They died to Free blacks from slavery

How about we all agree that most of the people who fought in the civil war DID NOT JOIN UP BECAUSE OF SOME SORT OF NOBLE MOTIVATION TO FREE BLACK SLAVES. --------I am willing. Long ago----some idiot
southern Baptist told me that americans joined the military
during world war II----for the PURPOSE OF SAVING DA JOOOS. NOPE----same stupidity

Finally some sense. As one who attended elementary school many decades prior to the information age, when everything was taught from outdated history books that by design excluded the accomplishments of most minorities, one of the first lies that I remember being taught in the 3rd grade was that the "Great Emancipator" really cared about the condition of the poor slaves, and made it his mission to set them free. Therefore all black people owed a debt of gratitude for his heroic, humanitarian deed."

When I repeated that lie to my parents they promptly sat me down and told me the real truth.

That truth is simple, and supporting evidence regarding true beliefs is out there for anyone who possesses the mental acuity to read and comprehend actual facts as opposed urban legends.

The common, uneducated, gullible explanation is that the Civil War was fought over the moral issue of slavery, when in fact, it was the economics of slavery and political control of that system that was central to the conflict. It was primarily about business.

Had Lincoln lived, he would have relocated the slaves out of America, after they were supposedly "free", exactly as some of the retarded Stormfront groupies here say he should have.

We keep getting told how whites died fighting to end slavery therefore we as blacks, who apparently did nothing need to be grateful for the great sacrifices made by whites. First off this is a silly claim. We are to be grateful that whites decided to fix a problem they created and did not have to be. However, reality is that such a claim is untrue.

New York City draft riots

The New York City draft riots (July 13–16, 1863), known at the time as Draft Week,[3] were violent disturbances in Lower Manhattan, widely regarded as the culmination of working-class discontent with new laws passed by Congress that year to draft men to fight in the ongoing American Civil War. The riots remain the largest civil and racially charged insurrection in American history, aside from the Civil War itself.[4]

U.S. President Abraham Lincoln diverted several regiments of militia and volunteer troops after the Battle of Gettysburg to control the city. The rioters were overwhelmingly working-class men, mostly Irish or of Irish descent, who feared free black people competing for work and resented that wealthier men, who could afford to pay a $300 (equivalent to $9,157 in 2017[5]) commutation fee to hire a substitute, were spared from the draft.[6][7]

Initially intended to express anger at the draft, the protests turned into a race riot, with white rioters, predominantly Irish immigrants,[4] attacking black people throughout the city. The official death toll was listed at either 119 or 120 individuals. Conditions in the city were such that Major General John E. Wool, commander of the Department of the East, said on July 16 that "Martial law ought to be proclaimed, but I have not a sufficient force to enforce it."[8]

The military did not reach the city until the second day of rioting, by which time the mobs had ransacked or destroyed numerous public buildings, two Protestant churches, the homes of various abolitionists or sympathizers, many black homes, and the Colored Orphan Asylum at 44th Street and Fifth Avenue, which was burned to the ground.[9]

The area's demographics changed as a result of the riot. Many black residents left Manhattan permanently with many moving to Brooklyn. By 1865, the black population fell below 11,000 for the first time since 1820.

New York City draft riots - Wikipedia

I don't really care about the riots, but I do want to point out some major errors in your post.

First, fighting to end Slavery primarily occurred AFTER the war had ended. During the war, what was actually happening was an effort to further cripple the South's economy, which was partly reliant on slavery. You'll notice that the North, during the war, did nothing to free their own slaves, only attempt to free the South's slaves.

Another part is that slavery was not created by 'white people', the Africans were selling each other into slavery, and had been for a VERY long time. Where do you think America got their slaves?

Furthermore, Slavery was not an American thing, there are still areas around the globe which STILL have slaves.

Even further, I'd like to point out that 'black people' today have nothing to be thankful OR angry over, they were not slaves, and they do not know anyone who was a slave, continuing to whine about slavery that they never experienced, or claiming that 'white people' said that they should be thankful that it ended is simply an excuse to be outraged. What they are doing when complaining about the Civil War era is just perpetuating the racism that they claim is rampant. If certain people would like to complain about racism or slavery, then move to a location in which it's still active, THEN complain all you like.

