If They Do, They'll Be Running For Their Lives!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Keep your freaking hands off 401k's!
"Encourage" from these folks means to take over...

Links at site:

TaxProf Blog: Government Takeover of 401(k)s and IRAs?

January 18, 2010

Government Takeover of 401(k)s and IRAs?

Bloomberg reports that the Obama Administration is considering measures to encourage Americans to convert their 401(k)s and IRAs into Government-provided annuities. The story has attracted a lot of negative commentary in the blogosphere:
Will Collier, Coming Soon: Substituting Government Annuities for Your 401(k)?
The Market Ticker, 401k/IRA Screw Job Coming?
ROFASix, Is the Government Coming for Your IRA and 401k?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Is there anything that this administration doesn't want control of? It seems it might be a short list.

"If The Do, They'll Be Running For Their Lives!"

No they won't people are accustom to the state now directing their lives in all aspects and way too many think this type of government control is a "good thing".

No they won't people are accustom to the state now directing their lives in all aspects and way too many think this type of government control is a "good thing".

I disagree, we'll get an indication tomorrow. In any case, some are not so happy to be condescended to lately.

I disagree, we'll get an indication tomorrow. In any case, some are not so happy to be condescended to lately.

I understand what Rodishi is stating, there are a lot of left wing nuts on this board that would agree with the encouragement.
But I do agree with you Annie, most Americans are not as liberal as to stand for this administrations attempt to govern our lives in the manner that it wants.
All Brown has to be is close in the election tomorrow and the democrats will see the writing on the wall with their future in politics.

Last edited:
It is currently possible to have as much of your 401K in government securities as you want. My 401K allows same day transfers in all funds

Very few folks take that option, i guess, because it has such rotten returns.

Even more so now when treasury is suppressing returns.

What we have here is an attempt to force people who have been saving over time to make loans to the government at horrible intrest rates.

Just more of Team 0bama trying to hurt the honest for the benefit of the lazy

Right you piece of xxx, a tax law professor, certainly your wingnut. Get over yourself.

A tax law professor? I'm not getting the Liberal hate in this thread either from Meister.

I'm a Liberal and I certainly wouldn't want anyone to be forced to convert 401ks and IRAs. I've been thinking of getting an Roth IRA or a different type myself recently. Looking at the benefits made me wish I had gotten one sooner.

As for you Annie, you can sound off about how this tax law professor is right because he is a tax law professor but I disagree. All you need to do is look at all the people the truthers cite in their bullshit to try and justify that 9/11 was an inside job.

9/11 an inside job -

According to a July 2006 poll conducted by Scripps News Service, one-third of Americans think the government either carried out the 9/11 attacks or intentionally allowed them to happen in order to provide a pretext for war in the Middle East (a.k.a. a false flag operation). According to a May 2006 poll, 42% of Americans feel there is a cover-up regarding 9/11. According to an October 2006 Angus Reid poll, 81% of Americans feel the Bush administration is either hiding information on what they knew prior to the 9/11 attacks or mostly lying, and thousands of Americans have signed a petition for a new probe.

Point is, if you want to wade through the conspiracy zone, people with distinguished positions can be batshit insane.

:lol: Fail.

First link: October 28, 2008. Was Obama in office then? Blog.

Second Link: Same date. Blog.

Third link: Finally, not a blog. But also from November of 2008.

Four Link: October 2008, Conservative Blog.

WSJ seems to say two Democrats were wanting to change stuff. Guess they didn't. And if you really think those two are going to try now, you're paranoid.

Last edited:
Is there anything that this administration doesn't want control of? It seems it might be a short list.

Is there anything the right doesn't misconstrue and make up lies about the government taking over things?

There's no public option, yet the right is still screaming about a government takeover of health care.

The FCC wants to keep the internet neutral and as is and the right screams that they are taking over the internet.

Now this.....

I swear, it must be hard living in constant fear the way you people do.

Is there anything the right doesn't misconstrue and make up lies about the government taking over things?

There's no public option, yet the right is still screaming about a government takeover of health care.

The FCC wants to keep the internet neutral and as is and the right screams that they are taking over the internet.

Now this.....

Oh goody a perfect person has arrived to tell us that Republicans are liars and have no compassion, morals, or ethics.. I love Perfect people they have perfected Perfectedness.. Amen

Now this.....

Do you actually believe that this bill for healthcare...whenever it get written and passed will be the last of that bill? This bill is just the foundation for more add ons, and a foot in the door for a public option add on. Don't be naive, everyone knows how bad it is, but the polticians want something/anything passed and then they can fix it in the future.
I swear, It must be hard living with your head in the sand as reality passes you by.

Do you actually believe that this bill for healthcare...whenever it get written and passed will be the last of that bill? This bill is just the foundation for more add ons, and a foot in the door for a public option add on. Don't be naive, everyone knows how bad it is, but the polticians want something/anything passed and then they can fix it in the future.
I swear, It must be hard living with your head in the sand as reality passes you by.

Funny, it seems you have ignored my spot on observation of you categorizing Liberals and an entire part of the political spectrum together like cattle.

The public option is not going to pass at this point. Despite the approval of it from the majority of the Americans.

First link: October 28, 2008. Was Obama in office then? Blog.

Essentially... yes.

WSJ seems to say two Democrats were wanting to change stuff. Guess they didn't. And if you really think those two are going to try now, you're paranoid.

Guess they didn't? Just because they haven't got the votes for it yet, doesn't mean they won't keep trying. Case in point the determined destruction of the health insurance industry.

Immie

Forum List

Back