This Is What I Am: A Muslim American Explains

Ask this one...

stoning.jpg

The West, Islam and Sharia: Muslims Lying About Islamic Atrocities

Death by stoning is an atrocity, Pale. I don't believe Kalam or Sunni Man endorse it....and murder is illegal in the US.

Muslim, including Kalam, state they answer only to Allah and are not obligated to observe the law if it does not jibe with the Koran.

I have never seen Kalam say any such thing, Allie. Have a link?

I grew up in a Death Penalty state.

I believe in Law and Order

And fully support the Death Penalty being carried out for certain crimes.

Heck, China carries out about 10,000 executions per year.

Their country, their laws, their business.

Why should it be any of our concern?

You may feel that way, Sunni Man but I do not. I protested apartheid in South Africa and would happily protest to end execution by stoning in Iran. Some things are just w-r-o-n-g.

Gunny, I agree with you. This Muslim religion teaches it's people to lie to the infidels, and also if they will not agree to become one of them.......to go ahead and cut the head off the infidel.......so the question is....does this religion belong in AMERICA?

How exactly did you come to learn the Koran teaches Muslims to lie to infidels? From Glen Beck, the hysterical right-wing Mormon? Use your goddamned head...what major religion has EVER approved of lying?

Frankly I'd like to boot christianity out of the US but I can't...you have the right to practice whatever beliefs you choose in this country. If you don't like that, you should be the one to leave, not American Muslims.

Do a bit of independent research, Michael. The site I have linked below is generally well-respected.

Comparing and contrasting Christianity and Islam

jew-christian-islam-muslim-judaism.jpg

You may feel that way, Sunni Man but I do not. I protested apartheid in South Africa and would happily protest to end execution by stoning in Iran. Some things are just w-r-o-n-g.

Then I can assume that you are protesting the apartheid and genocide of Israel against the Palestinian people?

Sunni Man, I am not an expert on the Middle East. News about war makes me cry and I admit, I avoid it. I am vaguely aware things are extremely tense over there right now, and I hope the voices of reason are heard, but beyond that I'm not really equipped to discuss it. However, I doubt anything could ever take away my love of Israel...and the plight of Palestinians will not do so.

Gunny, I agree with you. This Muslim religion teaches it's people to lie to the infidels, and also if they will not agree to become one of them.......to go ahead and cut the head off the infidel.......so the question is....does this religion belong in AMERICA?

How exactly did you come to learn the Koran teaches Muslims to lie to infidels? From Glen Beck, the hysterical right-wing Mormon? Use your goddamned head...what major religion has EVER approved of lying?

Islam

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:
Allah's Apostle said, "Who is willing to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?" The Prophet said, "Yes," Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, "You may say it." ... (Sahih al-Bukhari 5.369, cf. the article on Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf for further details)

Use your goddamned head...what major religion has EVER approved of stealing ?
mr-fitnah-albums-avy-picture1871-street-gang-islam.jpg

Use your goddamned head...what major religion has EVER had a "prophet who was a thief and a terrorist ?
mr-fitnah-albums-avy-picture1870-street-gang.jpg

Sunni Man, I am not an expert on the Middle East. News about war makes me cry and I admit, I avoid it. I am vaguely aware things are extremely tense over there right now, and I hope the voices of reason are heard, but beyond that I'm not really equipped to discuss it. However, I doubt anything could ever take away my love of Israel...and the plight of Palestinians will not do so.
Fair enough Madeline.

But let be make you aware of one thing.

When the whole world was boycotting S. Africa for it's apartheid policies.

The ONLY country that still traded with, supported politically, and sold weapons to S Africa, was the nation of Israel.

That's why many African American are bitter to this day towards Israel.

abusemuslimwomen.png

Muslims are not alone in subjugating women, Pale. Orthodox Jews do it; the RCC does it, most of christianity does it.

Exactly WTF do you want me to do about it? I work my magic when I can, but I am not Superwoman.

I wasn't aware jews stoned women to death, shot their daughter for honor killing or beat women like cattle. In any case, this thread is about muslims.

And I don't expect you do to anything about it, but at least recognize all the aspects and don't act like islam is this warm and fuzzy, group hug, lets all hold hands and sing kumbaya, peaceful religion, because it's not. One woman, who nobody really knows anything about, writes some off the wall fluff piece, and you want to throw it at us like that's going to make the world believe islam is all OK now. Well it doesn't work that way. Because you no more than roll that out and we hear of new terrorist plots to kill thousands of more innocent people around the world by MUSLIMS, JIHADISTS, ISLAMISTS. Get it?

I have no doubt Jews stoned women to death 5,000 years ago, Pale. I'm not blind to the danger of allowing Middle Eastern people to emigrate here, and I'm not made uncomfy by racial profiling. BUT I also think an American is an American. American Muslims are as entitled to their rights as I am or you are.

