This could be the straw that breaks the camels back...

Trump did the right thing by killing Soleimani and making it clear that he will respond to any further Iranian aggression.

BUT, Trump also needs to follow U.S. law. He should have notified Congress in accordance with the War powers act.

He should work with Congress when devising a strategy for Iran and should get Congressional approval.

THAT is good strategy. If Iran sees that the President and Congress are working together the Iranians will know that they're screwed and they'll get in line.

If all they see is a president that ignores U.S. law and does not have the support of Congress, they'll see him as weak and ineffective....only a matter of time before he's gone.

Maybe Trump should actually DO HIS JOB THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DONE!

Sure, Trump is going to tell the Democrats anything. The same party of people that warn illegals when ICE is coming to their city or state, or how the NYT gets all their information from anonymous sources, the same people who are trying to get him out of office now.

No problem when Ears did the exact same thing Trump is doing today, just like the Democrats had no problem when Ears refused to turn over documents to Congress, or his VP not only did an actual quid pro quo, but bragged about it.

The camel is Pelosi.....no need to say more. Send her back to Frisco to shovel shit.

Pelosi announces war powers resolution as tensions with Iran escalate

I have a sneaking hunch that a careful read of the constitution would render her latest bullshit stunt just that, only so much bullshit.
the war powers resolution was created near 20 years ago, for the 9/11 mission....
WHY in the world would you be against revisiting an endless war resolution that can't possibly have the same mission and goal, near 20 years later?

Congress should review it, create a new one if necessary that meets the crisis or mission of today, and not yesterday.... Congress needs to do their job, and represent us, with what the founders gave them as their job to do..... oversee this stuff....

they can still hand it over to the president to run the show, if they so choose, with another resolution....but this 20 year old crud, and still using it without congress even doing a good review of it, or setting up new resolution missions, has got to stop!

Funny. I don't recall your concern about it during the 8 years of Hussein. On the left......silence. It wasn't a problem when DumBama did it, but now that Trump is, it's a real problem that Congress needs to address.

The camel is Pelosi.....no need to say more. Send her back to Frisco to shovel shit.

After reading this morning that (1) we have flatly refused to leave Iraq as they have voted, and (2) that Trump is doubling down on targeting cultural sites if Iran retaliates....
it seems to me that Congress can make all the resolutions they want. NO one is going to pay any attention to it.
It was a non binding vote, that was for show by a resigned pM in which those associated with the Iranian Shia’s only voted. Half the govt didn’t show up out of protest, knowing it wasn’t a legitimate vote.
link, please?
Several Iraqi lawmakers hold out in vote seeking to expel U.S military
the only thing the article doesn’t mention is the PM that called for the vote has already resigned.

After reading this morning that (1) we have flatly refused to leave Iraq as they have voted, and (2) that Trump is doubling down on targeting cultural sites if Iran retaliates....
it seems to me that Congress can make all the resolutions they want. NO one is going to pay any attention to it.
It was a non binding vote, that was for show by a resigned pM in which those associated with the Iranian Shia’s only voted. Half the govt didn’t show up out of protest, knowing it wasn’t a legitimate vote.
link, please?
Still waiting, depotoo
I had other things to tend to. I already answered it now. See post#106

Name the law that Trump has broken?
News flash for you, OL, because of Barry Obama's reluctance on the JV team ISIS for over two years, ISIS destroyed about a trillion dollars worth or those very same irreplaceable ancient historic places all across Iraq and elsewhere that offended them while the democrats fiddled by not wanting to tick off their base whom he promised to pull out of Iraq. Trump has merely THREATENED to do as much. The difference here is that it would be for a good cause this time because it won't happen unless the Iranians cross the line that Donald has now made VERY CLEAR they do not want to cross.

If you tell a child not to put their hand in the fire you are cooking with and they still do, it's not YOUR fault they got burned. The beauty here is do the ayatollah dare call Trump to see if he is bluffing?

You end terrible conflicts by promising terrible things and NOT backing down from your word. That's why you and I listened to our fathers whereas today's kids do not. We knew our dads were NOT bluffing when they laid their belt on the table.
it would be for a good cause
N.O.

