P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
I’ve called out the left for this many times (most notably the dirt-bag George Soros). I have to call out a Republican when they do the same thing. This is wrong. A Senator from Arizona is supposed to be a representative for the people of Arizona. So why are citizens of other states financing his campaign? Citizens should not be permitted to influence elections in districts, states, etc. where they are not properly registered voters or able to legally vote.

AZ-Sen: Republican Joe Arpaio relying on small donors outside Arizona to fund his US Senate campaign

Arpaio is extremely popular with the far-right who want him to rise even beyond Arizona politics, so they are giving him a boost.

Thanks for the heads up... I'll cut him a check ASAP! Like Trump, the Nation was perfectly primed for his leadership & vision at this particular point in time. AZ's porous borders have primed the state for 'draconianesque' measures to be taken by those in higher office, Joe would be perfect, too bad he's not running for governor...

We threw that asshole out of office here in Maricopa County (Deep Red County) and it would take an act of God or a petty dictator to get his fat, crooked ass elected to the US Senate for AZ! Who the fuck are you fools trying to dupe with stupid pie-in-the-sky wishful talk of 'Senator Arpiao'?

That's why Arpaio doesn't have much of a campaign here in AZ!!!! The people, R's & D's both, don't want his crooked ass!

I’ve called out the left for this many times (most notably the dirt-bag George Soros). I have to call out a Republican when they do the same thing. This is wrong. A Senator from Arizona is supposed to be a representative for the people of Arizona. So why are citizens of other states financing his campaign? Citizens should not be permitted to influence elections in districts, states, etc. where they are not properly registered voters or able to legally vote.

AZ-Sen: Republican Joe Arpaio relying on small donors outside Arizona to fund his US Senate campaign
The illegals being shuttled through AZ have a direct impact on my quality of life as a citizen, even in New England... Yeh, I give a sheite what happens at MY Nation's borders! I e-mail Senators from other states as well, should I get rapped on the knuckles for that too...

Anybody can donate to whoever they want. There’s nothing wrong or even remotely unethical about it. I have a friend who ran for state assembly in Massachusetts this year and I sent him money. Every candidate for office raises money from outside the district.

Thanks for the heads up... I'll cut him a check ASAP! Like Trump, the Nation was perfectly primed for his leadership & vision at this particular point in time. AZ's porous borders have primed the state for 'draconianesque' measures to be taken by those in higher office, Joe would be perfect, too bad he's not running for governor...
One step at a time.

Anybody can donate to whoever they want. There’s nothing wrong or even remotely unethical about it. I have a friend who ran for state assembly in Massachusetts this year and I sent him money. Every candidate for office raises money from outside the district.
I know they do. And it’s wrong. You have no business trying to influence elections in Massachusetts if you don’t live there. You’re not the one who will have to live under your friend’s policies.

It's okay to fund campaigns this way.

Only time it becomnes a problem is when you're dealing with citizens initiatives. That's when you get the companies from other states running ads aginst you if they don't like your initiative.

I know they do. And it’s wrong. You have no business trying to influence elections in Massachusetts if you don’t live there. You’re not the one who will have to live under your friend’s policies.

Out of all of the things wrong with politics this is about the dumbest thing you could bitch about

Out of all of the things wrong with politics this is about the dumbest thing you could bitch about
I can walk and chew bubble gum. I can address all things wrong with politics simultaneously. And there would be a lot less wrong with politics if we could eliminate people from other states/districts/etc. influencing elections.

You almost gotta laugh that it was a senator from Arizona who created the poorly written and convoluted law that created tax exemption for the likes of "Media Matters" and now some amateur political analysts who apparently ain't got a freaking clue about Constitutional law want to keep Americans outside of Arizona from contributing to the campaign of an Arizona candidate. WTF are they thinking?

Forum List

Back