This Forum Needs to Set an Example

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't start banning racists now, there won't be any leftist posters left to laugh at.
Since they assign "racist" to everyone they disagree with...if they banned them all...the only posters left would be the hand full of paid posters and their socks... fighting with themselves...just like they do in the FZ.

So, you're saying that the staff should ban people you disagree with.
No, he's saying the board should banish the obvious racists to keep more from migrating to the USMB and taking over.........
They can't take over the site. The racists we have here already are generally ignored and/or ridiculed, also likely kept out of social groups. I know I don't invite racists to my own personal group.

Even if he had some sort of point, hating any group or groups of people is not against the rules, so banning people for "being racist" likely won't happen. It's a slippery slope, anyway, as it's just banning people you disagree with.

Yeah except "Hate speech" is in the forum rules when you sign up.

"You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws."
Come on. The New York Times is quoted here often!

I think most of the racists on USMB are phony

They hide behind the anonymity of a Message Board to spew the hate they can't say in public.

Let's be honest. Many are probably mad because a Black person is their boss, they lost a significant other from a relationship to, or some other issue... but simply because the person was Black they make it a race issue when if it were to a White person they wouldn't be saying anything. They are using it as an unhealthy outlet to try and ease their own pain.

The same thing used to happen towards women that men felt were inferior.

So you are making excuses for Black racists then? Nobody should be surprised, you have no problem with Black racists, they're just misunderstood or whatever.

You make this argument without any proof of it. I've said numerous times I don't care for racist from either side. Ban them both, there is no need for them. Of course it is no different from people that wish bad things on people because of their sexual orientation either. :)

So you are saying that if people are anti-LGBTQ they should be put into the same category as Black Supremacists and White Supremacists?

This is what I mean with the slippery slope.

Also I don't think that mega amounts of people from that other forum are going to come to this forum. This is because forums like that other forum are Echo Chambers, they don't want to debate people, they just want people who hold the exact views as they hold and then they all agree with each other.

Wrong. Hate Speech is hate speech regardless of it is because of Race, Color, or sexual orientation. There is no slippery slope to it.

No, he's saying the board should banish the obvious racists to keep more from migrating to the USMB and taking over.........
They can't take over the site. The racists we have here already are generally ignored and/or ridiculed, also likely kept out of social groups. I know I don't invite racists to my own personal group.

Even if he had some sort of point, hating any group or groups of people is not against the rules, so banning people for "being racist" likely won't happen. It's a slippery slope, anyway, as it's just banning people you disagree with.

"You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws."
USMB rules say that? Really?

I think most of the racists on USMB are phony

They hide behind the anonymity of a Message Board to spew the hate they can't say in public.

Let's be honest. Many are probably mad because a Black person is their boss, they lost a significant other from a relationship to, or some other issue... but simply because the person was Black they make it a race issue when if it were to a White person they wouldn't be saying anything. They are using it as an unhealthy outlet to try and ease their own pain.

So you are making excuses for Black racists then? Nobody should be surprised, you have no problem with Black racists, they're just misunderstood or whatever.

You make this argument without any proof of it. I've said numerous times I don't care for racist from either side. Ban them both, there is no need for them. Of course it is no different from people that wish bad things on people because of their sexual orientation either. :)

So you are saying that if people are anti-LGBTQ they should be put into the same category as Black Supremacists and White Supremacists?

Also I don't think that mega amounts of people from that other forum are going to come to this forum. This is because forums like that other forum are Echo Chambers, they don't want to debate people, they just want people who hold the exact views as they hold and then they all agree with each other.

Wrong. Hate Speech is hate speech regardless of it is because of Race, Color, or sexual orientation. There is no slippery slope to it.

Maybe you could point to where in the small print of this forum it says that Lewdog either owns this forum or gets to determine what is allowed to be posted at this forum?

Can you do that Lewdog, can you give everyone the link? Of course you can't, so nobody cares what your definitions of things are, the rules as stated are as long as people are not violating actual forum rules or causing some mass disruption then they can post things.

Westwall already addressed that in his post. I don't think the majority of people here want your type of Politically Correct Fascism, so if you don't like this forum and how it's run, then go somewhere else that caters to the Political Correctness you so desire.

USMB rules say that? Really?
How would I know? I've never read the rules.

Maybe you could point to where in the small print of this forum it says that Lewdog either owns this forum or gets to determine what is allowed to be posted at this forum?

