This TV commercial couldn’t be made today

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Remember when a woman thought it was a proud accomplishment to work and come home and take care of her man? Can’t have that anymore.

Feminazis won, and now they are pissed that all they can find are soy-boys.

OIP_jpeg-3024673.JPG

Oh, this MasterCard parody commercial came-up in my feed.....But I doubt it would fly these days as parody either. ;)

Remember when a woman thought it was a proud accomplishment to work and come home and take care of her man? Can’t have that anymore.

OIP_jpeg-3024673.JPG

Oh, this MasterCard parody commercial came-up in my feed.....But I doubt it would fly these days as parody either. ;)

The Enjoli thing is real. I think the Mastercard thing was SNL.

Remember when a shoe salesman could own a home and support a wife and 2 kids?

married-with-children-cast.jpg

They may not have had much money, but they were making it.
Wasn’t a huge point of the show that their house was shit and they were always poor and miserable?

Al was always implying Peg should get off her ass and get a job to help out.

Wasn’t a huge point of the show that their house was shit and they were always poor and miserable?

Al was always implying Peg should get off her ass and get a job to help out.
Yes. But it was a shoe salesman with a wife and 2 kids. :D

If a woman is the one working and bringing home the bacon, why should she be doing all the cooking and housework as well?

What the hell is the man doing in this scenario?

Yes. But it was a shoe salesman with a wife and 2 kids. :D
I doubt a salesclerk at a mall shoe store could ever support a wife and two kids and own a house

You’re all pining for something that never existed

Plus, wasn’t it implied Al was at least the general manager?

(I know Gary was the owner, but Al was like the only one there until that black guy started working there toward the end)

Plus, wasn’t it implied Al was at least the general manager?

(I know Gary was the owner, but Al was like the only one there until that black guy started working there toward the end)
You're really going deep into this. :oops:

OIP_jpeg-3024673.JPG

Hey! That's uhh..Lindsey..something..

Lindsey Wagner! I think..

If a woman is the one working and bringing home the bacon, why should she be doing all the cooking and housework as well?

What the hell is the man doing in this scenario?
Didn't you hear the part where he said he was going to cook for the kids? The idea there was freedom and equality without sacrificing contribution and responsibility. I come home from work and cook almost everyday while my wife helps my son with homework. She's more patient than me at that and I'm a better cook than she is. I don't give a FK what that implies in anybody's Bible of human servitude. I work all day in a fairly macho job throwing animal carcasses around and cutting them up.

We really need to stop using that phrase "you couldn't do that today" because every time someone says that all it does is reinforce it and make it that much more true.

Tarantino doesn't believe that phrase at all.

Forum List

Back