This needs to be posted and watched again, and again and again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O_GRkMZJn4

...Until Republicans stop filibustering the 9/11 health bill.

They used 9/11 as a fucking political tool for 8 years now, to advance their agenda, and now they shamelessly are stopping this bill from going through.

This is absolutely disgusting.
tell ya what, make it a clean stand alone bill, and it passes hands down
if the dems would leave it the fuck alone it would

It's a clean, stand alone bill.

Which needs a 2/3 vote, since it's "fast tracked."

A Democrat decision.

tell ya what, make it a clean stand alone bill, and it passes hands down
if the dems would leave it the fuck alone it would

It's a clean, stand alone bill.

Which needs a 2/3 vote, since it's "fast tracked."

A Democrat decision.

So it's the Dems fault that the bill can't get 60 votes for cloture? It's the dems fault that there are more than 34 Republicans who are opposed to the bill?

If the provision doesn't go into affect until July, what is the rush? Why can't we debate and discuss the bill?

You have to give the republicans credit when it comes to lies that pass as truth, they are superb.

You have to give them credit as several republican/conservative/libertarian posters above attest, they can not only pull the wool over the eyes of the choir, but they have a great many Americans bamboozled as well. So it goes....

Churchill was right. Here's some of their best work this year.

PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

The Republican talking point was the most pervasive falsehood of the year, used hundreds of times by GOP leaders and candidates. And it worked: a majority of Americans believe the law is a government takeover.
http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2010/dec/16/lie-year-government-takeover-health-care/

"Material poverty provides the incentive to change precisely in situations where there is very little margin for experiments. Material prosperity removes the incentive just when it might be safe to take a chance. Europe lacks the means, America the will, to make a move. We need a new set of convictions which spring naturally from candid examination of our own inner feelings in relation to the outside facts." John Maynard Keynes

You have to give the republicans credit when it comes to lies that pass as truth, they are superb.

You have to give them credit as several republican/conservative/libertarian posters above attest, they can not only pull the wool over the eyes of the choir, but they have a great many Americans bamboozled as well. So it goes....

Churchill was right. Here's some of their best work this year.

PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

The Republican talking point was the most pervasive falsehood of the year, used hundreds of times by GOP leaders and candidates. And it worked: a majority of Americans believe the law is a government takeover.
http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2010/dec/16/lie-year-government-takeover-health-care/

"Material poverty provides the incentive to change precisely in situations where there is very little margin for experiments. Material prosperity removes the incentive just when it might be safe to take a chance. Europe lacks the means, America the will, to make a move. We need a new set of convictions which spring naturally from candid examination of our own inner feelings in relation to the outside facts." John Maynard Keynes
damn, you are pathetic

Can't help you babe. If you can't sway Collins, Snowe, Brown, Lugar or Bennett, you're screwed.

So there are more than enough Republicans to stop cloture on the 9/11 Health and Compensation act, and even a more substantial number margin to block the 9/11 Health and Compensation Act Thanks.

Last edited:
There is hereby established within the Department of Health and Human Services a program to be known as the World Trade Center Health Program, which shall be administered by the WTC Program Administrator

Establishment under section 3303 of an education and outreach program

Establishment under subtitle C of a research program

The WTC Program Administrator shall establish an advisory committee

I'm barely getting started here and I see a whole new department being built. What is wrong with making a simple program, like you are a first responder or a volunteer? Prove it. OK Go to your doctor send us the bill.

This is getting bigger and bigger and they don't even know what it might cost

The WTC Program Administrator shall consult with 2 steering committees

OK finally found some $ figures...NO Way should this be passed.

$71,000,000 for the last calendar quarter of fiscal year 2011,
$318,000,000 for fiscal year 2012,
$354,000,000 for fiscal year 2013,
$382,000,000 for fiscal year 2014,
$431,000,000 for fiscal year 2015,
$481,000,000 for fiscal year 2016,
$537,000,000 for fiscal year 2017,
$601,000,000 for fiscal year 2018, and
$173,000,000 for fiscal year 2019; and
‘‘(II) subject to paragraph (4), an additional $499,000,000 for fiscal year 2019
and $743,000,000 for fiscal year 2020;

To save you all time and trouble that adds up to 4 billion 590 Million. in 10 years.

Why would we pass something that requires so many different reports and approvals... I couldn't read it all. There is just so much BS in there adding to the Government and it's power over these people.

Why would we pass something that requires so many different reports and approvals... I couldn't read it all.

To prevent fraud at the same time we make sure that the brave men and women who helped rescue efforts at 9.11 are properly compensated.

But don't worry, Republicans will pass it just as soon as they take over and can get all the credit for it.

He's got the right name. You think he's a oscar mayer or a Hebrew national?

