This Is What I Am: A Muslim American Explains

I wish that we stoned people instead of lethal injections.

Say you have some piece trash that raped and murdered an 8 year old kid.

Just give each of the victims family a pile of rocks and an hour.

Plus show it on TV

I bet that kind of crime would go way, way down.

Mebbe. That's not a direction I want the US to go in.

What about the homophobia and subjugation of women, Sunni Man? You must have been faced with these questions before now. How integral to the Islamic faith are they?

Plus show it on TV

What about the homophobia and subjugation of women, Sunni Man? You must have been faced with these questions before now. How integral to the Islamic faith are they?
I don't buy in to the use of the made up word, "homophobia".

The APA does not list it as a verified psychiatric condition; nor does it require therapy or treatment.

Actually the Bible has far more to say about homosexuality than the Quran.

And in fact, calls for the stoning of homosexuals. :cool:

The Quran in NO way calls for the subjugation of women.

I fact, it is quite the opposite.

In Islam, women are treated with the up most dignity and respect.

Far more than Western women.

Next time you see a muslim women; just stop her and engage her in a conversation about her life and her religion.

Then get back with me. :eusa_angel:

Plus show it on TV

I don't buy in to the use of the made up word, "homophobia".

The APA does not list it as a verified psychiatric condition; nor does it require therapy or treatment.

Actually the Bible has far more to say about homosexuality than the Quran.

And in fact, calls for the stoning of homosexuals. :cool:

Where in the Bible is stoning a homosexual called for? I suspect you are in error about this, Sunni Man.

BTW "phobia" just means irrational fear. The term "psychiatric condition" implies a mental illness. Not every bout of irrationality rises to that level.

And you have not yet answered my question.

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Ahzab 33:59

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and
the women of the believers to draw their cloaks
(veils)* all over their bodies (i.e. screen
themselves completely except the eyes or one eye
to see the way). That will be better, that they
should be known (as free respectable women) so as
not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever
Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

*the arabic word here is Jalabeeb (plural of
Jalbaab), which is the loose outer garment that
covers all a woman's body. It says here to use

the Jalabeeb to cover all, and scholars say this
means to use it to cover her head (agree upon by
all scholars) and her face (agreed by many
scholars, not all) and one or both eyes, in order
for it to be known that she is a free woman and
so not to be exposed to any harm.

I wonder what annoyed means ?

Stoning was the standard form of execution in the Bible

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Ahzab 33:59

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and
the women of the believers to draw their cloaks
(veils)* all over their bodies (i.e. screen
themselves completely except the eyes or one eye
to see the way). That will be better, that they
should be known (as free respectable women) so as
not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever
Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

*the arabic word here is Jalabeeb (plural of
Jalbaab), which is the loose outer garment that
covers all a woman's body. It says here to use

the Jalabeeb to cover all, and scholars say this
means to use it to cover her head (agree upon by
all scholars) and her face (agreed by many
scholars, not all) and one or both eyes, in order
for it to be known that she is a free woman and
so not to be exposed to any harm.

I wonder what annoyed means ?

I'm guessing "annoyed by others". Sounds a little like the RCC doctrine that a girl or woman is an "occasion of sin".

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

Sunni Man, I'm not Biblical scholar but many dispute that interpretation. You know the Bible also says King David had a homosexual lover?

So what does Islam -- as you understand it -- teach about women and gays? If it's okay to ask...I'm not trying to hound you here. If you'd rather not answer, that's alright. I know USMB is not the most hospitable environment for Muslims.

Last edited:

Sunni Man, I'm not Biblical scholar but many dispute that interpretation. You know the Bible also says King David had a homosexual lover?

So what does Islam -- as you understand it -- teach about women and gays? If it's okay to ask...I'm not trying to hound you here.
The verse in Leviticus is not an interpretation.

Pick up any Bible and look it up. That is Exactly what it says.

But, the Bible NEVER says King David had a homosexual lover. Now that is TOTALLY an interpretation by pro homo groups.

Again, the Quran says very little about homos; except that it is wrong and they are going to Hell.

Also, the Quran teaches to be kind and respectful to women in general; and wives in particular.

The Prophet Muhammad said: The best of you; are those who are best to their wives.

So what does Islam -- as you understand it -- teach about women and gays? If it's okay to ask...I'm not trying to hound you here.

But, the Bible NEVER says King David had a homosexual lover. Now that is TOTALLY an interpretation by pro homo groups.

Again, the Quran says very little about homos; except that it is wrong and they are going to Hell.

Also, the Quran teaches to be kind and respectful to women in general; and wives in particular.

