This is genius...

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
I have a fuel vapor leak some place I can't find. I'm supposed to drop it off at the shop this week to hit it with a smoke machine because I dontl have a smoke machine.

But...I just saw this. And I already have that little pump.

Just have to go buy me a cee gar..

I have a fuel vapor leak some place I can't find. I'm supposed to drop it off at the shop this week to hit it with a smoke machine because I dontl have a smoke machine.

If it is a Chrysler product, it is the rubber hoses that connect the fuel lines underneath. Took the dealer at least 5 attempts to find it, because their tester kept saying it was the fuel cap not being tight enough. After new fuel caps, they lifted the car looked underneath and that wonderful ethanol ate through the rubber....

If it is a Chrysler product, it is the rubber hoses that connect the fuel lines underneath. Took the dealer at least 5 attempts to find it, because their tester kept saying it was the fuel cap not being tight enough. After new fuel caps, they lifted the car looked underneath and that wonderful ethanol ate through the rubber....

It's a Chevy. But has the same scenario you mentioned with the rubber hoses connecting the steel lines. 5 of em in my case.

I replaced all of the rubber hoses connecting those steel lines a few days ago, even though they all looked good. Also changed all of the charcoal canister hoses while I was at it. Even though they also all looked good.

But, yeah, that ethanol messes up stuff. It's getting harder to find ethanol free fuel, too.

It's a Chevy. But has the same scenario you mentioned with the rubber hoses connecting the steel lines. 5 of em in my case.

I replaced all of the rubber hoses connecting those steel lines a few days ago, even though they all looked good. Also changed all of the charcoal canister hoses while I was at it. Even though they also all looked good.

But, yeah, that ethanol messes up stuff. It's getting harder to find ethanol free fuel, too.
Have you checked the fuel cap?

Have you checked the fuel cap?

Yeah, I replaced that, too.

I didn't put o-rings on the fuel filter when I replaced that last year, though. Can't see how that would result in the system not holding any pressure at all, though.

Fuel would be blowing out of it driving down the road. And the car drives fine. Not losing any fuel either.

Just not passing the pressure test for some reason...

Coulda just gone down to the quick stop and hired a couple stoners for 10 bucks !

Did the smoke test....Turns out the car needs a new fuel tank....5+ hrs R&I. :cranky:

That was it, man.

I just installed that thing a couple of years back, too.

The new aftermarket one didn't have a bladder inside of it like the original one did, unfortunately.

A seam on top of the tank isn't good. Probably made in China where QC is worth a crap.

Dunno if it's still under warranty or not, but either way the entire rear end of the car has to come off to replace it. Again.

This isn't mine, it's a picture of someone elses earlier model, but it's exactly how it comes out once all of the rear body is removed, sub-frame and all...

48198185d1503246104-product-review-liland-c4-gas-tank-tank2.jpg

Last edited:
That was was it, man.

I just installed that thing a couple of years back, too.

The new aftermarket one didn't have a bladder inside of it it like the original one did, unfortunately.

A seam on top of the tank isn't good. Probably made in China where QC is worth a crap.

Dunno if it's stil under warranty or not, but either way the entire rear end of the car has to come off to replace it. Again...
Going to replace the fuel pump too....Not going to risk the possibility of another such R&I expenditure for a $100 part.

Time-wise, If I still drank I'd say say it'll take...oh...about a hundred beers.

It's a heck of a convoluted way to drop a fuel tank, ain't it?

IMG_6880 copy.jpg
IMG_6926.jpg

IMG_6881.jpg

IMG_6882.jpg

IMG_6888.jpg

IMG_6950.jpg

IMG_6959 (1).jpg

IMG_6963.jpg

Crazy...

Forum List

Back