Couple of interesting points from the bill

1) The NY Fire Department is excluded from the definition of "WTC Respondor" (looks like they do mention fire fighters elsewhere, not immediately obvious why they excluded them from the definition of respondor and placed them elsewhere in the bill)
2) The Bill focuses more on creating a structure and advertising this structure than actually helping the people. Which, I think is odd, considering we have hospitals already in existance, There structure necessary to accomplish what we are told this is supposed to accomplish should be mostly to focus on figuring out who is eligible and providing their treatment. But that's not what this is. I think i'd definitely like to know more about this since it looks like they are creating a completely new facility with staff and such to do research on the responders/survivors.
3) Still not seeing any Constitutional authorization for the bill.
4) There are provisions for the responders to the Pentagon and Pennsylvania attack sites as well, which is odd considering the justification for this bill is the toxins from the WTC debris.
5) The bill excludes people who are on the terrorist watch list from benefiting from this. Smart move, though Im curious what people on that list would qualify.
6) The bill includes mental health support.
7) The "WTC Survivors" defiition seems pretty broad for me. Essentially anyone who isnt a responder claiming WTC-related healthy condition
8) Requires contributions from the State of NY
9) Bill includes research into any illness labeled a WTC-related illness, including mental illnesses
10) They appropriate alot of money for this in the next 10 years.

After my peruse of the Bill, I have some issues that were not addressed:

1) Why are these responders not already covered through their health insurance?
2) What is the Constitutional authorization for the bill?
3) What happened to all the money that was donated to 9/11 victims families/responders?
4) Why are the NY Firefighters singled out in the bill?
5) Why such a broad grant of authority to research the "related" diseases, which are just about every one on the book? Isn't this just pork for research facilities?
6) If the whole point of this bill is to help people who were suffering from the toxins released from the debris at the world trade center, why are provisions made for the 9/11 responders who were at the other locations?
7) Is this the least invasive way to do this? Is all this overhead necessary?
8) Why does it have to passed immediately with no debate or discussion if the provisions don't go into effect until July?

I doubt ill get answers on any of those.

Couple of interesting points from the bill

1) The NY Fire Department is excluded from the definition of "WTC Respondor" (looks like they do mention fire fighters elsewhere, not immediately obvious why they excluded them from the definition of respondor and placed them elsewhere in the bill)
2) The Bill focuses more on creating a structure and advertising this structure than actually helping the people. Which, I think is odd, considering we have hospitals already in existance, There structure necessary to accomplish what we are told this is supposed to accomplish should be mostly to focus on figuring out who is eligible and providing their treatment. But that's not what this is. I think i'd definitely like to know more about this since it looks like they are creating a completely new facility with staff and such to do research on the responders/survivors.
3) Still not seeing any Constitutional authorization for the bill.
4) There are provisions for the responders to the Pentagon and Pennsylvania attack sites as well, which is odd considering the justification for this bill is the toxins from the WTC debris.
5) The bill excludes people who are on the terrorist watch list from benefiting from this. Smart move, though Im curious what people on that list would qualify.
6) The bill includes mental health support.
7) The "WTC Survivors" defiition seems pretty broad for me. Essentially anyone who isnt a responder claiming WTC-related healthy condition
8) Requires contributions from the State of NY
9) Bill includes research into any illness labeled a WTC-related illness, including mental illnesses
10) They appropriate alot of money for this in the next 10 years.

:clap2: kudos for an analysis instead of a kneejerk reaction. You raise interesting questions...might want to send them to your rep/senator. Seriously.

Look, this is nothing more or less than the result of priorities that have been made very clear:

Making sure people worth $10,000,000 get to keep more of their money to put in offshore accounts is very high priority and nothing comes before it.

Making sure people who toiled through the wreckage of 9/11 sacrificing their own health to save lives get medical care is very low priority and not worth ensuring if it doesn't get those millionaires more money.

You need to be careful with these things.Nothing is always as it seems.I heard the Republicans explanation
as to why they voted against this bill.But that never makes the so called truth cable channel MSNBC.The Dems pulled some kind of move that the GOP didn't like and when they backed of the little Weiner went nuts.This is meant to make the Republicans look like scumbags but the whole story never makes it out there because the liberal controlled media wants the folks to hate the Republicans.

Then what is the whole story?

After my peruse of the Bill, I have some issues that were not addressed:

1) Why are these responders not already covered through their health insurance?
2) What is the Constitutional authorization for the bill?
3) What happened to all the money that was donated to 9/11 victims families/responders?
4) Why are the NY Firefighters singled out in the bill?
5) Why such a broad grant of authority to research the "related" diseases, which are just about every one on the book? Isn't this just pork for research facilities?
6) If the whole point of this bill is to help people who were suffering from the toxins released from the debris at the world trade center, why are provisions made for the 9/11 responders who were at the other locations?
7) Is this the least invasive way to do this? Is all this overhead necessary?
8) Why does it have to passed immediately with no debate or discussion if the provisions don't go into effect until July?

I doubt ill get answers on any of those.

You won't listening to FoxViews, but here, go to bin Ladens favorite hang out where the 911 news from 1st Responder interviews are held.

9/11's first responders - RIZ KHAN - Al Jazeera English

Forum List

Back