Things heating UP for Senator Ben Nelson? Apparently SO...

The T

George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
From FOX NEWS (Sean Hannity)

Sen. Ben Nelson Booed Out of Pizza Parlor

The news that is not White House approved...

Pie Throwing

You may remember that Nebraska Senator Ben Nelson cast the decisive vote in favor of a government health care takeover after, of course, securing a bundle of money for his home state.

Now it appears that that did not win him any friends in conservative Nebraska. Politico.com reports that Thursday night he and his wife were booed out of an Omaha pizzeria by angry customers who apparently yelled things like, "Get him out of here!"

There may be no consequences in D.C., but it's good to see that the good folks in the Midwest know how to hold their representatives accountable.

Apparently SO... Here's the Story

Ben Nelson tries to repair damage at home

And in a related Story?

January 15, 2010, 4:02 pm
Nelson Requests Removal of Nebraska Aid From Final Bill

By DAVID M. HERSZENHORN
Senator Ben Nelson, Democrat of Nebraska, on Friday asked the Senate majority leader, Harry Reid of Nevada, to remove a special provision in the health care legislation that would have the federal government pay for all of Nebraska’s costs of a proposed expansion of Medicaid, the federal-state insurance program for low-income Americans.

Luke Sharrett/The New York Times

Senator Ben Nelson of Nebraska.The provision was added to the Senate version of the legislation to help secure Mr. Nelson’s vote after he expressed concerns about the cost of the Medicaid expansion. Under the Senate bill, the federal government would pick up the full cost of the expansion for three years, after which states would have to pay a small portion of the expense.

The provision, however, sparked a torrent of criticism and was derided by Republicans and others as the “Cornhusker kickback.” Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger of California, referencing Mr. Nelson in his State of the State address, said: “He got the corn, we got the husk.”

Mr. Nelson in recent weeks has taken pains to explain his position, saying he really wanted Senate leaders to allow states to opt out of the proposed Medicaid expansion and that he never wanted Nebraska treated differently than other states.

[/SNIP]

Too Late Senator...NICE TRY. We're ONTO YOU . So are your constituents. YOU'VE BEEN BOUGHT. Typical DemocRAT close the Barn Door after the FACT.

And then there's the NEW "LOUISIANA PURCHASE" Starring Mary Landrieu..Yeah another bought-off DemocRAT...:eusa_eh:

(How's the CHANGE going for you folks so far)? [Yeah Obama LIED...what else is NEW]?

And this:

What if All 50 States Get Ben Nelson's Medicaid Deal? <TIME MAG...

It's no wonder that the sweetheart deal Senator Ben Nelson got for his home state of Nebraska as part of the Senate health reform bill has caused such consternation among his colleagues. In exchange for his vote, say critics, Nelson was promised that the Federal Government would pay 100% of the cost of expanding the Medicaid program in Nebraska. The 49 other states, by contrast, would have full federal funding for a few years but would eventually have to pick up part of the tab. As soon as word of the special treatment broke, the deal became known as the "Cornhusker Kickback," and Nelson was roundly mocked. California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, whose state is in serious financial trouble that could be exacerbated by a Medicaid expansion, said in his recent State of the State address that Nebraska "got the corn and we got the husk."

Husk INDEED...can you say BROKE? Or Broked? BROKERER?
eusa_think.gif
eusa_whistle.gif

One thing is for SURE? OK for certain segments (UNIONS, Selected STATES) to be exempt...but the rest of us bite the proverbial bullet?

By any stretch? UNCONSTITUTIONAL...and will be challanged...Mark my words.

This is why places like Massechussetts is so crucial...(Yep...Brown looks good, and Massechussetts voters are in REVOLT against DemocRATS too)...Stay TUNED to Tomorrow...

Discuss...

Regards,

~T

See, I think the Democrats in the Congress forgot that decent people still exist..

See, I think the Democrats in the Congress forgot that decent people still exist..

They haven't forgotten. They IGNORE/Impugn US with idiotic statements about "Driving PICKUP Trucks"...Thier arrogance knows no bounds...

They think it belongs to THEM...and the RUBES like us need to shut up.

I think the Mass. election tonight may jog their memories! And if not, this Nov. will be as interesting as today's election.

They haven't forgotten. They IGNORE/Impugn US with idiotic statements about "Driving PICKUP Trucks"...Thier arrogance knows no bounds...

I think the Mass. election tonight may jog their memories! And if not, this Nov. will be as interesting as today's election.

In Novemeber, the electorate will quietly go into the voting boots, close the curtain and vote while thinking some version of "I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to take it any more!"

It may be the last chance to save the country for the next generation.

Cling to your guns...and pickup trucks!

The political elite are getting a message from the "common folk". They may go berserk!

Remember what happened when some french lady said, "Let them eat cake."? :eek:

Yeah--the millions upon millions of us that drive-pick up trucks. Heck, I can't even think of any friends that don't have a pick-up.

It's unbelievable that the POTUS would make fun of a GM truck---made by Americans-:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Besides Harvard--& Yale--where in the heck did these elitists come from? Not here in middle America--that's for certain.

As far as Ben Nelson--he should probably consider moving out of Nebraska. I mean--if you're getting booed out of a local pizza parlour--there's no place to hide. I'll bet if he gets the opportunity--he's going to take his vote back.

Last edited:

Yeah--the millions upon millions of us that drive-pick up trucks. Heck, I can't even think of any friends that don't have a pick-up.

It's unbelievable that the POTUS would make fun of a GM truck---made by Americans-:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Besides Harvard--& Yale--where in the heck did these elitists come from? Not here in middle America--that's for certain.

As far as Ben Nelson--he should probably consider moving out of Nebraska. I mean--if you're getting booed out of a local pizza parlour--there's no place to hide. I'll bet if he gets the opportunity--he's going to take his vote back.

His vote may not matter now anyway. He's ruined his chances in Nebraska and the bill may die anyway, meaning the vote-buying money won't be getting to Nebraska after all. He just pissed in his whiskey and dropped a silver tray full of drinks! :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back