Can you do that Lewdog, can you give everyone the link? Of course you can't, so nobody cares what your definitions of things are, the rules as stated are as long as people are not violating actual forum rules or causing some mass disruption then they can post things.

Westwall already addressed that in his post. I don't think the majority of people here want your type of Politically Correct Fascism, so if you don't like this forum and how it's run, then go somewhere else that caters to the Political Correctness you so desire.

I already provided where it says it in the rules on this forum. Since when is being against Hate Speech, Fascism? Are you that angry of a person that it overwhelms your sense or morality?

I already provided where it says it in the rules on this forum. Since when is being against Hate Speech, Fascism? Are you that angry of a person that it overwhelms your sense or morality?

I asked you to link to where it states you Lewdog run this forum.

You do not own this forum and you are not a moderator.

Westwall already responded to your OP.

I never said I ran this forum, quit building a strawman based on that.

I stated in the rules of the forum that have been here since before joined, backs my stance, in this "Feedback" thread.

Westwall also "agreed" with my OP.

And your posts are quite ironic coming from someone that has told me before they had enough pull with the moderators to get their wishes granted.

Now I'm not going to continue this childish silly argument of your's. Have you ever wondered why the "N" word is censored here? Is it because CK is a fascist in your mind? Is it because of it's connotation as part of Hate Speech and doesn't want members and visitors to be offended by it? Or is it because he doesn't want advertisers to see it? Either way, it's censored for a reason, and it only goes to support my point, there are some words and posts that have no significant value to the forum, and unless the Mods and the owner want this place to be overrun with posters who do that, they need to put a head on a spike at the front gate letting them know this place isn't acceptable to that kind of behavior for them to call home.

I stated in the rules of the forum that have been here since before joined, backs my stance, in this "Feedback" thread.

And your posts are quite ironic coming from someone that has told me before they had enough pull with the moderators to get their wishes granted.

Now I'm not going to continue this childish silly argument of your's. Have you ever wondered why the "N" word is censored here? Is it because CK is a fascist in your mind? Is it because of it's connotation as part of Hate Speech and doesn't want members and visitors to be offended by it? Or is it because he doesn't want advertisers to see it? Either way, it's censored for a reason, and it only goes to support my point, there are some words and posts that have no significant value to the forum, and unless the Mods and the owner want this place to be overrun with posters who do that, they need to put a head on a spike at the front gate letting them know this place isn't acceptable to that kind of behavior for them to call home.
So you are all for free speech, provided that you APPROVE of what is being said. That makes you a fascist, you ignorant twat.

Your OP began with you posting in hysteria fashion about some forum closing and you freaking that those people were all going to come to this forum.

The forum that has closed you seem to have an unusual familiarity with, to the point you knew it had closed when nobody else here did and also you posted how many members that forum has and/or had, again who else here is that familiar with that forum that they'd even know how many members it has and/or had.

People then began to ask where does your definition of Hate Speech stop, who else do you want Censored etc, the slippery slope was mentioned.

People were correct because you went from your OP and then expanded it in typical fashion to fit your Agenda:

upload_2017-8-28_19-57-50.png

So in Lewdog's opinion you would like anyone silenced who also isn't on the LGBTQ Bandwagon.

Sorry Lewdog little Fascists like you are not going to make people support and agree with for instance Transgenderism.

Again you do not own this forum and you are not a moderator.

There also is no reason I can see why this thread even now needs to continue.

No different than what Progressives are doing everywhere.

Some people are terrified of debate and even worse of those who have a different opinion, they want an Echo Chamber where only they who agree 100% on everything are allowed.

That is not the type of world that most people want, it would be very boring and completely pointless to exist in such a world, a situation where everyone had the SAME opinions and there was NO debate.

I can strongly disagree with someone and they strongly disagree with me, but I will defend their RIGHT to have a different opinion and also am willing to have a debate, if it can be kept above descending into vicious type name calling etc.

Hate Speech isn't a debatable subject. When a group simply posts threads full of pseudo-science and hate, there is nothing to discuss, their position will never change, and all they are doing is mucking up the forum. It has nothing to do with wanting people that I don't agree with to be banned. It's about the fact as long as these racist idiots need a new home, once one comes here and is accepted, then like an ant will go back to it's group and tell them all about this new place they can come to and set up shop.

I guarantee that the owner of the forum, the advertisers, or the mods want a forum full of Stormfront refugees.