We keep getting told how whites died fighting to end slavery therefore we as blacks, who apparently did nothing need to be grateful for the great sacrifices made by whites. First off this is a silly claim. We are to be grateful that whites decided to fix a problem they created and did not have to be. However, reality is that such a claim is untrue.

The New York City draft riots (July 13–16, 1863), known at the time as Draft Week,[3] were violent disturbances in Lower Manhattan, widely regarded as the culmination of working-class discontent with new laws passed by Congress that year to draft men to fight in the ongoing American Civil War. The riots remain the largest civil and racially charged insurrection in American history, aside from the Civil War itself.[4]

U.S. President Abraham Lincoln diverted several regiments of militia and volunteer troops after the Battle of Gettysburg to control the city. The rioters were overwhelmingly working-class men, mostly Irish or of Irish descent, who feared free black people competing for work and resented that wealthier men, who could afford to pay a $300 (equivalent to $9,157 in 2017[5]) commutation fee to hire a substitute, were spared from the draft.[6][7]

Initially intended to express anger at the draft, the protests turned into a race riot, with white rioters, predominantly Irish immigrants,[4] attacking black people throughout the city. The official death toll was listed at either 119 or 120 individuals. Conditions in the city were such that Major General John E. Wool, commander of the Department of the East, said on July 16 that "Martial law ought to be proclaimed, but I have not a sufficient force to enforce it."[8]

The military did not reach the city until the second day of rioting, by which time the mobs had ransacked or destroyed numerous public buildings, two Protestant churches, the homes of various abolitionists or sympathizers, many black homes, and the Colored Orphan Asylum at 44th Street and Fifth Avenue, which was burned to the ground.[9]

The area's demographics changed as a result of the riot. Many black residents left Manhattan permanently with many moving to Brooklyn. By 1865, the black population fell below 11,000 for the first time since 1820.

I don't really care about the riots, but I do want to point out some major errors in your post.

First, fighting to end Slavery primarily occurred AFTER the war had ended. During the war, what was actually happening was an effort to further cripple the South's economy, which was partly reliant on slavery. You'll notice that the North, during the war, did nothing to free their own slaves, only attempt to free the South's slaves.

Another part is that slavery was not created by 'white people', the Africans were selling each other into slavery, and had been for a VERY long time. Where do you think America got their slaves?

Furthermore, Slavery was not an American thing, there are still areas around the globe which STILL have slaves.

Even further, I'd like to point out that 'black people' today have nothing to be thankful OR angry over, they were not slaves, and they do not know anyone who was a slave, continuing to whine about slavery that they never experienced, or claiming that 'white people' said that they should be thankful that it ended is simply an excuse to be outraged. What they are doing when complaining about the Civil War era is just perpetuating the racism that they claim is rampant. If certain people would like to complain about racism or slavery, then move to a location in which it's still active, THEN complain all you like.

There are no errors in my post. Yours however is full of them. Almost every word you post is either erroneous or disingenuous. .

How about we all agree that most of the people who fought in the civil war DID NOT JOIN UP BECAUSE OF SOME SORT OF NOBLE MOTIVATION TO FREE BLACK SLAVES. --------I am willing. Long ago----some idiot
southern Baptist told me that americans joined the military
during world war II----for the PURPOSE OF SAVING DA JOOOS. NOPE----same stupidity

Finally some sense. As one who attended elementary school many decades prior to the information age, when everything was taught from outdated history books that by design excluded the accomplishments of most minorities, one of the first lies that I remember being taught in the 3rd grade was that the "Great Emancipator" really cared about the condition of the poor slaves, and made it his mission to set them free. Therefore all black people owed a debt of gratitude for his heroic, humanitarian deed."

When I repeated that lie to my parents they promptly sat me down and told me the real truth.

That truth is simple, and supporting evidence regarding true beliefs is out there for anyone who possesses the mental acuity to read and comprehend actual facts as opposed urban legends.

The common, uneducated, gullible explanation is that the Civil War was fought over the moral issue of slavery, when in fact, it was the economics of slavery and political control of that system that was central to the conflict. It was primarily about business.

Had Lincoln lived, he would have relocated the slaves out of America, after they were supposedly "free", exactly as some of the retarded Stormfront groupies here say he should have.
Are you more pissed at the gadfly or the outcome of the end of slavery?

