This Is Israel...

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
Israeli forces hold Palestinian-American teenager

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israeli forces have been holding a Palestinian-American teenager in a military lockup for nearly a week after bursting into his family home and arresting him in an overnight raid for allegedly hurling rocks at Israeli motorists in the West Bank, his father said on Thursday.

The case highlights Israel's system of military detention for Palestinian minors, which has been frequently criticized, most recently by the U.N. which said in March that an in-depth study showed it systematically and gravely violated their rights.

The Palestinian-American boy's father, Abdelwahab Khalek, said his 14-year-old son Mohammad was taken into custody early last Friday morning by eight assault-rifle wielding soldiers. They shackled and blindfolded his son as his five siblings watched, he said.

The military said Mohammad hurled rocks at Israeli vehicles that were speeding down a nearby highway and at military jeeps on several occasions. The military said there has been a spike in rock-throwing attacks on drivers, including an incident in early April, when rocks thrown at a civilian car next to a Jewish settlement injured seven, including an infant who was critically wounded.

The military confirmed the arrest and said his detention was extended until Sunday.

Khalek, a car dealer who splits his time between the West Bank and New Orleans, hasn't been allowed to visit his son in jail. But he has spoken to him at three court hearings, most recently when Mohammad was officially charged on Thursday.

Mohammad's lawyer, Randa Wahbe, said he told her in court that he was interrogated for hours and at one stage, was pushed so hard that his dental braces were broken. She says he was told by interrogators that if he confessed to rock throwing quickly, he would be released. A military spokesman said no complaints of abuse were filed.

"He appears okay, he's a strong kid," said his 46-year-old father. "But there is no law in the world that justifies the way (Israeli forces) acted."

American consular officials declined comment.

"Unfortunately this case is symptomatic of the Israeli military's abusive treatment of Palestinian children in detention," said Bill Van Esveld of the New York-based rights group Human Rights Watch.

Rights group Defense of Children International says there were 236 minors in Israel military detention in February, 39 of them between the ages of 12 to 15. The group said it receives its numbers from Israel's prison authority.

Why is this not terrorism?

A.I.P.A.C. has friends in the Mass Media and incredible money contributions to the Worlds only Military SuperPower, America, and control's its Politicians with these weapons.

Last edited:
Israeli forces hold Palestinian-American teenager

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israeli forces have been holding a Palestinian-American teenager in a military lockup for nearly a week after bursting into his family home and arresting him in an overnight raid for allegedly hurling rocks at Israeli motorists in the West Bank, his father said on Thursday.

The case highlights Israel's system of military detention for Palestinian minors, which has been frequently criticized, most recently by the U.N. which said in March that an in-depth study showed it systematically and gravely violated their rights.

The Palestinian-American boy's father, Abdelwahab Khalek, said his 14-year-old son Mohammad was taken into custody early last Friday morning by eight assault-rifle wielding soldiers. They shackled and blindfolded his son as his five siblings watched, he said.

The military said Mohammad hurled rocks at Israeli vehicles that were speeding down a nearby highway and at military jeeps on several occasions. The military said there has been a spike in rock-throwing attacks on drivers, including an incident in early April, when rocks thrown at a civilian car next to a Jewish settlement injured seven, including an infant who was critically wounded.

The military confirmed the arrest and said his detention was extended until Sunday.

Khalek, a car dealer who splits his time between the West Bank and New Orleans, hasn't been allowed to visit his son in jail. But he has spoken to him at three court hearings, most recently when Mohammad was officially charged on Thursday.

Mohammad's lawyer, Randa Wahbe, said he told her in court that he was interrogated for hours and at one stage, was pushed so hard that his dental braces were broken. She says he was told by interrogators that if he confessed to rock throwing quickly, he would be released. A military spokesman said no complaints of abuse were filed.

"He appears okay, he's a strong kid," said his 46-year-old father. "But there is no law in the world that justifies the way (Israeli forces) acted."

American consular officials declined comment.

"Unfortunately this case is symptomatic of the Israeli military's abusive treatment of Palestinian children in detention," said Bill Van Esveld of the New York-based rights group Human Rights Watch.

Rights group Defense of Children International says there were 236 minors in Israel military detention in February, 39 of them between the ages of 12 to 15. The group said it receives its numbers from Israel's prison authority.

Rocks hurled at passing drivers can cause them to skid and crash, possibly resulting in fatal accidents. Haven't any of you ever driven a car?

