This robot-powered burger joint could put fast food workers out of a job

Automation has and will continue taking over lots of things. How did you get money from the bank before ATM machines? When was the last time you had to drop your film off to get it developed? Only an idiot would be surprised at more changes brought about by automation. I doubt this particular change will happen over night, so the people doing those jobs still need to be treated fairly.

Automation is stuck because technology is stuck.

Bargain better burgers. Fresh flour ground daily makes for better baked buns as well.

People will still look at them as assembly line burgers. Competitors will go after them with fresh ingredients, hand crafted, have it your way product

Did you look at the pic of the hamburger the robot made?
It looks way better than any fast food crap that i've ever seen. And if you'd read the article it'll make your burger anyway you want.
And fresh ingredients have nothing to do with who makes the burger.

Anything else?

It's a fake story. There is no hamburger making machine.

Bargain better burgers. Fresh flour ground daily makes for better baked buns as well.

People will still look at them as assembly line burgers. Competitors will go after them with fresh ingredients, hand crafted, have it your way product

It looks way better than any fast food crap that i've ever seen. And if you'd read the article it'll make your burger anyway you want.

Anything else?

I wouldn't doubt one exists. People build all kinds of stuff in their garage, and it's not really state of the art technology. I really doubt they will be utilized any time soon.

so, we are moving towards a ''cashless'' society as predicted? The registers for this set up, forces customers to pay via the internet connection with our credit card companies or banks or with PAYPAL...? no more cash?

Welcome out from under a rock!

Anything else?

I wouldn't doubt one exists. People build all kinds of stuff in their garage, and it's not really state of the art technology. I really doubt they will be utilized any time soon.

Where is it, or are you bloviating?

Anything else?

I'm making an educated guess. There is a large hacker/maker community, and you might be surprised at some of the things being made.

Anything else?

Business Insider is no phony publication.

A company called Momentum Machines has built a robot that could radically change the fast-food industry and have some line cooks looking for new jobs.

The company's robot can "slice toppings like tomatoes and pickles immediately before it places the slice onto your burger, giving you the freshest burger possible." The robot is "more consistent, more sanitary, and can produce ~360 hamburgers per hour." That's one burger every 10 seconds.

The next generation of the device will offer "custom meat grinds for every single customer. Want a patty with 1/3 pork and 2/3 bison ground to order? No problem."

Here's The Burger-Flipping Robot That Could Put Fast-Food Workers Out Of A Job

Anything else?

A company called Momentum Machines has built a robot that could radically change the fast-food industry and have some line cooks looking for new jobs.

The company's robot can "slice toppings like tomatoes and pickles immediately before it places the slice onto your burger, giving you the freshest burger possible." The robot is "more consistent, more sanitary, and can produce ~360 hamburgers per hour." That's one burger every 10 seconds.

The next generation of the device will offer "custom meat grinds for every single customer. Want a patty with 1/3 pork and 2/3 bison ground to order? No problem."

If it actually works, where is it? The Business Insider is a blog.

Anything else?

Yeah, here in the 21st century it's impossible for a machine to make a hamburger.....

momentum-machines-real-burger.jpg

No $15-per-hour burger flippers here. Fresh out of the machine to you.

pka5581e6_27_8_201410_36_53.png

And here's how you'll order:

eatsa-robot-restaurant-san-francisco-2927.jpg

No more checking your order before leaving the drive thru window or counter. Robots will ensure it's right.

Does this make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

Story @ This robot-powered burger joint could put fast food workers out of a job

You do know that this along with the Arizona high tech McDonalds are fake stories.

Yeah.....because we all know we dont have the tech these days to make a burger making machine.

And no the machine is not fake..damn you're an idiot.
Momentum Machines The Next Industrial Revolution

Here you go
Robots Advance: Automation in Burger Flipping and Beyond
Can a Machine Build a Better Hamburger?

Anything else?

The last time I was at any form of fast food it was a Jack In The Box and it was six months ago.

I make my own burgers, fresh salsa and have no use for fast food joints at all...

So if it put people out of work, well you will still need someone to repair the machine and a manager and janitorial, so people will lose their job but not as many as some would think...

Anything else?

Has anyone ever told you what a worthless jerk you are?

Has anyone ever told you what a worthless jerk you are?

And again, where is the hamburger making machine?

Forum List

Back