You're a kind of hard one to figure out, toob. At one point, you talk as if you understand how awful war is, and how uncivilized our propensity to start them. The next, you're egging it on, saying it's beautiful to threaten illegal and immoral actions against civilian targets that have endured for hundreds and thousands of years. And cheerleading the hyper rhetoric that might, at some point, lead an arrogant leader to follow through just to save face.

A guy who is responsible for killing over 600 Americans, and led the attack on our US embassy, is not just your run of the mill civilian. He is a terrorist and threat.

And killing him is not eminent and long term threat to Americans??

Bush and Obama admins both decided that taking him out was not worthwhile to our interests.

So what makes them right and Trump wrong, other than the fact you people hate Trump?

Was Bush right to start a war in Iraq? Was DumBama right to free five of our terrorist prisoners in exchange for a lowly deserter private of ours?

Bush and DumBama are not in charge anymore--Trump is. Like it or hate it, Trump calls the shots now. It doesn't matter what other Presidents thought. Remember, Bill Clinton didn't think Osama Bin Laden was worth taking out at one time either, and look how that turned out.

who is “you people”?

I don’t hate Trump, that’s way too intense of an emotion. I just think his is unfit for office he holds, disregards laws and makes bad, unethical decisions.

Then you are one of You People; an anti-Trump'r.

Having a conversation in Congress about Iran and any possible war, is the right thing to do.

The constitution, NEVER GAVE THE PRESIDENT, those powers of war, the Constitution gave it to congress.... the congress gave the President that trust, and it is good to reevaluate, and the only representation we the people have, in our gvt, who is suppose to be in charge of it.... it's a valid debate, should be brought up.
Who the F declared war you scum bag.. he took out a eminent threat someone who killed over 600 American men. Was planning more.. BRING BACK DEMOCRAT WOMAN CANT VOTE! pea brains
Calm down special snowflake.... You might have a heart attack!!!

Where did I say they were declaring war this second?

I said it is a worthy debate, so we the people, have a say, we are the ones who can lose father's and brothers and sisters and children, and we were meant to have a say.... founders designed it that way.... And it should be discussed in Congress ahead of any possible war with them.
Who’s arguing that congress shouldn’t declare war? Try to expand that pea brain before you type
the president doesn't even have the power to go after terrorists over there, without the war powers act by congress, giving him that ability. What part of "that" do you not understand?

When did the Hussein get permission from Congress to do regime change in Libya? Or to take action in Syria?

he took out a eminent threat someone who killed over 600 American men.

According to whom?
Trump pompao, Jay Johnson.. I can go on and on

Have they provided any evidence of these claims or do you always just believe everything the government tells you without question?
They don’t have to

Of course not, because you always just believe everything the government tells you without question.

That is what statist do.

he took out a eminent threat someone who killed over 600 American men.

According to whom?

Have they provided any evidence of these claims or do you always just believe everything the government tells you without question?
They don’t have to

Of course not, because you always just believe everything the government tells you without question.

That is what statist do.
So trump woke up
One day and And said I’m going to kill the Iran general for no reason at at?? Tds Bro get some help haha

According to whom?

They don’t have to

That is what statist do.
So trump woke up
One day and And said I’m going to kill the Iran general for no reason at at?? Tds Bro get some help haha

Who said he did not have a reason?

They don’t have to

That is what statist do.
So trump woke up

Wtf are you saying lol numnuts

They don’t have to

That is what statist do.
So trump woke up

That he had a reason

They don’t have to

That is what statist do.
So trump woke up

That he had a reason
I think he told us.. you don’t have to believe him,, add it to the impeachment lol

They don’t have to

That is what statist do.
So trump woke up

That he had a reason
I think he told us.. you don’t have to believe him,, add it to the impeachment lol

That is what statist do.
So trump woke up

That he had a reason

This is the difference between you and I. You have blind obedience and acceptance to your government while I am a skeptic and believe very little without some proof being offered.

probably because you are child living in your parent's basement playing COD, thinking it is real life

Forum List

Back