This shit is getting old.

Seriously?

Whew! OK, step by step. Please pay attention here. 38.8% of those on welfare are white and 39.8 are black. The remainder is the difference, so largely Latino and some Asian etc.

Therefore, as a population as a whole, about 5% of whites and 30% of blacks are on welfare.

Get someone to help you if you need figuring this out.

That isn't what my link said - if the link is wrong - then refute it.

The link said, verbatim:
38.8 percent of Caucasians, and 39.8 percent of African-Americans are on welfare.

You read English right?[/QUOTE]I will withhold any further comment in deference to your modship. Please read carefully:

Fact: Think again! The margin between Caucasians and African-Americans who are on welfare is extremely narrow — 38.8 percent of Caucasians, and 39.8 percent of African-Americans are on welfare.
[/QUOTE]

I am still not reading it the same way as you are. :dunno:[/QUOTE]

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

The wording was manipulated to be misleading. The phrase "who are on welfare" was purposely done so. It is up to us as posters to avoid quoting deceptive links, otherwise you come out as a hack.

So answer the question Unkawhore.
So you're completely okay with the over reaction of a bunch of thugs,but the so called over reaction of officer Wilson in the plugging of Dirt Nap Mike is somehow different?

Where, exactly, did you construe that?

Cut out the words.

Show the phrase.

Or? You are lying.

No one is "spitting out babies like rabbits." Fertility rates are falling across the board. Your offensive terminology in reference to human life says a lot about you.
They're not spitting them out like rabbits? Everyday I see hispanic women going into the WIC office with one in the stroller, one walking next to her and a huge belly. hispanics are Catholic and don't believe in birth control.

Who are you to decide who can or can not have children?

I don't see where anyone is deciding who can or can not have children, but what people are concerned about is the government incentivizing the situation that causes poor people to feel as if it is OK to have babies like mad while their hands are stretched way out. What or how did you get what you got out of someone speaking about these things by your response in which you gave? It appears by your statement that you are angry, so are you ?

Nope. Not angry. But somehow she seems to focus her "concern" on minorities only - specifically blacks and hispanics. I don't hear her saying anything about white teen pregnancies and whites on welfare do you?

Poverty In America Myths About Welfare Recipients CBS Charlotte

1. Most of the people on welfare are African-Americans.

Fact: Think again! The margin between Caucasians and African-Americans who are on welfare is extremely narrow — 38.8 percent of Caucasians, and 39.8 percent of African-Americans are on welfare.

3. Most woman on welfare continue to have babies so that they can maximize the amount of benefits that they receive.

Fact: The average family on welfare has 2.8 children. Furthermore, only one out of every 10 mothers on welfare has more than 3 children.

Actually, the black population in America was denied access to the welfare system at its inception. Some interesting information in the article below.

Blacks and the History of Welfare

No one is "spitting out babies like rabbits." Fertility rates are falling across the board. Your offensive terminology in reference to human life says a lot about you.
They're not spitting them out like rabbits? Everyday I see hispanic women going into the WIC office with one in the stroller, one walking next to her and a huge belly. hispanics are Catholic and don't believe in birth control.

I don't see where anyone is deciding who can or can not have children, but what people are concerned about is the government incentivizing the situation that causes poor people to feel as if it is OK to have babies like mad while their hands are stretched way out. What or how did you get what you got out of someone speaking about these things by your response in which you gave? It appears by your statement that you are angry, so are you ?

Nope. Not angry. But somehow she seems to focus her "concern" on minorities only - specifically blacks and hispanics. I don't hear her saying anything about white teen pregnancies and whites on welfare do you?

3. Most woman on welfare continue to have babies so that they can maximize the amount of benefits that they receive.

Fact: The average family on welfare has 2.8 children. Furthermore, only one out of every 10 mothers on welfare has more than 3 children.

Actually, the black population in America was denied access to the welfare system at its inception. Some interesting information in the article below.

Considering african americans are 13% of the population.......

Your point is?

Your point is?

What is it with liberals and percentages?

Your point is?

What is it with some who base everything on a political agenda, and automatically assume that every statement has a political foundation? I merely posted a link about some of the history of the welfare system, but It's your thread. Are you now changing the topic to "liberals and percentages""? . If so, why not be direct, and state your point........if you have one?

Your point is?

What is it with some who base everything on a political agenda, and automatically assume that every statement has a political foundation? I merely posted a link about some of the history of the welfare system, but It's your thread. Are you now changing the topic to "liberals and percentages""? . If so, why not be direct, and state your point........if you have one?

I didnt steer it in this direction. And if you dont understand percentages you're too damn stupid to converse with.

Again, doing the math shows that about 1 in 20 whites and 3 in 10 blacks are on welfare.

I think that's what he means about stats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Again, doing the math shows that about 1 in 20 whites and 3 in 10 blacks are on welfare.

I understand basic math. My question was directed at him regarding what math and statistics have to do with so called "liberals".

I understand basic math. My question was directed at him regarding what math and statistics have to do with so called "liberals".
Good, I guess that means you're not in denial about the abysmal state of black America. Some would label it racism, but you are obviously too enlightened.

Good, I guess that means you're not in denial about the abysmal state of black America. Some would label it racism, but you are obviously too enlightened.

Guess as you wish, And assume to be "abysmal" what you choose. You do not speak for me.

Guess as you wish, And assume to be "abysmal" what you choose. You do not speak for me.
And here I thought you understood statistics.

You "thought" right. What you fail to realize is that I will not waste any time playing schoolyard semantics with you on a subject that you offer nothing of value to.

Now do you get it?

Good.

Pure evasion...Comical...

You "thought" right. What you fail to realize is that I will not waste any time playing schoolyard semantics with you on a subject that you offer nothing of value to.

Now do you get it?

Good.
Got it. Statistics, by any measure, prove the abysmal failure that is black America.

With your understanding, we are agreed.

Now do you get it?

Good.
Got it. Statistics, by any measure, prove the abysmal failure that is black America.

Since it appears to be so important to you that I agree with you, please continue to glorify yourself by thinking that I do.

That being said, you may continue to gleefully "celebrate" what you think is the abysmal failure of black America.

Now do you get it?

Good.

Since it appears to be so important to you that I agree with you, please continue to glorify yourself by thinking that I do.

That being said, you may continue to gleefully "celebrate" what you think is the abysmal failure of black America.
An acknowledgement of the failure of black America is hardly a "gleeful celebration". It is, however, a recognition of yet another failed attempt at equality between races.

It is and was a pipe-dream anyway,

Now do you get it?

Good.

An acknowledgement of the failure of black America is hardly a "gleeful celebration". It is, however, a recognition of yet another failed attempt at equality between races.

It is and was a pipe-dream anyway,

Your point is?

According to What percentage of people in US are on welfare
http://www.chacha.com/question/what-percentage-of-people-on-welfare-are-white,-black,-or-hispanic

- 29 million people are on welfare
- 39% white: 11,661,000
- 38% black: 11,362,000

According to Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
- US population: 313,544,041
- White: 72.4%: 227,005,885
- Black: 12.6%: 39,506,549

Math time!:

Whites: 11.661,000 / 227,005,885 * 100 = 5.13%
Blacks: 11,362,000 / 39,506,549 * 100 = 28.75%

Is this clear enough? I'm not sure I can dumb it down any further.
Maybe you can help me with that..since you seem to be an expert on stupid.

Forum List

Back