A.I.P.A.C. has friends in the Mass Media and incredible money contributions to the Worlds only Military SuperPower, America, and control's its Politicians with these weapons.

When a person's "reason" consists of parroting propaganda a la Henry Ford, Phil - that generally suggestive that their 'concern' is motivated by some form of Jew-hatred, rather than any 'humanitarian' motives.

I for one doubt the sincerity of your concern for 'Palestinian-Americans' or 'Palestinians'. And where are your cries that this family must not be loyal Americans since they have dual citizenship?

It isn't 'terrorism' because there is evidence the dear little boy (as I'm sure you'll portray him even if he's 6' tall and 'ripped'....) had been spotted tossing rocks at cars. We all know WHY that's illegal in most countries - don't we?

Seems to me that someone is playing a very cynical game here with this kid and others like him: I bet he was dared or bullied into participating, by some older boys who had the idea to get him in hot water just to see if his being an American citizen could cause harm to US/Israeli relations.

Shall we all speculate on what this young alleged vandal would be facing in any OTHER nation in the region?

Palestinian-American boy, 14, locked up in Israeli military jail

by Alex Kane on April 11, 2013

A Palestinian was arrested last week for allegedly throwing stones and is being held in an Israeli jail, a mundane and daily occurrence in the occupied West Bank. But this case has made headlines--and it’s because the Palestinian is a 14-year-old who also has American citizenship. New Orleans-born Mohammed Khalek was taken from his home last week by eight rifle-toting Israeli soldiers. He’s accused of throwing stones at Israeli cars near Silwad, northeast of Ramallah. Khalek has yet to be charged, and his detention has been extended until April 14. Addameer advocacy officer Randa Wahbe told Haaretz that Khlaek “was told by interrogators that if he confessed to rock throwing quickly, he would be released.” Khalek’s case has garnered coverage in the Associated Press and Reuters. The media outlets are highlighting how Khalek’s case is an example of Palestinian children routinely being locked up in Israeli military jails. Reuters’ Noah Browning reports that Khalek appeared in jail with “his ankles shackled together just above his running shoes.” Browning also reports that the boy’s father, Abdulwahab Khalek, said that Mohammed “was maltreated and had his braces broken from his teeth during the course of his arrest in the early hours of April 5.”

“The Israeli military's treatment of Mohammed Khalak is appalling and all too common,” Human Rights Watch’s Bill Van Esveld told Reuters. “There's no justification for ... shackling him for 12 hours and interrogating him while refusing to let him see his father or a lawyer.” The Associated Press story notes that a United Nations report recently castigated the Israeli military for its abuses of the rights of Palestinian children. 700 Palestinian children a year are arrested by the Israeli military, according to UNICEF. Here’s more from the report: Ill-treatment of Palestinian children in the Israeli military detention system appears to be widespread, systematic and institutionalized...The pattern of ill-treatment includes the arrests of children at their homes between midnight and 5:00 am by heavily armed soldiers; the practice of blindfolding children and tying their hands with plastic ties; physical and verbal abuse during transfer to an interrogation site, including the use of painful restraints; lack of access to water, food, toilet facilities and medical care; interrogation using physical violence and threats; coerced confessions; and lack of access to lawyers or family members during interrogation. Treatment inconsistent with child rights continues during court appearances, including shackling of children; denial of bail and imposition of custodial sentences; and transfer of children outside occupied Palestinian territory to serve their sentences inside Israel. The incarceration isolates them from their families and interrupts their studies. These practices are in violation of international law that protects all children against ill-treatment when in contact with law enforcement, military and judicial institutions. The boy’s father lashed out at the American government’s response to his son’s arrest in an interview with Reuters. “The U.S. government is obligated to do something for us, but it doesn't even care. They've lost the issue somewhere in their back pocket,” he told the news outlet

Khalek.jpg

http://mondoweiss.net/2013/04/palestinian-american-military.html

Sherri

Last edited:
US is Silent on Palestinian-American Child Held in Israeli Military Lockup Since Last Week

by Rania Khalek on April 11, 2013

The Associated Press reports that a 14-year-old Palestinian-American boy has been held in Israeli military lockup since last week after Israeli soldiers “burst[ed] into his family home and arrest[ed] him in an overnight raid for allegedly hurling rocks at Israeli motorists in the West Bank.”

