How hot is it?

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Anybody in Phoenix? Probably the only other place hotter than here today....

Right now in Vegas it is 115. Tomorrow, supposed to be close to 120. I have to go outside and start my car to let the aircon cool the car down before I get in it to drive any place... (much like those of you that live in cold climates have to start your cars in the winter to let the cars heat up). Man it's HOT!

Death Valley is 122 right now....

freeandfun1 said:

Right now in Vegas it is 115. Tomorrow, supposed to be close to 120. I have to go outside and start my car to let the aircon cool the car down before I get in it to drive any place... (much like those of you that live in cold climates have to start your cars in the winter to let the cars heat up). Man it's HOT!

It got up to about 80% in Northern Nevada...dropping now as the day wears on...oh well remember y'all are a target of the tactical nukes in Vegas..get use to the heat...lol...in jest only!

freeandfun1 said:

Phoenix was always a pain in the ass in the summer. Temps exceeded the aircraft takeoff performance charts
so often you couldn't leave until night, if then..

Mr. P said:
Phoenix was always a pain in the ass in the summer. Temps exceeded the aircraft takeoff performance charts
so often you couldn't leave until night, if then..

Was not in the Army in Arizona...but I did serve from 1975-1979 in Yuma Az,Patrolling the Mexican border as a patrol officer,USCS...Damn you are right...ya could fry an egg on the vehicle hood...lol It stayed in the hundreds until about 4:00 am then dropped to the nintees....yuk!

freeandfun1 said:

Yes but it's a "dry Heat" LOL :teeth:

Bonnie said:
Yes but it's a "dry Heat" LOL :teeth:
LOL...yeah...the first time I ever spent time there I checked that out.
It was 10 a.m. and 90* so I decided to walk around the hotel and see about this "DRY HEAT".

Well, it ain't so folks 90* is 90* and hot, no matter what they say..LOL :)

Mr. P said:
LOL...yeah...the first time I ever spent time there I checked that out.
It was 10 a.m. and 90* so I decided to walk around the hotel and see about this "DRY HEAT".

Well, it ain't so folks 90* is 90* and hot, no matter what they say..LOL :)

This very first time I went to Vegas we landed at night at midnight and I remember the captain saying the temperature was 97 degrees...AT MIDNIGHT LOL
Boy when I stepped off that plane I almost couldn't breath, it felt like a blast furnace :blowup:

And being in the pool during the day in 112 degree heat you still were hot.. Thank god for freon

There are no news wire stories on it yet, but the local news is reporting a man left his 18 months old in a car today for three hours... needless to say, by the time he "remembered" the child's brain was, literally, cooked. This happens at least once a year if not more.

freeandfun1 said:
There are no news wire stories on it yet, but the local news is reporting a man left his 18 months old in a car today for three hours... needless to say, by the time he "remembered" the child's brain was, literally, cooked. This happens at least once a year if not more.

I could just cry when I hear that....

freeandfun1 said:
Disgusting. :(

Ok, supposed to be 116 - 125 today depending on where you are in the valley....

We are going on 10 days above 110. It is soooo damn hot I don't even want to go outside.

It is 8 AM and 100 degrees.

Bonnie said:
This very first time I went to Vegas we landed at night at midnight and I remember the captain saying the temperature was 97 degrees...AT MIDNIGHT LOL

Boy when I stepped off that plane I almost couldn't breath, it felt like a blast furnace :blowup:

And being in the pool during the day in 112 degree heat you still were hot.. Thank god for freon

I know EXACTLY what you mean. The first time I went to Vegas was when I was stationed there. I left Wisconsin with a JACKET on, and when I got to Vegas, as I stepped towards the plane door to exit, a huge blast of super hot air hit me, and I thought there must be another plane sitting in front of this one and the blast from the engines is hitting me... nope. That was just good old oven hot Vegas heat. I couldn't believe it.

It's hot here in Reno too. It's been 101, 102, but the saving grace is it gets down to 65, 70 degrees at night. Really nice. Much different from Phoenix. I lived there for three years and absolutely HATED it. The was many a night when it wouldn't get below 100. It sucked!

Pale Rider said:
I know EXACTLY what you mean. The first time I went to Vegas was when I was stationed there. I left Wisconsin with a JACKET on, and when I got to Vegas, as I stepped towards the plain door to exit, a huge blast of super hot air hit me, and I thought there must be another plane sitting in front of this one and the blast from the engines is hitting me... nope. That was just good old oven hot Vegas heat. I couldn't believe it.

It's hot here in Reno too. It's been 101, 102, but the saving grace is it gets down to 65, 70 degrees at night. Really nice. Much different from Phoenix. I lived there for three years and absolutely HATED it. The was many a night when it wouldn't get below 100. It sucked!

and thats why you hung out alot up in VC rarely gets above 90% and the nights drop to 55-65%..ha ha valley boy...also agree Arizona is much worse than Vegas...worked the border 1975-1979..Yuma Arizona..at 3:00am it was still 100%+ in summer..it did suck!

archangel said:
and thats why you hung out alot up in VC rarely gets above 90% and the nights drop to 55-65%..ha ha valley boy...also agree Arizona is much worse than Vegas...worked the border 1975-1979..Yuma Arizona..at 3:00am it was still 100%+ in summer..it did suck!
Hey Arch, were you DEA?

It's so hot and dry here that when I let my dog out, all the trees start calling him trying to get him to come over to them. (sorry, just a little dry humor), It's not hot here at all. But I have spent a lot of time in the west and know the heat problem there. I've spent a lot of time years ago in Laughlin, NV. and Bullhead City, AZ. and it gets hot there.

Phoenix is worse than vegas cuz they have humidity. Even 20 or 30% (hell, even 10%) humidity is a lot when it is 115 outside.

We have been averaging around 8% humidity during this heat spell. During the hottest part of the day it is only around 3%.

Merlin said:
Laughlin, NV. and Bullhead City, AZ. and it gets hot there.
They generally average about 10 degrees hotter than Vegas. I think yesterday they were at 124.

Forum List

Back