Silly me, thinking all those men that fought and died in the civil war ended slavery. Apparently they didn't amount to squat, because IM2 says so. So let's say in an alternate universe, Lincoln accepted the confederacy and let bygones be bygones. When and whom would have ended slavery? And, lets overlook the sheer fact slavery was a profitable trade Muslim Arabs and Black Africans indulged in. And still do. Let's ignore that tiny tiny little factor, shall we?

Silly me, thinking all those men that fought and died in the civil war ended slavery. Apparently they didn't amount to squat, because IM2 says so. So let's say in an alternate universe, Lincoln accepted the confederacy and let bygones be bygones. When and whom would have ended slavery? And, lets overlook the sheer fact slavery was a profitable trade Muslim Arabs and Black Africans indulged in. And still do. Let's ignore that tiny tiny little factor, shall we?

All I have said is that whites did not die to free slaves. Whites had slavery in Europe, ask the serfs. Whites make huge money of slavery today also. Ask the sex SLAVES. So let's not deny things and just recognize the wrongs whites have done here to people of color in a nation where whites have bragged about all the many great freedoms they offer everybody.

when are you going to free yourself from slavery, IM2?

You wear it as a yoke around your neck. You perpetuate it even when it does not exist. You sustain is, you require it. You look for it in everything. You NEED it. You have never experienced it, yet you are incapable of letting it go.

The only person who can free you from slavery is yourself, yet you cling to it like a junky clings to heroin.

It's sad to watch, really.

You wear it as a yoke around your neck. You perpetuate it even when it does not exist. You sustain is, you require it. You look for it in everything. You NEED it. You have never experienced it, yet you are incapable of letting it go.

The only person who can free you from slavery is yourself, yet you cling to it like a junky clings to heroin.

What's sad is how whites like you are so stupid as to say shit like this and think it makes sense.

There are no errors in my post. Yours however is full of them. Almost every word you post is either erroneous or disingenuous. .

Yet, you have failed to debunk any of it. If you're not capable of citing the specific 'errors' or 'correcting' them, then my post must be flawless.

What's sad is how whites like you are so stupid as to say shit like this and think it makes sense.

You are just SO full of racist hatred, aren't you?

The New York draft riots was a relatively small part of US Civil war era history. It has very little to compare with 300,000 Union soldier lives lost. Whether these northern soldiers fought for the principle of stopping slavery or not, they did fight and die in that war, and for blacks to shrug that off, merely shows a degree of mental incapacity.

Wrong.
Please hear the commenter out. This is very interesting.

Why? He missed the entire point. I'm the OP here and this thread is about the lie of whites claiming how whites died to free us from slavery. As the video shows ad states, northern whites didn't fight to free the slaves and damn sure southern whites didn't. So then the claim that whites died to free us is a lie.

No it's not. Whites DID die to free blacks and you know this. You're using the Civil War to argue your point but the problem is, regardless of the reason whites fought the Civil War for, whites did fight and die to free slaves and secure civil rights for blacks.

Nope, that did not happen. And as we see by the legal decisions made after the civil war whites did not fight to secure the civil rights of blacks. THAT, is what I know. And it is what YOU need to learn.

So what are these people, black albinos?

All I have said is that whites did not die to free slaves. Whites had slavery in Europe, ask the serfs. Whites make huge money of slavery today also. Ask the sex SLAVES. So let's not deny things and just recognize the wrongs whites have done here to people of color in a nation where whites have bragged about all the many great freedoms they offer everybody.

so true----whites had slaves and blacks had slaves and yellows had slaves and reds had slaves--------if there had been greens----they would have had slaves too

BZZT! Wrong. Lay off the pedantic BS.
What if Lincoln accepted the southern succession, and washed his hands?
You never actually answered my question. Do you in a million years think blacks spontaneously just magically freed themselves? What universe do you live in?

You never actually answered my question. Do you in a million years think blacks spontaneously just magically freed themselves? What universe do you live in?

What I do know is that whites did not free us. That's reality.

so true----whites had slaves and blacks had slaves and yellows had slaves and reds had slaves--------if there had been greens----they would have had slaves too

There is way more attached to what happened to blacks here in America than his simple minded post.

What I do know is that whites did not free us. That's reality.
You are deluded, so Ok, great. The earth is flat and you have a pet unicorn. Sorry, not sharing your delusion.

Forum List

Back