This actually happened to me LAST NIGHT.

I occasionally feel shaking when I am brought back to being fully awake from just on the edge of sleep. It doesn't feel like an external shaking, rather it's more like I get a slight adrenaline dump from being woken up so close to sleep.

If it were just one of you, I would have guessed this to be the explanation. Much harder to say for two, although I suppose still possible. :)

I promise, i'm not making this up.

Last night, Saturday, January 12th, I was just about totally asleep. My wife, who didn't have to work today (Sunday) had just come to bed and was also almost asleep.

I am awakened by a vibration. Not rapid enough to be like a vibrating bed (anyone remember those?), but more like I thought that my cat was on the bed scratching it'self, but the vibrating didn't stop. I knew that my wife was probably still somewhat awake so i asked her; "Are you wiggling?".

"No, why?"
"Don't you feel that?"
"What?"
"That vibration."
"Yeah, I do feel it now! What is it? Should we leave the house?"
"No, it's not an earthquake." (We live in Florida and we don't have them here.)

There's more, but what do YOU think?

It wasn't a sink hole (I hope), there was no truck going by, none of our kids was doing it, no one was playing a joke, the cat was on the floor of the bedroom asleep until our conversation woke him, the entire house was quiet, I felt it, my wife felt it, and we don't have a vibrating bed?

What do you think?

Ummm, I think, having just read the other thread you started on skepticism, that you're pretty much full of shit, or yanking peoples' chains. Whatever.............

Last night, Saturday, January 12th, I was just about totally asleep. My wife, who didn't have to work today (Sunday) had just come to bed and was also almost asleep.

I am awakened by a vibration. Not rapid enough to be like a vibrating bed (anyone remember those?), but more like I thought that my cat was on the bed scratching it'self, but the vibrating didn't stop. I knew that my wife was probably still somewhat awake so i asked her; "Are you wiggling?".

"No, why?"
"Don't you feel that?"
"What?"
"That vibration."

It wasn't a sink hole (I hope), there was no truck going by, none of our kids was doing it, no one was playing a joke, the cat was on the floor of the bedroom asleep until our conversation woke him, the entire house was quiet, I felt it, my wife felt it, and we don't have a vibrating bed?

What do you think?

Ummm, I think, having just read the other thread you started on skepticism, that you're pretty much full of shit, or yanking peoples' chains. Whatever.............

It's 100% true. It did happen. I'm not actually yanking people's chains, but I am trying to make a point. The point being that just because you don't have an explanation for something, doesn't mean that a paranormal explanation is true.

What do you think of my theory on what was causing it?

there are many natural things like land settling or gas rising through the earths crust.

I have lived in cali on and off for most of my life.

every earthquake feels differently depending on the location, depth, earth surface makeup.

I was once sitting on the ground as a teen and felt it on one bun and then the other.

A rolling surface earthquake

there are many natural things like land settling or gas rising through the earths crust.

I have lived in cali on and off for most of my life.

every earthquake feels differently depending on the location, depth, earth surface makeup.

I was once sitting on the ground as a teen and felt it on one bun and then the other.

A rolling surface earthquake

I lived in California for 8 years as a kid. Experienced many earthquakes. None felt like this. We also don't have earthquakes here in Florida. If we did, there would be no Florida now.

Did you see my explanation for the phenomona?

Florida?

dude you guys are nothing but undergroud springs.

that is likely what you felt.

An underground spring being flushed by some water source.

and I have felt more earthquakes than you in my 40 combined years of living in Cali

Florida?

That's actually a pretty good theory. The problem with it is that none of my neighbors felt it, nor did anything rattle in my house. It was localized to the bed I feel.

and I have felt more earthquakes than you in my 40 combined years of living in Cali

This isn't a competition for Christ's sake.

Florida?

That's actually a pretty good theory. The problem with it is that none of my neighbors felt it, nor did anything rattle in my house. It was localized to the bed I feel.

This isn't a competition for Christ's sake.

your state is a MAZE of underground rivers dude.

It could have been just under YOUR house

You have not felt as many earthquakes as me.

They all feel differently depending on the conditions

"No, why?"
"Don't you feel that?"
"What?"
"That vibration."

What do you think?

It's 100% true. It did happen. I'm not actually yanking people's chains, but I am trying to make a point. The point being that just because you don't have an explanation for something, doesn't mean that a paranormal explanation is true.

What do you think of my theory on what was causing it?

Sound quake. Sometimes called a sky quake.

These "skyquake" are a continuing phenomenon, with the most recent report over Orange County, CA coming on 20 July 1996. It is reported that the "quake" occurred around 3pm PST, fitting the "skyquake" pattern in the following respects:
It occurred in a coastal area.
Described as similar to an earthquake in some respects (rattling of loose objects, etc) but also like a boom (but no distinct double bang as far as is known).
Severe enough to light up government and media switchboards, but no known damage.
Not an earthquake (CalTech sensors saw nothing)
Local military bases deny any knowledge.
No known other source (eg explosion)

https://www.fas.org/irp/mystery/aurora.htm

It's a plane called Project Aurora and we had the same kind of shaking frequently in southern California in the 90s.

Unreal Aircraft - Beating Gravity - Aurora

Forum List

Back