Thinking about Neoconservatism

Opinion?

No. We are talking about despotism. I have read not only the first PATRIOT Act but also the second one, which has not yet been totally made public nor approved by Congress and to which there is already great resistance. An American citizen can be fingered as a terrorist, and with what proof? No proof. All you need is the word of the attorney general or maybe the president himself. You can then be locked up without access to a lawyer, and then tried by military tribunal and even executed. Or, in a brand-new wrinkle, you can be exiled, stripped of your citizenship and packed off to another place not even organized as a country — like Tierra del Fuego or some rock in the Pacific. All of this is in the USA PATRIOT Act. The Founding Fathers would have found this to be despotism in spades. And they would have hanged anybody who tried to get this through the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia. Hanged.

Not when hes a historian. Would rather here from him than you DITTO HEADS. Your one sided, deluted, misconcepted, simple minded storys.

A ditto head would be someone who relies on other people's opinions to shelter himself from reality. Unless you can bring in some relevant reality to support your hat tip to Gore, I surmise you are quantifiable as a ditto head, si?

If you would stop listening to your authoritarian leaders, you could look at WHAT THEY DO, and not WHAT THEY SAY.
You're corporate defenders, deal with it.

Not when hes a historian. Would rather here from him than you DITTO HEADS. Your one sided, deluted, misconcepted, simple minded storys

Allow me to translate :

Not when he's a historian. I would rather hear from him than you Ditto Heads with your one-sided, deluded, misconceived, simple minded stories.

A little better now at least you can understand what he meant !

Authoritarian leaders? Corporate defenders? Wha...?( Scratches head as sniffs air of alternate reality) Any proofs?

You're corporate defenders, deal with it

Well I agree with you here. I am dealing with it, my company is making more money by the day !

BTW - I am not a medical lobbyist, once again you are wrong, I am a CEO.

You're a CEO? We're doomed.

You guys should brush up on your history of corporate america.

Corporate America is VERY strong.
Corporate America needs people to defend their money. period.

Now who could that be? Hmm, couldnt be the liberals, they've been fighting against them since before the beginning of the century.

heres a nice list. Its really easy ya just gotta think about it.

Cheap-labor conservatives don't like social spending or our "safety net". Why. Because when you're unemployed and desperate, corporations can pay you whatever they feel like – which is inevitably next to nothing. You see, they want you "over a barrel" and in a position to "work cheap or starve".

Cheap-labor conservatives don't like the minimum wage, or other improvements in wages and working conditions. Why. These reforms undo all of their efforts to keep you "over a barrel".

Cheap-labor conservatives like "free trade", NAFTA, GATT, etc. Why. Because there is a huge supply of desperately poor people in the third world, who are "over a barrel", and will work cheap.

Cheap-labor conservatives oppose a woman's right to choose. Why. Unwanted children are an economic burden that put poor women "over a barrel", forcing them to work cheap.

Cheap-labor conservatives don't like unions. Why. Because when labor "sticks together", wages go up. That's why workers unionize. Seems workers don't like being "over a barrel".

Cheap-labor conservatives constantly bray about "morality", "virtue", "respect for authority", "hard work" and other "values". Why. So they can blame your being "over a barrel" on your own "immorality", lack of "values" and "poor choices".

Cheap-labor conservatives encourage racism, misogyny, homophobia and other forms of bigotry. Why? Bigotry among wage earners distracts them, and keeps them from recognizing their common interests as wage earners.

Ahem. Getting back on track here. The following paragraph sums up a lot:

"For example, it is certainly true that the neocons’ foreign policy fits well with a plausible version of Jewish interests, but is arguably only tenuously related to the interests of the U.S. Also, neocons oppose the isolationism of important sections of traditional American conservatism. And neocon attitudes on issues like race and immigration differ profoundly from those of traditional mainstream conservatives — but resemble closely the common attitudes of the wider American Jewish community."

Originally posted by eric
Jones you truely are a moron !

Speechless eh? :D Thanks, bye.

William Joyce, Bush called Ariel Sharon a man of peace :eek:
Maybe you're onto something.

wider American Jewish community

By the way you do realize the Jewish population in America is dropping, about 5% in the last 10 years. Here are some facts :

Demographics*

Total Jewish population in America: 5.2 million
Number of Jewish households in America: 2.9 million
Regional distribution of Jewish population:

Northeast: 43%
Midwest: 13%
South: 23%
West: 22%

Age, Marriage and Family*

Median age of American Jews: 42
Median age of U.S. population: 35
Percentage of Jewish adults currently married: 57%
Percentage of Jewish women who are childless at ages:

18-24: 90%
25-29: 70%
30-34: 54%
35-39: 36%
40-44: 26%

Number of children required per U.S. woman for population replacement: 2.1
Average number of children born to Jewish women: less than 1.9

Intermarriage*

Percentage of Jews wed between 1996 and 2000 who married outside the faith: 47%
Percentage of married Jews today who are intermarried: 31%
Percentage of intermarried Jews raising children Jewish: 33%
Percentage of intermarried Jews whose parents were also intermarried: 74%

Involvement in Jewish Life*

Percentage of Jews who belong to synagogues: 46%

Reform: 39%
Conservative: 33%
Orthodox: 21%
Reconstructionist: 3%
Other: 4%

Percentage of Jewish children enrolled in Jewish day school or yeshiva: 29%
Percentage of Jews who give to non-Jewish charitable causes: 62%

Funny, I thought the same of you.

*caugh* DItto head wannabe.

Btw, Your post to Joyce is not relevant.

It never ceases to amaze me just how stupid you are, do yourself a favor and re-read the first post, then you will understand what this thread is about.

Let us just examine our social standings, it clearly shows who is the fool ! Now go get them shopping carts !

Cheap-labor conservatives constantly bray about "morality", "virtue", "respect for authority", "hard work" and other "values". Why. So they can blame your being "over a barrel" on your own "immorality", lack of "values" and "poor choices".

:laugh:

Conspiracy theorists rely on their ludicrous beliefs to compensate for their insecurities and lives that have no direction

I understand you now, Jones! Sleep tight, you'll be better in the morning.

:laugh:

Forum List

Back