"Hatespeech" is a UN PC construct that is akin to Orwellian "Newspeak".

The very idea of Hatespeech limits free speech because in essence, it's censorship.

With news that Stormfront was shut down, there is going to be a flood of racists to this forum, one of which has already made theirself well known today, starting like 5 race baiting threads in a matter of hours. If this forum doesn't want to lose a lot of good people from being overrun by these types of people, they are going to need to start making examples of these racists and banning them as fast as possible.
Stormfront was shut down? For real?

Yep their host took it down.

Neo-Nazi website Stormfront forced offline 'by its own host'

...and they had 300,000 registered members as of 2015, thus why I made this thread hoping something could be done to make sure it doesn't get flooded by their rats getting off the sinking ship.

Do you have the actual stats?

The Great Lucy has spoken.

But screw that; Lewdog has a concern and I hope Lucy's right that those scumbags don't come here and I'll insult and pester them to the best of my ability if they do. This place is anything but an echo chamber, that's for sure.

But screw that; Lewdog has a concern and I hope Lucy's right that those scumbags don't come here and I'll insult and pester them to the best of my ability if they do. This place is anything but an echo chamber, that's for sure.

To be sure, some will come here and other forums, and the mods will be quite busy.

However, the team here is really good, and I'm sure they'll handle it in a professional manner.

IMO, this is the best forum on the internet right now.

So many others caved to the Obama PC ideal that's it's not even funny.

In other words, you can't really speak your mind there.

As far as politics forums go:

USMB! USMB! :rock:

There are no hatespeech laws in the US, so you can GFY if you don't like it.

Thank you OldLady darling.

This is precisely what we do not want, this forum to turn into an Echo Chamber, the nice thing about this forum is that it's refreshing for a forum to invite ALL points of view, regardless of religion, politics etc.

Somehow it works and that's without Hardcore Moderation, somehow the forum does not descend into 24/7 arguing and complete chaos, which that it doesn't is amazing and I think the reason for this is because a majority of members do support Free Speech and Free Thought, even when they tell someone to "STFU who cares what you think" :tongue:

To be sure, some will come here and other forums, and the mods will be quite busy.

However, the team here is really good, and I'm sure they'll handle it in a professional manner.

IMO, this is the best forum on the internet right now.

So many others caved to the Obama PC ideal that's it's not even funny.

In other words, you can't really speak your mind there.

As far as politics forums go:

USMB! USMB! :rock:

There are no hatespeech laws in the US, so you can GFY if you don't like it.
In many German forums, politics is a no-go. But its getting better.

So you are all for free speech, provided that you APPROVE of what is being said. That makes you a fascist, you ignorant twat.

Wrong. Not what I said at all. You sure are good at tearing down unsupported arguments that people didn't say.

Your OP began with you posting in hysteria fashion about some forum closing and you freaking that those people were all going to come to this forum.

The forum that has closed you seem to have an unusual familiarity with, to the point you knew it had closed when nobody else here did and also you posted how many members that forum has and/or had, again who else here is that familiar with that forum that they'd even know how many members it has and/or had.

People then began to ask where does your definition of Hate Speech stop, who else do you want Censored etc, the slippery slope was mentioned.

People were correct because you went from your OP and then expanded it in typical fashion to fit your Agenda:

View attachment 146439

So in Lewdog's opinion you would like anyone silenced who also isn't on the LGBTQ Bandwagon.

Sorry Lewdog little Fascists like you are not going to make people support and agree with for instance Transgenderism.

Again you do not own this forum and you are not a moderator.

There also is no reason I can see why this thread even now needs to continue.

You don't have to visit Stormfront to be familiar with it. All you have to do is be observant. I've heard plenty about it here on this forum and in the news.

With news that Stormfront was shut down, there is going to be a flood of racists to this forum, one of which has already made theirself well known today, starting like 5 race baiting threads in a matter of hours. If this forum doesn't want to lose a lot of good people from being overrun by these types of people, they are going to need to start making examples of these racists and banning them as fast as possible.
Stormfront was shut down? For real?

Yep their host took it down.

Neo-Nazi website Stormfront forced offline 'by its own host'

...and they had 300,000 registered members as of 2015, thus why I made this thread hoping something could be done to make sure it doesn't get flooded by their rats getting off the sinking ship.

Do you have the actual stats?

The stats were quoted from the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back