This lady from a dating site asked "what makes me happy" on the phone and

There is a reason for the phrase TMI. Some people simply dont want to know all your info especially if they dont know you well. It makes you seem thirsty. Theres a difference in being yourself and using discretion when volunteering information better kept until you know the other person better.

And I'm guessing that's why the divorce rate is through the roof. People just get used to lying.
Doubt it. The divorce rate is through the roof because people dont honor commitment anymore. Takes work to stay married and most are too lazy to be bothered.

And why would you honor a commitment when you hate the other person? If you set out in a fantasy world rather than reality, when reality bites, you'll struggle.
Because you promised for better or worse? Anyone that gets married expecting a fantasy is in for a rude awakening. It takes work to make a marriage successful.

Yes, it does. It takes work, and work isn't lying to people.
Who said anything about lying? Thats the worst thing you can do.

And I'm guessing that's why the divorce rate is through the roof. People just get used to lying.
Doubt it. The divorce rate is through the roof because people dont honor commitment anymore. Takes work to stay married and most are too lazy to be bothered.

And why would you honor a commitment when you hate the other person? If you set out in a fantasy world rather than reality, when reality bites, you'll struggle.
Because you promised for better or worse? Anyone that gets married expecting a fantasy is in for a rude awakening. It takes work to make a marriage successful.

Sure it is. The OP is talking about a question he was asked. One day he had one answer, which was all designed to make her think he was a great guy. The next day he sent something which was designed not to make her think he was a great guy.

Now, I'm not saying the OP is lying either way, what I said was that you need to be yourself, which means telling the truth, when dating, someone else suggested this wasn't always such a good idea.

Sure it is. The OP is talking about a question he was asked. One day he had one answer, which was all designed to make her think he was a great guy. The next day he sent something which was designed not to make her think he was a great guy.

Now, I'm not saying the OP is lying either way, what I said was that you need to be yourself, which means telling the truth, when dating, someone else suggested this wasn't always such a good idea.
The OP is always lying or saying things he shouldnt say. I dont think what he sent was designed to make himself look bad. I think he is too dumb to know you dont do that if youre looking for a good woman. My point was that by being himself he broke the unwritten law that you dont do dumb shit before the person gets a chance to know you good enough to laugh at you and love you anyway. Its like belching out loud at a restaurant on the first date. Timing. In 3 months you can get away with it but not on the first date.

Forum List

Back