How bad is it, really....How much freedom is really left?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. P, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    I say very bad.....and not much freedom left...we have become the frog in the pan of water
    with the temp. increasing to a boil.

Tell me, how many things you do, touch, eat, use every day that haven't been touched
    in some way by the Government.

Example...Can you even BBQ in your own backyard without Gov. intervention?
    The answer is NO if you use propane. How many of you have had to buy a new tank in the last few years because the Gov. mandated a new valve? See what I mean? I'm sure their fingers are in charcoal too.

Before anyone goes into attack mode...we do need law, but where does the need for law end and "I'm your momma, I'll take care of you Government" start? We have allowed that line to be stepped across and it's all our fault!

List away....

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Charcoal... in many cities it is illegal to use charcoal grills as they contribute to air pollution.

of course, automobiles.

warning labels on everything.

ie don't use a hair-dryer in the shower
    don't eat rat poison
    don't drink anti-freeze
    etc., etc., etc.

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

moved into an apt---we are not even allowed to HAVE charcoal :mad:

4. Trigg

Trigg Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    VOTE LIBERTARIAN :rock:

Either that or buy yourself a nice island and only let like minded people visit. I hear Leonardo DeCaprio just bought one off the coast of Belize for a 2 mil., heck let me get out my change purse.

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    They can't even work thier way into a TV debate.

6. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

When will this end...only the hairdresser knows...after all propane is natures fart...and charcoal is natures caca...what is next controlling lightening started fires...after all forrest fires contribute more to so called pollution than propane and charcoal bbq's combined...then again forrest fires have been around for along time now...just natures way of contolling the environment...go figure! :cof:

7. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    And this is of course a result of a litigious society, people wanting others to pay for their own stupidity, half the time.

This leads us to LAWYERS. They are a real problem. Utter scum.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Agreed---the true thieves of freedom and the ones who have managed to equate the amount of money you have to the amount of freedom that you have.

9. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Actually, the main ones to blame are the beaurocrats on Capitol Hill. Every generation sees more politicians rolling back freedoms to win votes. A state's right to secede was eliminated so Lincoln and his successor could please the Yankee voters. Many laws legislated on a regular basis should be left to the states, but are enacted on a federal level so congressmen can get votes from people who want their state's values and laws applied to everyone in the country.

Of course, this can all be traced back to the voters, mindless government whores who keep voting people back in office because they give you a nickel before screwing you right in the rear. I see it every day. Politicians get rich and get to call themselves important while they sit there and find more and more ways to put your money in their pockets...and people re-elect them anyway. It's an epidemic.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    just noticing this are we? As anothe rposter said, theyve been doing this for at least 150 years. Like the frog in the pot, we never knew that it was getting hotter till it is too late. Those that do realize are stuck with the masses that dont.

Who knows where it will end. Hopefullly a revolution when the people wake up and see the light.