They died to Free blacks from slavery

So, all those dead white guys that fought in the civil war, their lives are meaningless, according to IM2. Somehow, ignoring the past black African/Muslim Arab slave traders and centering on whites instead,
as the favorite whipping boy of any historical transgressions. But wait a minute! Hold on here, black American slaves just pulled themselves up out of slavery by their boot heels? IM2 says so, No Muss, no fuss. Um, I must have missed that delicate little side note in history class. When did this mysterious event happen?

We keep getting told how whites died fighting to end slavery therefore we as blacks, who apparently did nothing need to be grateful for the great sacrifices made by whites. First off this is a silly claim. We are to be grateful that whites decided to fix a problem they created and did not have to be. However, reality is that such a claim is untrue.

New York City draft riots

The New York City draft riots (July 13–16, 1863), known at the time as Draft Week,[3] were violent disturbances in Lower Manhattan, widely regarded as the culmination of working-class discontent with new laws passed by Congress that year to draft men to fight in the ongoing American Civil War. The riots remain the largest civil and racially charged insurrection in American history, aside from the Civil War itself.[4]

U.S. President Abraham Lincoln diverted several regiments of militia and volunteer troops after the Battle of Gettysburg to control the city. The rioters were overwhelmingly working-class men, mostly Irish or of Irish descent, who feared free black people competing for work and resented that wealthier men, who could afford to pay a $300 (equivalent to $9,157 in 2017[5]) commutation fee to hire a substitute, were spared from the draft.[6][7]

Initially intended to express anger at the draft, the protests turned into a race riot, with white rioters, predominantly Irish immigrants,[4] attacking black people throughout the city. The official death toll was listed at either 119 or 120 individuals. Conditions in the city were such that Major General John E. Wool, commander of the Department of the East, said on July 16 that "Martial law ought to be proclaimed, but I have not a sufficient force to enforce it."[8]

The military did not reach the city until the second day of rioting, by which time the mobs had ransacked or destroyed numerous public buildings, two Protestant churches, the homes of various abolitionists or sympathizers, many black homes, and the Colored Orphan Asylum at 44th Street and Fifth Avenue, which was burned to the ground.[9]

The area's demographics changed as a result of the riot. Many black residents left Manhattan permanently with many moving to Brooklyn. By 1865, the black population fell below 11,000 for the first time since 1820.

New York City draft riots - Wikipedia
Silly me, thinking all those men that fought and died in the civil war ended slavery. Apparently they didn't amount to squat, because IM2 says so. So let's say in an alternate universe, Lincoln accepted the confederacy and let bygones be bygones. When and whom would have ended slavery? And, lets overlook the sheer fact slavery was a profitable trade Muslim Arabs and Black Africans indulged in. And still do. Let's ignore that tiny tiny little factor, shall we?

All I have said is that whites did not die to free slaves. Whites had slavery in Europe, ask the serfs. Whites make huge money of slavery today also. Ask the sex SLAVES. So let's not deny things and just recognize the wrongs whites have done here to people of color in a nation where whites have bragged about all the many great freedoms they offer everybody.

so true----whites had slaves and blacks had slaves and yellows had slaves and reds had slaves--------if there had been greens----they would have had slaves too

There is way more attached to what happened to blacks here in America than his simple minded post.

"there is way more attached....." is a simple minded statement

So, all those dead white guys that fought in the civil war, their lives are meaningless, according to IM2. Somehow, ignoring the past black African/Muslim Arab slave traders and centering on whites instead,
as the favorite whipping boy of any historical transgressions. But wait a minute! Hold on here, black American slaves just pulled themselves up out of slavery by their boot heels? IM2 says so, No Muss, no fuss. Um, I must have missed that delicate little side note in history class. When did this mysterious event happen?

Leave it alone, Mary----the fact is that the "white" people of the USA have no "patting themselves on the back" rights for the
emancipation proclamation------IM2 is---a bit distressed by his legacy of enslavement and is JUSTIFIABLY not willing to say THINK YOU to the "whites" of the USA. In fact----there are lots of people who have no moral NEED to thank the "whites" of the USA-------even the IRISH immigrants-------and DA INJUNS--------and da wops and da kikes and da spicks----------and-----
and-----and-----

Please hear the commenter out. This is very interesting.

