This is why there's no proof of God

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
"Since I left the Hell-fire church and began to help people overcome the religious brainwashing they have been subjected to, I have gotten many letters, phone calls and emails from people whose experience in Christianity caused gentle-souled persons like this one to “vomit alone in my apartment, certain I was elected for damnation by a cruel God who would laugh at me hysterically while I was ripped apart, eaten, fried, raped, and in every other imaginable way, tortured in hell”? He writes further, “I had long seriously considered killing myself in order to get out from under the emotional oppression and desperation of thoughts of my own damnation. The fear drove me to the point of complete insanity. I blew a solid three years of my youth (21-23) continuously contemplating my damnation and meanwhile lost friends, burdened family members, and drove my girlfriend away. I have yet to regain even a slight measure of what I lost. I was downing antidepressants and curling up in fetal position most nights bawling and praying that God would have mercy on me and unharden my heart so that I might actually be granted faith in Him, instead of Him willing me into reprobation and, therefore, everlasting, merciless torment and pure insanity in hell. Even now my walk with God is weak.""
The Infamous Hall of

This poor guy suffered even absent proof for God existing. And bears out my point about how we'd be paralyzed with fear if we had such proof. Thus, if God does exist and hides all the evidence it does it's because He knows that that's best.

You would only be damned if you chose to be damned. I never vomited in my apartment for fear of damnation...only from one too many free beers.

Dunno who said it, but I agree with the sentiment that we carry our own personal heavens and hells around with us. Or as the Gospel of Thomas says, "Split a piece of wood and find me there..." meaning heaven is here now, not some place you go to after death.

Not very efficient to boot having heaven and hell. If you don't like somebody's actions just don't ressurect them, how Judaism explains it. Don't need hell, ceasing to exist altogether's even worse.

"Since I left the Hell-fire church and began to help people overcome the religious brainwashing they have been subjected to, I have gotten many letters, phone calls and emails from people whose experience in Christianity caused gentle-souled persons like this one to “vomit alone in my apartment, certain I was elected for damnation by a cruel God who would laugh at me hysterically while I was ripped apart, eaten, fried, raped, and in every other imaginable way, tortured in hell”? He writes further, “I had long seriously considered killing myself in order to get out from under the emotional oppression and desperation of thoughts of my own damnation. The fear drove me to the point of complete insanity. I blew a solid three years of my youth (21-23) continuously contemplating my damnation and meanwhile lost friends, burdened family members, and drove my girlfriend away. I have yet to regain even a slight measure of what I lost. I was downing antidepressants and curling up in fetal position most nights bawling and praying that God would have mercy on me and unharden my heart so that I might actually be granted faith in Him, instead of Him willing me into reprobation and, therefore, everlasting, merciless torment and pure insanity in hell. Even now my walk with God is weak.""
The Infamous Hall of

This poor guy suffered even absent proof for God existing. And bears out my point about how we'd be paralyzed with fear if we had such proof. Thus, if God does exist and hides all the evidence it does it's because He knows that that's best.
'God' doesn't exist because it doesn't exist, hence the lack of 'proof.'

Speaking of such arguements, anyone else find it odd out with the whole universe God put hell on earth? Are we the universe's dump? And if hell is on earth, isn't all that negative energy leaking out a good explanation for the general state of htings here? :)

The Infamous Hall of

'God' doesn't exist because it doesn't exist, hence the lack of 'proof.'
It exists....all you do is add the sh in front.

The Infamous Hall of

I guess you were brainwashed because that is not what most Christians understand God to be.

It surely is not what Catholicism teaches. (note: purgatory is God's justice and mercy for so many souls)

Did they tell you who ends up in hell? Well they should not have because absolutely no one knows that or could even say hypothetically.

And neither can I account for why there are so many who declare there is no evidence for God. That totally astounds me. The very fact there is hyper-complex life and beauty on this earth is evidence all to itself. Or are you one of those who thinks if you stare at a beetle long enough it will turn into an ostrich all on its own?

I guess you were brainwashed because that is not what most Christians understand God to be.

It surely is not what Catholicism teaches. (note: purgatory is God's justice and mercy for so many souls)

Did they tell you who ends up in hell? Well they should not have because absolutely no one knows that or could even say hypothetically.

And neither can I account for why there are so many who declare there is no evidence for God. That totally astounds me. The very fact there is hyper-complex life and beauty on this earth is evidence all to itself. Or are you one of those who thinks if you stare at a beetle long enough it will turn into an ostrich all on its own?

Dunno much about Catholicism do you?

"Hell (infernus) in theological usage is a place of punishment after death. Theologians distinguish four meanings of the term hell:

* hell in the strict sense, or the place of punishment for the damned, be they demons or men;
* the limbo of infants (limbus parvulorum), where those who die in original sin alone, and without personal mortal sin, are confined and undergo some kind of punishment;
* the limbo of the Fathers (limbus patrum), in which the souls of the just who died before Christ awaited their admission to heaven; for in the meantime heaven was closed against them in punishment for the sin of Adam;
* purgatory, where the just, who die in venial sin or who still owe a debt of temporal punishment for sin, are cleansed by suffering before their admission to heaven."
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA Hell

Love the part about how innocent babies go to Hell too if not baptized. Ya, that's fair, holding a helpless baby responsible for the actions of their parents. That's the religion for me.

complexity is not evidence

that is absurd

No, of course not. Otherwise godless evolution would fall like a house of cards.
You have no choice but to make such a claim.

Evolutionist high priest Richard Dawkins says in his book - - - "Natural selection is the blind watchmaker, blind because it does not see ahead, does not plan consequences, has no purpose in view. Yet the living results of natural selection overwhelmingly impress us with the appearance of design as if by a master watchmaker, impress us with the illusion of design and planning.”

What a cop out -- “the illusion of design.”

complexity is not evidence

that is absurd

No, of course not. Otherwise godless evolution would fall like a house of cards.
You have no choice but to make such a claim.

Evolutionist high priest Richard Dawkins says in his book - - - "Natural selection is the blind watchmaker, blind because it does not see ahead, does not plan consequences, has no purpose in view. Yet the living results of natural selection overwhelmingly impress us with the appearance of design as if by a master watchmaker, impress us with the illusion of design and planning.”

What a cop out -- “the illusion of design.”
The difference between complexity and designed escapes you. It's alright little lemming, God did it.

The general state of things here is not that bad.

1.5 million children under 5 die every year from diarrhea. Many more millions die from starvation.

That's 'not that bad' to you?

The odds of being one of those children means no, it's not that bad.

If your parameters for "good" are "perfection," then you'll never be happy. I don't live like that, it'll be a complete cynical waste of my very valuable life here. I cherish every moment and love it.

Atheism and theism are both absurd, with atheism having a slight advantage in that they are not proposing anything, just the lack thereof.

Agnosticism is the most honest and rational disposition.

The odds of being one of those children means no, it's not that bad.

If your parameters for "good" are "perfection," then you'll never be happy. I don't live like that, it'll be a complete cynical waste of my very valuable life here. I cherish every moment and love it.

Perfection doesn't exist anywhere in the universe. A good thing too. If it did, the universe would never have even formed.

But in a time when we can easily prevent, and treat things like diarrhea and hunger, that we don't suggests we are as far from even being 'decent' or 'fair' as you can get.

Forum List

Back