This story is so sad

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Get ready for more of them

Sixteen weeks into her pregnancy she and her husband learned that Finley had a rare disease called triploidy. He was also missing a kidney, had a heart with no valves and an improperly developed brain.

She also claims was experiencing high blood pressure, writing: 'I had been pulled off of the blood thinners that were protecting my body from an autoimmune response.

'There was now a higher chance that I might not make it and my husband was looking at me with fear in his eyes and saying that he would NOT lose me, too.'

Her doctors said Finley would not survive and she was likely to face dangerous complications if the pregnancy continued.

DeSpain had three failed pregnancies and battled cervical cancer before she learned she was carrying her 'miracle' baby, Finley.

Due to previous heartbreak and complications, she and her husband remained cautious after learning she was pregnant for a fourth time.

Carrying the pregnancy to full-term would have put DeSpain at risk of potentially fatal complications, but Texas's so-called heartbeat abortion bill bans almost all abortions except for those vaguely defined as 'medical emergencies.'

DeSpain was told hers did not fit that criteria, and instead set out on a lengthy journey to a neighboring state, where she was branded a murderer by pro-life protesters on arriving at the abortion clinic.

'They assumed that I did not WANT the child that I had prayed for for almost 8 years,' DeSpain wrote. 'I knew that people like that do not want to understand. People like that will never have a heart for people like me.'

She wanted this baby. She wasnt using abortion for "birth control" Yet, despite all the rhetoric from pro-lifers, she was denied this abortion where the baby was going to DIE as it had no heart valves and was missing a kidney. In fact, she could have died as well.
This is where we are at now. Awesome.

Sixteen weeks into her pregnancy she and her husband learned that Finley had a rare disease called triploidy. He was also missing a kidney, had a heart with no valves and an improperly developed brain.

She also claims was experiencing high blood pressure, writing: 'I had been pulled off of the blood thinners that were protecting my body from an autoimmune response.

'There was now a higher chance that I might not make it and my husband was looking at me with fear in his eyes and saying that he would NOT lose me, too.'

Her doctors said Finley would not survive and she was likely to face dangerous complications if the pregnancy continued.

DeSpain had three failed pregnancies and battled cervical cancer before she learned she was carrying her 'miracle' baby, Finley.

Due to previous heartbreak and complications, she and her husband remained cautious after learning she was pregnant for a fourth time.

Carrying the pregnancy to full-term would have put DeSpain at risk of potentially fatal complications, but Texas's so-called heartbeat abortion bill bans almost all abortions except for those vaguely defined as 'medical emergencies.'

DeSpain was told hers did not fit that criteria, and instead set out on a lengthy journey to a neighboring state, where she was branded a murderer by pro-life protesters on arriving at the abortion clinic.

'They assumed that I did not WANT the child that I had prayed for for almost 8 years,' DeSpain wrote. 'I knew that people like that do not want to understand. People like that will never have a heart for people like me.'

She wanted this baby. She wasnt using abortion for "birth control" Yet, despite all the rhetoric from pro-lifers, she was denied this abortion where the baby was going to DIE as it had no heart valves and was missing a kidney. In fact, she could have died as well.
if the leftist werent campaigning on abortion up to birth this wouldnt be happening,,,

This is what happens when ideology trumps reason.

Pointing out the exception to the rule is a horrible argument.....And there's no stopping her from going to any one of a number of states where abortion will remain legal.

I heard a recent story on NPR which easily could've been this case.

The fact that someone would insist such a pregnancy be carried to term is disgusting...

Pointing out the exception to the rule is a horrible argument.....And there's no stopping her from going to any one of a number of states where abortion will remain legal.
The point that Texas wouldnt let her do this is what this thread is about. She did go to another state. Its bad thats what she had to do!
The baby didnt even heart valves for crying out loud. And she could have died before giving birth, on top of that.

Check out this story...

The point that Texas wouldnt let her do this is what this thread is about. She did go to another state. Its bad thats what she had to do!
The baby didnt even heart valves for crying out loud. And she could have died before giving birth, on top of that.
Then the law in Texas needs to be changed....I wouldn't even disagree.

But this is the backlash from 50 years of a bad ruling that screwed up the works....It's going to take time to work through matters such as this.

Forum List

Back