win those states back by spending less and reducing the scope of government?
Look, we aren’t moral, white, ambitious, self-sufficient America anymore, we are comprised of millions who can’t give two-fucks about our founding documents and principles….we all know this was by design. The great experiment has failed big-time and there’s no coming back….thank a globalist.

YoursTruly
dblack
Golfing Gator
pknopp

The primary common deniminator among the “I won’t vote for the duopoly” meglamaniacs is globalism….they all tend to be the ‘live and let live’ super hippy type who firmly stand against the idea of REAL soverignty.

Live and let live is not really tied to globalism at all. The two have no connection at all. You are really not a very bright person.

Look, we aren’t moral, white, ambitious, self-sufficient America anymore, we are comprised of millions who can’t give two-fucks about our founding documents and principles

This from the guy that wants the Govt to become even more authoritarian than it is now just to make everyone look and act like you.

Can you tell us what it is like to live life without any sense of irony?

Republicans have lost Mexifornia, NV, AZ, NM and much of Texas…..free shit begging Mexicans have handed those states to free shit promising father government coddling Democrats…do you really think Republicans can win those states back by spending less and reducing the scope of government?
Look, we aren’t moral, white, ambitious, self-sufficient America anymore, we are comprised of millions who can’t give two-fucks about our founding documents and principles….we all know this was by design. The great experiment has failed big-time and there’s no coming back….thank a globalist.

YoursTruly
dblack
Golfing Gator
pknopp
I am a little (very little) curious about what you hope to achieve with this trolling. If there really were only two choices, I'd almost certainly do the opposite of whatever you do. If you really want to convince me to vote for Trump, you should probably find a different spokesperson. Cowardly, racist twats aren't compelling.

Live and let live is not really tied to globalism at all. The two have no connection at all. You are really not a very bright person.

This from the guy that wants the Govt to become even more authoritarian than it is now just to make everyone look and act like you.

Can you tell us what it is like to live life without any sense of irony?
1700580023656.png

Forget it, he's rolling.

YoursTruly
dblack
Golfing Gator
pknopp
So just keep caving to the left is your solution? That's how we got into this mess to start with. And with the help of CINO's, as you point out. Trump, McConnell and every CINO in the house and Senate since Reagan.
You're 100% correct in your assessment about CINO's.
But to think that caving to the left is the answer, you're wrong.
The GOP needs some fiscal and constitutional conservative competition. That's a fact. Enough people who can articulate conservatism and thoroughly explain the difference between conservatism and Republicanism. And the advantages of returning to fiscal and constitutional conservatism.
CINO's exist because they can get elected. And they can get RNC campaign funding. Almost all of them run their campaigns on conservatism. They just never follow through, once elected.

Globalism? I'm all for it, to an extent. Nationalism? I'm all for that too. FC's can & do support both.
Take care of the the US first. Especially the USD and it's value. But do so by trading with all willing nations. This allows for US companies to profit from foreign companies and countries.

Our founding principles are just talking points now a days. Used for stump speeches. When people start preaching about our founders and the way things were back then, they can't explain how we return to those days, economically, without shoving the country into a deep depression and destroying the USD.
But one thing this government could do is to stop spending beyond it's means. Something the founders did and would work today. The basics of the founders idea's will never die, unless the right keeps caving to the left.

So “don’t vote for anyone less than perfect” but make concessions so you can vote with those you don’t agree with….isn’t that the message from fence-sitters?
Have you ever seen an Independent/fence-sitter ask liberals to make concessions with conservatives?
There aren't any conservatives any more. They've all been run out of town by Trump's quislings.

Let me know when you think you see any, and I'll show you how they backed Trump's massive overspending and far left protectionist tariffs.

It's always a tough call as there is no such thing as the 'perfect' candidate. And if we are independent thinkers at all, there is no candidate that we will agree with on every issue.

To me 'compromise' is just another word for common sense. It is common sense to know that whoever we vote for in the primary is going to have some trait or policy position or character issue that is less than optimum because all will be human, all will have fallen short, all will have sinned, all will be wrong about something.

But it also common sense to vote for the person with the vision closest to that we can share and who is most likely to have the instincts, skill set, track record, ability, courage to accomplish it.

That eliminates any Democrat they are likely to put up there.

And most importantly it is common sense to vote for somebody who isn't a Democrat who can win

That eliminates any candidate who isn't running as a Republican.

So for sure everybody with common sense promote the candidate they want in the primaries, but please do it without trashing the other candidates.

And in the general election, if we all do not join together to elect the people's choice for the Republican nominee, we are 100% casting a vote for four more years of a disastrous and anti-American Democrat regime.

Forum List

Back