THIS JUST IN on the Zimmerman case....

This just in. Zimmerman got bail.

I watched the bail hearing. It was one of the strangest bail hearings I have ever seen. The DA was actually bringing up questions of guilt or iinnocence and the judge let him! Eventually, the law was followed, the Judge considered only the risk of flight and set $150,000 bail which will be easily met.

I saw that. Along with Zimmerman giving up his passport to ensure that he was not a flight risk. $150,000 is a pretty lenient bail for a crime that could carry a sentence of life imprisonment.

The crime is not an issue at a bail hearing. The possible sentence is not an issue at a bail hearing.

The sole issue is risk of flight.

I saw that. Along with Zimmerman giving up his passport to ensure that he was not a flight risk. $150,000 is a pretty lenient bail for a crime that could carry a sentence of life imprisonment.

Right, for a murder charge, $150,000 is practically letting Zimmerman out for free. It's a simple home equity loan for dad that will be recovered at the trial. It show that the judge thinks Zimmerman is innocent.

how about this for just in? A bloody zimmerman head

42012zimmemran1.jpg

New Photo Shows George Zimmerman's Head Was Bleeding Night Of Trayvon Martin Shooting: Gothamist

None of the wounds look like wounds that would require stiches. That is consistent with the police report that said Zimmerman was treated by the EMTs at the scene and then taken to the police station.

Right, for a murder charge, $150,000 is practically letting Zimmerman out for free. It's a simple home equity loan for dad that will be recovered at the trial. It show that the judge thinks Zimmerman is innocent.

Not close. It shows that the judge does not think that Zimmerman will flee the jurisdication.

I watched the bail hearing. It was one of the strangest bail hearings I have ever seen. The DA was actually bringing up questions of guilt or iinnocence and the judge let him! Eventually, the law was followed, the Judge considered only the risk of flight and set $150,000 bail which will be easily met.

The crime is not an issue at a bail hearing. The possible sentence is not an issue at a bail hearing.

The sole issue is risk of flight.

In New Mexico is there is a schedule for bail. The maximum for a non-felony offense I think is something like $2,500. For felony offenses, the amounts are considerably higher. In capital murder though, there is no limit for bail and the judge is not required to set bail.

It seemed the defense was also from what I was just told.

I don't know who does it in Florida, but in California the probation department does in independent investigation and files a flight risk assessment form that goes to the judge.

Zimmerman got bail, that is all that matters now. Good conditions also.

How fast will Zimmerman make bail? There are sites collecting for his defense, I wonder if posting bond will be part of those 'defense funds'?

He only has to come up with $15,000 not $150,000.

No it's 150,000.00
I watched it on the TV. When I heard it, I said wowza. His lawyer asked for 15,000.00
George Zimmerman's bail set at $150K - Yahoo! News

When you get bail, you have a choice of paying 100% with a full refund, or 10% with no refund. Either way, Zimmerman will make a million dollars off of a book deal.

hopefully he makes millions by suing the media!

No it's 150,000.00
I watched it on the TV. When I heard it, I said wowza. His lawyer asked for 15,000.00

When you get bail, you have a choice of paying 100% with a full refund, or 10% with no refund. Either way, Zimmerman will make a million dollars off of a book deal.

C'mon! He may not be guilty of a crime, but he KILLED Trayvon Martin; he apologized today, for what its worth........................................

No it's 150,000.00

If bail was $15,000 he would only have to come up with $1,500.00

Assuming he uses a bail bondsman, the bond costs 10% of the bail amount. Which means that Zimmerman has to come up with $15,000. The bondsman then posts the bond with the court meaning that if the defendant does not appear, the bail bondsman will pay the $150,000. Or, hire Dog the bounty hunter!

The $15,000 paid for the bond is an outright purchase and not contingent on the case.

Or, the family can put up the entire $150,000 which most people never do, OR, they can bring down a guarantee secured by real estate meaning they are putting up their home.

C'mon! He may not be guilty of a crime, but he KILLED Trayvon Martin; he apologized today, for what its worth........................................

Yeah, and Trayvon would still be alive if he hadn't attacked Zimmerman. In the same circumstances I would have also shot the SOB.

Yeah, and Trayvon would still be alive if he hadn't attacked Zimmerman. In the same circumstances I would have also shot the SOB.

Do you KNOW who attacked WHOM? The State sees the situation in a different light.

No it's 150,000.00

If bail was $15,000 he would only have to come up with $1,500.00

Assuming he uses a bail bondsman, the bond costs 10% of the bail amount. Which means that Zimmerman has to come up with $15,000. The bondsman then posts the bond with the court meaning that if the defendant does not appear, the bail bondsman will pay the $150,000. Or, hire Dog the bounty hunter!

The $15,000 paid for the bond is an outright purchase and not contingent on the case.

Or, the family can put up the entire $150,000 which most people never do, OR, they can bring down a guarantee secured by real estate meaning they are putting up their home.

Yeah, been there, done that.

Forum List

Back