THIS is why you don't hire a reality TV host as POTUS

Some of us have been warning of this since the 2016 campaign, but, the Trump debacle over the last week proves why you don't hire someone like Trump to lead the country. Back then, we warned that Trump has no concept of United States history, United States foreign policy, United States patriotism, or United States place in the world. It was evident then....it is blatantly obvious now.

So, I guess it depends on what you do now:

Do you admit you make a mistake and were duped by a serial liar (forgivable...I suppose)?

Or, do you hunker down and spit in the face of America (unforgivable)?

I guess, the choice is yours.

We had difficulty finding an unskilled, butt kissing, community organizer.

How convincing?!?!?! I have 20 years of history....you have the retorts of right wing media. Good one?

20 years of history? Great, get back to us when you turn 21.

In other words....you have no response. GOT IT!

Trump Was The 'Lesser Of 2 Evils'. Barry Knew It. Everyone Knew It.

"Mr. Obama and his team were confident that Mrs. Clinton would win and, like much of the country, were shocked when she did not. “I couldn’t shake the feeling that I should have seen it coming,” Mr. Rhodes writes. “Because when you distilled it, stripped out the racism and misogyny, we’d run against Hillary eight years ago with the same message Trump had used: She’s part of a corrupt establishment that can’t be trusted to bring change.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/30/us/politics/obama-reaction-trump-election-benjamin-rhodes.html

SAME MESSAGE - SAME RESULTS…

Correction. Trump was thought to be the lesser of two evils, or the least worst, by many of us since clinton was so bad. He's turned out to be the worst imaginable choice. Far worse. Hopefully the country will survive him.

Some of us have been warning of this since the 2016 campaign, but, the Trump debacle over the last week proves why you don't hire someone like Trump to lead the country. Back then, we warned that Trump has no concept of United States history, United States foreign policy, United States patriotism, or United States place in the world. It was evident then....it is blatantly obvious now.

Do you admit you make a mistake and were duped by a serial liar (forgivable...I suppose)?

Everyone knew what they were getting when we watched him mock a handicapped reporter, criticize a Gold Star Family, carry on a week long feud with a beauty queen, threaten to lock up his political opponent like they do in 3rd world countries, deal in conspiracy theories and even consult with the biggest brain dead conspiracy theorist of our times in AlexJones,
express racial invectives against minorities, started his political career with the racist lie that Obama wasn’t born in America... on and on.
Everyone knew he is a vile, corrupt man but they didn’t care because of Hillary’s emails.
Emails.
His presidency is the biggest mistake this country ever made and it’s never been more obvious when he threw America under the bus yesterday.
Meanwhile Putin is having caviar and everyone in Russia is celebrating today after its obvious Putin’s plan of subjugating America is working.

The Corporate owned Republicans who were against Trump are still against President Trump.

Right, they were "so against Trump" that they passed Trump's tax cut that exploded the deficit????????????? Sure...that's believable.
I presume you didn’t follow the campaign.
I’m shocked.

The Corporate owned Republicans who were against Trump are still against President Trump.

Right, they were "so against Trump" that they passed Trump's tax cut that exploded the deficit????????????? Sure...that's believable.
I’m shocked.

Your replies make no sense whatsoever.

Brilliant retort Cletus.

-Trump COULD have cancelled the meeting with Putin (in light of the 25 indictments levied)
-Trump COULD have told Putin, in light of the 25 indictments, if he doesn't extradite those indicted, we will impose additional sanctions against Russia
-Jesus Christ, Trump COULD have told Putin he believes Americans more than a dictator who kills his opponents

The idea that Trump had no other options is utterly preposterous.

You sir are the definition of a Trump weakling.
You forgot to tell us the expected result of those demands. What do expect that such action would affect?

How do we know Trump didn't confront Putin?

Press conferences and what we see going on in summits are nothing more than reality tv.

No political leader would travel thousands of miles across an ocean maybe to go on international tv and not know exactly what was going to be said.

We have a national security crisis. Our electoral,system has been compromised by a foreign power. We must act to fix this now.

How exactly has our electoral system been compromised?

No machine was hacked or is that the new claim now.
Any president worth his salt would protect America after a foreign adversary attacked our democracy.
Not only is the incompetent compromised President not protecting us, he can’t even admit Putin’s attack because he believes the former KGB agent over our own intelligence agencies.
Everyone in Congress and all over the world knows what happened but since Putin has something big over Trump, the cowardly president puts himself first and America last.

I disagree with your premise that Trump is ignorant of US history, for policy, patriotism or place in the world. Trump may illustrate why typically people with no background in govt aren't elected - even those who are seen as outsiders like Reagan, Carter and even Ike.

Trump's view of those four factors is shared by at least 40% of the populace.

What were the other options?

Bernie got shafted and was okay with it.

I’m shocked.