There are likely tenets of the Islamic religion that would give me pause, just as there are with other religions. I'm not at all happy with the homophobia. But people have the right -- RIGHT -- to believe as they wish. Our laws condemn certain acts, but not the thought alone.

I'm gonna say this again -- I'm not willing to watch my nation set up internment camps and engage in forced deportations again. I'm willing to tolerate the risks of an open society because freedom means a great deal to me and I firmly believe none of us has any more freedom than the least free of all of us. You wanna piss away 200 years of culture over hysteria, be my guest -- but don't ride me because I won't join you.

That's not what I'm doing Madie, and you know it. I thought your post above was well thought out and reasonable. Just so long as you keep one eye on the bad as well as the good, I'm satisfied. No real need to add the hyperbole on the end of your post like you did.

Mr. Fitnah, I have done a little digging and admit, I am confused. It seems there may be something to what you have written...tenets of Islam called "taqiyya" and "kitman". But I cannot find a search function on religioustolerance.org and I distrust unknown sites as to Islam.

I don't know what the words mean, but just for starters, is there nothing like the Ten Commandments in Islam?

Mr. Fitnah, I have done a little digging and admit, I am confused. It seems there may be something to what you have written...tenets of Islam called "taqiyya" and "kitman". But I cannot find a search function on religioustolerance.org and I distrust unknown sites as to Islam.

I don't know what the words mean, but just for starters, is there nothing like the Ten Commandments in Islam?

taqiyya - Google Search

10 commandments in islam are not exactly the same as in Judaism as shown through the prior post , that sanctifies murder theft and lying.

Im not certain a site called religious tolerance is the best place to search for truth.In anycase the search function in in the middle of the from home page.

Having scanned the Islam section I find the site suitable for children who do not have any interst in facts.
not for a serious student of Islam , It has an essay by Cair spokes person E Hooper.

Last edited:

taqiyya - Google Search

10 commandments in islam are not exactly the same as in Judaism as shown through the prior post , that sanctifies murder theft and lying.

Im not certain a site called religious tolerance is the best place to search for truth.In anycase the search function in in the middle of the from home page.

religioustolerance.org is a Canadian site that I have used before to learn about Judaism or Buddism....followers of those faiths have assured me what I read was correct, so I trust it. There is so much anti-Islam hysteria (not to mention, every other person now claims to be an expert on Islam) and so I don't rely on unknown sites.

Very few christian sects have a ban on killing in some circumstances, Mr. Fitnah. I'll admit, the part about bounty seems to have no correlary (although clearly it is blessed; the RCC certainly has some stolen goods). I just would like some sort of context, please?

There is only one what to learn and be sure you are not being lied to .
read the quran
English Translation of The Noble Quran - NobleQuran.com
Compared Translations of the meaning of the Quran
read it in order
Chronological Order of the Quran - WikiIslam
Because of Ulum al Qur'an - AL-NASIKH WA AL-MANSUKH- SunniPath Library - Books

Read it with a trusted tafsir open
Tafsir (Arabic: تفسير‎, tafsīr, "interpretation") is the Arabic word for exegesis or commentary, usually of the Qur'an.
This tafsir is widely respected in includes the tradtions (hadith ) to help explain the Quran.
Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir

study questions and answers other people have asked look up the scripture they refer to in the answers.

Islam Question and Answer - Was Islam spread by the sword?
Ask-Imam.com [5115] Plz tell me about Osama bin ladin and Taliban
IslamOnline.net- Islamic News, Shari'ah, Society, Family, Culture, Science, Youth, and Health

Well, Kalam? Does Islam have something analogous to the Ten Commandments?

Islam includes an extensive body of sacred law governing all aspects of life; I'm not sure if it's comparable to any other religion in this respect.

Fitnah is a failure at life whose pathological hatred of Islam was developed in an attempt to inject meaning into his insignificant existence. He is unhappy and distracts himself from his own mental issues by spreading lies about a religion he doesn't understand; he personally doesn't really know very much, which is why his posts consist mostly of material copied from elsewhere. He only uses "scholarly resources" that affirm his ignorant preconceptions. You'll notice that nearly all of his nonsense comes from Saudi sources, including the wildly inaccurate Qur'an translation he uses and the "Shaykh" whose opinions he copies. Of course, he has no knowledge of Arabic whatsoever. We can only pray for him and hope that he is able to overcome his severe mental deficiencies. :eusa_pray:

Stoning was the standard form of execution in the Bible

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

Sunni Man, I'm not Biblical scholar but many dispute that interpretation. You know the Bible also says King David had a homosexual lover?

So what does Islam -- as you understand it -- teach about women and gays? If it's okay to ask...I'm not trying to hound you here. If you'd rather not answer, that's alright. I know USMB is not the most hospitable environment for Muslims.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1864112-post1357.html

Forum List

Back