THIS is exactly why our America economy is failing due to Free Market Capitalistas

Being that my friend is a project manager for China Construction American Co....they do employ American Citizens for projects here in the states

Too bad so sad.

You want to price gouge with union labor, you can continue to lose contracts.

price gouge with labor.. NOW the preservation of the American standard of living is PRICE GOUGING!

:rofl:

indeed, clearly we should be happy to live like a chinese pauper. Running water and microwaves are FOR THE UPPER CLASS, prolatariat!

:thup:

China State Construction nets $100m US subway deal

China State Construction Engineering Corp, the largest contractor in China, has bagged a subway ventilation project worth about $100 million in New York's Manhattan area, marking the construction giant's third order in the United States' infrastructure space this year.

The contract was given to China Construction American Co, a subsidiary, the Wall Street Journal quoted a source as saying.

"The new project, along with the $410-million Hamilton Bridge project and a $1.7-billion entertainment project it won earlier this year, signals China State Construction's ambition to tap the American construction market," said Li Zhirui, an industry analyst at First Capital Securities.

Li, however, said the order came as no surprise as the US government is spending massively on infrastructure projects.

The three orders only account for about 4 percent of the value of its total orders this year, Li added.

In the first three quarters of this year, the Chinese construction giant signed more than $2 billion worth of contracts in the US market. China State Construction was also the contractor for a high school, a railway station and the Chinese embassy in the US.

China State Construction nets $100m US subway deal

Free Market capitalism or Chinese ass kissing ? .....

Indeed. It's fun to watch all the WSJ capitalistas crawling in bed with commie china for the sake of undermining America's economic situation. Probably not so much fun for the AMERICAN LABOR whose standard of living is, apparently, not as cheap as a chinese pauper and, therefor, not worth supporting.

yet... someone should blame obama for loss of jobs and hemorrhaging unemployment.

Piss on you for making me defend this fuck, but i feel for Obama here, he is in a catch 22. He can't piss off the Chinese ( who have almost become our lending institution ) or the unions ( who played a big part in getting his ass elected ).

Being that my friend is a project manager for China Construction American Co....they do employ American Citizens for projects here in the states

sure... at wages marginally reflective of the American standard of living. You might as well have just said that a wal mart cashier replacement job is a benefit of job creation via one-sided imports.

Don't let the facts get in the way of another patented economically ignorant populist rant by the soggy one. :rolleyes:

Go tell it to the unemployed AMERICANS who get to skip gift giving this year because a standard of living for AMERICA is too expensive while there is pauper labor in china that is much, much cheaper.

if only the US could be more like.. .uh.. indonesia..

Protectionism on Rise in 17 of the G20 — World Bank Report - Real Time Economics - WSJ

actually he does quite well for himself living int he most expensive city in the country.

The company that the contract went to is a US Subsidiary of China Construction of Bejing.

They use local suppliers and workers for their projects.

At the end of the day, this is just a contract awarded to "MegaCorp A", as opposed to "Megacorp B"

And I am pretty sure a US Subsidiary company will still pay US taxes.

And all this money is coming from blessed TARP/Stimulus money

Don't let the facts get in the way of another patented economically ignorant populist rant by the soggy one. :rolleyes:

Go tell it to the unemployed AMERICANS who get to skip gift giving this year because a standard of living for AMERICA is too expensive while there is pauper labor in china that is much, much cheaper.

Protectionism on Rise in 17 of the G20 — World Bank Report - Real Time Economics - WSJ

If you are looking to get an argument from me that things are expensive here int he states....you aren't.

We are an expensive country...this isn't new.

However, 10.2% unemployment and U-6 Numbers of close to 18% unemployment don't exactly help the problem

actually he does quite well for himself living int he most expensive city in the country.

The company that the contract went to is a US Subsidiary of China Construction of Bejing.

They use local suppliers and workers for their projects.

At the end of the day, this is just a contract awarded to "MegaCorp A", as opposed to "Megacorp B"

And I am pretty sure a US Subsidiary company will still pay US taxes.

And all this money is coming from blessed TARP/Stimulus money

by way of inherently lower wages for the employees involved. I Know I KNOW.. we Americans should be THANKFUL that Honda builds a factory in the US paying 8.oo/hour as opposed to all those evil union jobs that were economically stable for all those years. Hell, who WOULDNT want to earn as much as a chinese pauper whose wages are directly normalizing the American standard of living?

sheesh... you people blame unions while trying to figure out why Americans can't buy houses and pay their credit bills on 8.00/hr employment. Meanwhile, selling out the US continues to work out for everyone! oh.. wait..

If you are looking to get an argument from me that things are expensive here int he states....you aren't.

We are an expensive country...this isn't new.

However, 10.2% unemployment and U-6 Numbers of close to 18% unemployment don't exactly help the problem

oh well hey.. let's throw minimum wage jobs at them and expect them to be content! After all, a high standard of living in the US is a HORRIBLE thing. If a chinese pauper can't afford an xbox then why should an AMERICAN, right?

This isn't a matter of expense in relation to the national standard of living that is being undermined. Our greatest generation wasn't interested in globalized bullshit when it was going to cost American's their jobs and standard of living. Indeed, it's why we see the rise of protectionism against countries, LIKE CHINA, who willfully export to us way more than they import from us.

but, don't let Dude see that I mentioned minimum wages... that's another stop on the WSJ train to economic hell. Clearly, American's should be happy to work all day for a bowl of RICE. and LIKE IT.

Prosperity through lower wages.

What a great idea!

I mean when you think about it, aren't wages a sort of tax on the wealthy anyway?

What a great idea!

I mean when you think about it, aren't wages a sort of tax on the wealthy anyway?

no shit. Next thing you know we'll be hearing about how OSHA drives up the market price and restrictions on child labor is why the US loses domestic contracts.

:cuckoo:

and, AGAIN, these are the same people who crucify Obama on the cross of the American Economy while fanning the flames of our Hindenburg-like economic descent.

majority of the educated people in this country aren't making 8 bucks an hour

fyi

The entire range of America doesn't consist of educated people. former laborer unemployed because of Chinese contracts probably don't have doctorates or bachelors degrees. This is the glaring flaw in your opinion on globalized econ. Check mate.

:thup:

no shit. Next thing you know we'll be hearing about how OSHA drives up the market price and restrictions on child labor is why the US loses domestic contracts.

and, AGAIN, these are the same people who crucify Obama on the cross of the American Economy while fanning the flames of our Hindenburg-like economic descent.

Did someone say Child Labor?

Think Progress » Business Groups ‘Worried’ About The Effects Of Banning The Importation Of Goods Made With Child Labor

Did someone say Child Labor?

Think Progress » Business Groups ‘Worried’ About The Effects Of Banning The Importation Of Goods Made With Child Labor

go figure..

What a great idea!

scarecrow-wizard-of-oz.jpg

go figure..

But but, they learn the value of a hard day's work by working themselves to death in these factories! They become better people because of it!

It's the same thinking that results in this:

Global warming - Conservapedia

Indeed.. and if those kids lose an arm due to nixed OSHA regulation.. well, a picture of The Scarecrow will suffice for medical coverage! Hell, a CHINESE laboror doesn't need TWO ARMS! Think of how much insurance drives up MARKET PRICES!

:rofl:

Forum List

Back