They need to fry...

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
his bastard!

Convict Said to Brag About Idaho Slayings

COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho (AP) - Convicted sex offender Joseph Edward Duncan bragged to his 8-year-old captive during more than six weeks on the run, telling her how he used a shotgun and hammer to kill her family after staking out their home for days, court documents show.

Shasta Groene remembered it all and has been providing authorities with details that are building a strong case against Duncan, according to the minutes and a recording of a closed-door probable-cause hearing.

Duncan was charged Tuesday with three counts of first-degree murder and three counts of first-degree kidnapping in the deaths of Shasta's mother Brenda Groene, 40, her brother Slade, 13, and Groene's boyfriend Mark McKenzie, 37. If convicted, he could face the death penalty.

"He told her he was out driving around looking for children to kidnap,'' Kootenai County sheriff's detective Brad Maskell testified during the probable cause hearing Tuesday. ``He ... saw her playing in the yard with her brother and wearing a bathing suit. At that point he chose them as possible kidnap victims.''

Public defender John Adams declined to comment after the hearing. "We try to do our litigation in the courtroom,'' he said.

Duncan's mother, Lillian, who lives in Tacoma, Wash., told The Seattle Times she had spoken briefly with him and he showed remorse, the newspaper reported Wednesday.

"I don't know what he has done or what he hasn't done,'' Lillian Duncan said. "I still love him; he's my son.''

Shasta's family is trying to make sure she does not see news about the crimes. She was "devastated'' Tuesday when she saw a picture of Duncan while changing television channels, said her grandmother, Darlene Torres.

"She saw this guy and said, "There's Jet!'' Torres said, referring to a nickname used by Duncan. "It was really disturbing.''

According to the court records and testimony, Shasta's ordeal began when she heard her mother call her into the living room early on the morning of May 16. Her mother, brother and McKenzie were bound with zip-ties and duct tape.

Duncan then bound her and Dylan and left them on the ground outside near a swing set. Shasta said she heard McKenzie yell out several times, and at one point they saw Slade stagger, incoherent and bleeding profusely from the head, out of the home. The children yelled for Slade to untie them, but he was unable to respond.

According to the account, Shasta remembered that Duncan wore dark gloves and had a shotgun and night-vision goggles. She also recalled the brand name of the hammer used to bludgeon the victims, which Duncan showed her after the attacks.

During weeks of captivity at a remote campsite in western Montana, Duncan told Shasta that he cased the family's home for two to three days, using his goggles to look in the windows and study the family's habits and the layout, officials said.

"Shasta was very specific that Mr. Duncan is the only person responsible for these acts,'' Maskell added.

Shasta was rescued early in the morning of July 2, when employees at a Denny's restaurant in Coeur d'Alene recognized her and called police. She has since been reunited with her father.

Dylan was found dead in Montana last week.

Duncan had been charged with kidnapping Shasta and Dylan, but those state charges will be dismissed and instead handled by the federal court system because the youngsters were taken across a state line, authorities said.

Officials have alleged that the children were repeatedly sexually molested during their ordeal, and sheriff Rocky Watson has said he believes the motive for the killings was to acquire the children for sex.

While it is The Associated Press' policy not to identify alleged victims of sexual assault in most cases, the search for Shasta and her brother was so heavily publicized that their names were already widely known.

Duncan was released on $15,000 bail earlier this year in Becker County, Minn., after being charged with molesting a 6-year-old boy. Police in Fargo, N.D., where Duncan lived, had been looking for him since he failed to check in with a probation agent there in May.

Duncan had spent more than a decade in prison for sexually assaulting a 14-year-old boy at gunpoint in Tacoma, Wash.

freeandfun1 said:

I really don't care what the bleeding hearts say about cruel and unusual punishment...I say give the childrens surviving relatives a baseball bat...strip the offender naked and put him in a padded room with the relatives...let them decide his fate...! :chains:

archangel said:
I really don't care what the bleeding hearts say about cruel and unusual punishment...I say give the childrens surviving relatives a baseball bat...strip the offender naked and put him in a padded room with the relatives...let them decide his fate...! :chains:

i hope they stick the bat so far up his arse, he could puke his own toothpicks.

fuzzykitten99 said:
i hope they stick the bat so far up his arse, he could puke his own toothpicks.

That's too good for him. I want to see him castrated with a dull olive fork, then burned alive...then hanged, drawn and quartered if there's anything left.

Hobbit said:
That's too good for him. I want to see him castrated with a dull olive fork, then burned alive...then hanged, drawn and quartered if there's anything left.
too good for him. strap his naken ass to a fire ant nest him and cover him with honey

Forum List

Back