The Prophet Muhammad said: The best of you; are those who are best to their wives.

Sunni Man, you undoubtedly already know, the Bible was not originally written in English. Many ancient Hebrew, Greek, etc. words have no 1 to 1 in English and some degree of judgment is involved in their translation. It's one reason why the Torah doesn't match the Old Testament and every christian sect has its own version of the Bible.

If the Koran teaches that men should be kind and respectful towards women, how does any good Muslim man justify killing a woman for refusing an arranged marriage, etc.?

If the Koran teaches that men should be kind and respectful towards women, how does any good Muslim man justify killing a woman for refusing an arranged marriage,
arranged marriages are not Islamic and are not found in the Quran.

They are a pre-Islamic cultural practice in SOME muslim countries.

Last edited:
If the Koran teaches that men should be kind and respectful towards women, how does any good Muslim man justify killing a woman for refusing an arranged marriage,
anged marriages are not Islamic and are not found in the Quran.

They are a pre-Islamic cultural practice in SOME muslim countries.

Thankies, Sunni Man. I appreciate being able to ask questions of you.

Next time you see a muslim women; just stop her and engage her in a conversation about her life and her religion.

Big gap in Privilege between Wife #1 and wife #4 Suni, from what I see in Queens. Thats a Polygamy thing more than a Religious thing, I'll grant you that. #4 will pretty much get the shit chores, and everything else, being at the bottom of the pecking order.

Have you ever noticed the similarities between Mosaic Law and Hammurabi"s Code Sunni??? I think Pharaoh raised Moses well. Huh. I bet his tutors were non union. ;)

Big gap in Privilege between Wife #1 and wife #4 Suni, from what I see in Queens. Thats a Polygamy thing more than a Religious thing, I'll grant you that. #4 will pretty much get the shit chores, and everything else, being at the bottom of the pecking order.

In Islam, the Prophet Muhammad's example and instructions were quite clear on this matter.

A muslim man is to treat his wives EXACTLY the same and provide for them EXACTLY the same.

Buy one a coat or jewelry. You have to buy the other wives an equal coat and jewelry.

Any deviation from this is unIslamic and against the Sunnah (teachings) of the Prophet.

Also, in all of the plural marriages that I am aware of.

The wives have their own separate homes and children and do not share any chores with the other wives.

Have you ever noticed the similarities between Mosaic Law and Hammurabi"s Code Sunni??? I think Pharaoh raised Moses well. Huh. I bet his tutors were non union. ;)
LOL was going to pos rep you but was out of reo!!! :eusa_angel:

Hahahaha....I pos repped him, Sunni Man. It is so nice to be able to discuss Islam without hysterics for once.

Gunny, I agree with you. This Muslim religion teaches it's people to lie to the infidels, and also if they will not agree to become one of them.......to go ahead and cut the head off the infidel.......so the question is....does this religion belong in AMERICA?

Gunny, I agree with you. This Muslim religion teaches it's people to lie to the infidels, and also if they will not agree to become one of them.......to go ahead and cut the head off the infidel.......so the question is....does this religion belong in AMERICA?
Son, I think your are a little late with that question.

There are already 7 million Muslims in America and most are U.S. citizens. :cool:

The events of 911 were attacks on me, too, for being an American, and a betrayal on me, as well, by the individuals who claim to be my brothers in Islam. They were not any Muslims I know, and I can’t imagine what level of hatred would bring a person to commit such acts of total destruction. I didn’t “come here” to take over America. My family has been here since before America. They had a hand in the founding of America.

I will not leave. I have nowhere else to go. The only people who can legitimately tell me I don’t belong here are the native peoples of these continents, but not because I am Muslim, but because, like most Americans, I am not native to this land.

If my fellow Americans are against me for being Muslim, then they are against everything that I am, because I am a free American in a land of religious freedoms, who chose to exercise my right to “Freedom of Religion”. I chose Islam freely, independently, and privately. I was never coerced, or brainwashed. When I chose to submit my will to the will of the God of Abraham, I did so peacefully, calmly, and mindfully. It was by no whim, and it was not at the sharp end of a sword.

This is what I am.

This is What I am | Grove Report

A really beautiful piece. Please read.

unfortunately, Muslims are given the go-ahead to lie in order to advance their cause. Also unfortunately, the rest of the world knows it. So you will excuse me if I take anything and everything uttered by a Muslim who claims that all they are is Muslim with a grain of salt, and throw it out with the bathwater.

Allie, what major religion blessing lying of any sort? How do you expect to gain any insight into Islam if you discount anything you may learn about it from a Muslim? Should we just listen to RGS rant and rave?

Forum List

Back