"The boy’s father, Abdelwahab Khalek, said his 14-year-old son Mohammad was taken into custody early last Friday morning by eight assault-rifle wielding soldiers. They shackled and blindfolded his son as his five siblings watched, he said. The military said Mohammad hurled rocks at Israeli vehicles that were speeding down a nearby highway and at military jeeps on several occasions. The military said there has been a spike in rock-throwing attacks on drivers, including an incident in early April, when rocks thrown at a civilian car next to a Jewish settlement injured seven, including an infant who was critically wounded. The military confirmed the arrest and said his detention was extended until Sunday. Khalek, a car dealer who splits his time between the West Bank and New Orleans, hasn’t been allowed to visit his son in jail. But he has spoken to him at three court hearings, most recently when Mohammad was officially charged on Thursday. Mohammad’s lawyer, Randa Wahbe, said he told her in court that he was interrogated for hours and at one stage, was pushed so hard that his dental braces were broken. She says he was told by interrogators that if he confessed to rock throwing quickly, he would be released. A military spokesman said no complaints of abuse were filed. “He appears okay, he’s a strong kid,” said his 46-year-old father. “But there is no law in the world that justifies the way (Israeli forces) acted.” In typical fashion, “American consular officials declined comment”, says the AP.

US is Silent on Palestinian-American Child Held in Israeli Military Lockup Since Last Week | Dispatches from the Underclass

Which part is terrorism? Hurling big rocks at people's heads, or vehicles, or preventing the animal from doing it?

What would they do to you here in the US if law enforcement caught you throwing rocks at people or motorists?

Last edited:
Which part is terrorism? Hurling big rocks at people's heads, or vehicles, or preventing the animal from doing it?

What would they do to you here in the US if law enforcement caught you throwing rocks at people or motorists?

I agree with you, rock throwing is wrong and should be punished in a court by the Occupation for Justice...However Minors should not have their teeth smashed or threatened by interrogators...

Israel because of this occupation is forced to act harshly in a self-fulfilling prophesy which can only get worse.

I agree with you, rock throwing is wrong and should be punished in a court by the Occupation for Justice...However Minors should not have their teeth smashed or threatened by interrogators...

Israel because of this occupation is forced to act harshly in a self-fulfilling prophesy which can only get worse.
Hah? Minors here in the US belong in gangs and carry out shootings, robberies, and murder. If a 14 year old punk walked up throwing a rock at me or my family, you bet your ass I would smash his teeth in.

Last edited:
The fact of that matter is, BOTH sides need to stop attacking each other ! Jewish extremists and Arab extremists are the biggest obstacle to peace, in my opinion !

Hah? Minors here in the US belong in gangs and carry out shootings, robberies, and murder. If a 14 year old punk walked up throwing a rock at me or my family, you bet your ass I would smash his teeth in.

We agree again…I’d do more than knock their teeth out in Self Defense but not as a Policeman interrogating a suspect, especially a minor.

Israel is becoming a Tyrannical Occupier.

That's different than a Prisoner being harmed while in custody.

We agree again…I’d do more than knock their teeth out in Self Defense but not as a Policeman interrogating a suspect, especially a minor.

But pee balls, all your stupid article said was that Israeli soldiers arrested the animal. No "teeth bashing" or other bullshit you added yourself to it. Arresting is not "abuse".

"The Palestinian-American boy's father, Abdelwahab Khalek, said his 14-year-old son Mohammad was taken into custody early last Friday morning by eight assault-rifle wielding soldiers."

Ha ha ha. Wow.

But pee balls, all your stupid article said was that Israeli soldiers arrested the animal. No "teeth bashing" or other bullshit you added yourself to it. Arresting is not "abuse".

"The Palestinian-American boy's father, Abdelwahab Khalek, said his 14-year-old son Mohammad was taken into custody early last Friday morning by eight assault-rifle wielding soldiers."

Ha ha ha. Wow.

What do you expect from Pbel?? The propaganda king !

His "attorney" will of course claim Israeli abuse. Problem with Palestinians is, they encourage this kind of behavior, pouring gasoline on the flame. So you will have more incidents like this.

His "attorney" will of course claim Israeli abuse. Problem with Palestinians is, they encourage this kind of behavior, pouring gasoline on the flame. So you will have more incidents like this.

How do you explain the broken braces in interrogation? The long-term effect is continued hate and no peace.

That's what injustice produces.

Forum List

Back