Your reply makes no sense.
How Republicans oppose Trump has zero to do with Legislation.
They spend 24/7 deriding him.

...or anyone else ignorant of the law, responsible governance, and sound public policy.

...or anyone else ignorant of the law, responsible governance, and sound public policy.
Such as dole out the welfare?

We have a national security crisis. Our electoral,system has been compromised by a foreign power. We must act to fix this now.

But who will fix it? The president IS the national security crisis. He said there is a moral equivalence with Russia. He said he trusts a dictator over his own intelligence community. He said he does not believe the Russians truly did interfere with the 2016 elections. He is in service of a nation n not his own. And his followers are either too stupid to understand this or are too far in the tank with this treasonous president to understand the situation.

Who will fix this? Republican leaders in congress? They are worried about holding their power should they provoke the president.

My concern is the Trumpians are so invested in the cult of Trump they they have forgotten their own nation and are willing to jump from the cliff like so many lemmings.
The fish rots from the head on down and we have a putrid rotting head of our government.
The ONLY solution is to vote in November to check this totally corrupt president.
Even many republicans are saying people have to vote democratic to save our country and that is unprecedented.

Brilliant retort Cletus.

-Trump COULD have cancelled the meeting with Putin (in light of the 25 indictments levied)
-Trump COULD have told Putin, in light of the 25 indictments, if he doesn't extradite those indicted, we will impose additional sanctions against Russia
-Jesus Christ, Trump COULD have told Putin he believes Americans more than a dictator who kills his opponents

You forgot to tell us the expected result of those demands. What do expect that such action would affect?

Press conferences and what we see going on in summits are nothing more than reality tv.

No political leader would travel thousands of miles across an ocean maybe to go on international tv and not know exactly what was going to be said.

Any president worth his salt would protect America after a foreign adversary attacked our democracy.
Not only is the incompetent compromised President not protecting us, he can’t even admit Putin’s attack because he believes the former KGB agent over our own intelligence agencies.
Everyone in Congress and all over the world knows what happened but since Putin has something big over Trump, the cowardly president puts himself first and America last.
Perhaps Trump believes that Putin's embrace of an ultra-nationalist ethic Russia is something admirable and to be emulated? That could be true even if Trump committed impeachable crimes coordinating his campaign with Putin's illegal interference. Not that I'm supposing as a fact that Trump "colluded." It seems more likely to me than it did before he went overseas.

I’m shocked.

EXACTLY! Republicans provide lip service and, when it counts, do the opposite of what they claim. Thanks for pointing that out.

I disagree with your premise that Trump is ignorant of US history, for policy, patriotism or place in the world. Trump may illustrate why typically people with no background in govt aren't elected - even those who are seen as outsiders like Reagan, Carter and even Ike.

Trump's view of those four factors is shared by at least 40% of the populace.
It’s common knowledge Prez Raccoon Eyes doesn’t read.. even his own intelligence briefs..
The only book that’s ever been on his night stand is a book of Hitler quotes. Confirmed by many who work for him.
He knows NOTHING about history but worse he doesn’t want to learn.
He thinks he can wing it.
Well we’ve seen the disaster at the NATO conferences and yesterday’s debacle.

Brilliant retort Cletus.

Perhaps Trump believes that Putin's embrace of an ultra-nationalist ethic Russia is something admirable and to be emulated? That could be true even if Trump committed impeachable crimes coordinating his campaign with Putin's illegal interference. Not that I'm supposing as a fact that Trump "colluded." It seems more likely to me than it did before he went overseas.
Yes he admires dictators who can kill members of the free press and get away with it.
He attacks our democratic allies and praises the worse dictators on the planet. He has shown who he is. Why won’t his cult listen to him?

But who will fix it? The president IS the national security crisis. He said there is a moral equivalence with Russia. He said he trusts a dictator over his own intelligence community. He said he does not believe the Russians truly did interfere with the 2016 elections. He is in service of a nation n not his own. And his followers are either too stupid to understand this or are too far in the tank with this treasonous president to understand the situation.

Who will fix this? Republican leaders in congress? They are worried about holding their power should they provoke the president.

My concern is the Trumpians are so invested in the cult of Trump they they have forgotten their own nation and are willing to jump from the cliff like so many lemmings.
Exactly.

Yet another example of Republicans placing party before country.

Brilliant retort Cletus.

Yes he admires dictators who can kill members of the free press and get away with it.
He attacks our democratic allies and praises the worse dictators on the planet. He has shown who he is. Why won’t his cult listen to him?

Oh, you mean kinda like this?
11 Times Obama Catered to Worst Dictators in the World

I’m shocked.

I dunno. Mitch "the Turtle" seems pretty tied to the guy who signs his tax cut bills. Charley McCarthy and the Tough Wrestling Coach Dude seem to be in his corner too.

2d61bbc0b3b99079a4af2e121af76cfb.jpg

Forum List

Back