Why? He missed the entire point. I'm the OP here and this thread is about the lie of whites claiming how whites died to free us from slavery. As the video shows ad states, northern whites didn't fight to free the slaves and damn sure southern whites didn't. So then the claim that whites died to free us is a lie.

No it's not. Whites DID die to free blacks and you know this. You're using the Civil War to argue your point but the problem is, regardless of the reason whites fought the Civil War for, whites did fight and die to free slaves and secure civil rights for blacks.

Nope, that did not happen. And as we see by the legal decisions made after the civil war whites did not fight to secure the civil rights of blacks. THAT, is what I know. And it is what YOU need to learn.

So what are these people, black albinos?

Why is it that you want to give whites credit for things they did not lead? Things they were faces in the crowd for but not responsible for doing? How much more dishonest can you get? 1white person dies in a civil rights protest and you want to claim whites died for our civil rights like they organized and led the march. 300 blacks may have been beaten and killed, the organizers are black and have had their lives threatened but we must only recognize that one white so your white ass can feel good about yourself. I'm not going to do that. Whites had no real role in civil tights leadership or organization. Yes there were whites who showed up, but blacks were the organizers and creators of organizations and groups that made it happen. If blacks had not done these things whites weren't going to.

Leave it alone, Mary----the fact is that the "white" people of the USA have no "patting themselves on the back" rights for the
emancipation proclamation------IM2 is---a bit distressed by his legacy of enslavement and is JUSTIFIABLY not willing to say THINK YOU to the "whites" of the USA. In fact----there are lots of people who have no moral NEED to thank the "whites" of the USA-------even the IRISH immigrants-------and DA INJUNS--------and da wops and da kikes and da spicks----------and-----
and-----and-----

What for? They did not free blacks anywhere that was the United States at that time.

We keep getting told how whites died fighting to end slavery therefore we as blacks, who apparently did nothing need to be grateful for the great sacrifices made by whites. First off this is a silly claim. We are to be grateful that whites decided to fix a problem they created and did not have to be. However, reality is that such a claim is untrue.

The New York City draft riots (July 13–16, 1863), known at the time as Draft Week,[3] were violent disturbances in Lower Manhattan, widely regarded as the culmination of working-class discontent with new laws passed by Congress that year to draft men to fight in the ongoing American Civil War. The riots remain the largest civil and racially charged insurrection in American history, aside from the Civil War itself.[4]

U.S. President Abraham Lincoln diverted several regiments of militia and volunteer troops after the Battle of Gettysburg to control the city. The rioters were overwhelmingly working-class men, mostly Irish or of Irish descent, who feared free black people competing for work and resented that wealthier men, who could afford to pay a $300 (equivalent to $9,157 in 2017[5]) commutation fee to hire a substitute, were spared from the draft.[6][7]

Initially intended to express anger at the draft, the protests turned into a race riot, with white rioters, predominantly Irish immigrants,[4] attacking black people throughout the city. The official death toll was listed at either 119 or 120 individuals. Conditions in the city were such that Major General John E. Wool, commander of the Department of the East, said on July 16 that "Martial law ought to be proclaimed, but I have not a sufficient force to enforce it."[8]

The military did not reach the city until the second day of rioting, by which time the mobs had ransacked or destroyed numerous public buildings, two Protestant churches, the homes of various abolitionists or sympathizers, many black homes, and the Colored Orphan Asylum at 44th Street and Fifth Avenue, which was burned to the ground.[9]

The area's demographics changed as a result of the riot. Many black residents left Manhattan permanently with many moving to Brooklyn. By 1865, the black population fell below 11,000 for the first time since 1820.

Silly me, thinking all those men that fought and died in the civil war ended slavery. Apparently they didn't amount to squat, because IM2 says so. So let's say in an alternate universe, Lincoln accepted the confederacy and let bygones be bygones. When and whom would have ended slavery? And, lets overlook the sheer fact slavery was a profitable trade Muslim Arabs and Black Africans indulged in. And still do. Let's ignore that tiny tiny little factor, shall we?

All I have said is that whites did not die to free slaves. Whites had slavery in Europe, ask the serfs. Whites make huge money of slavery today also. Ask the sex SLAVES. So let's not deny things and just recognize the wrongs whites have done here to people of color in a nation where whites have bragged about all the many great freedoms they offer everybody.

so true----whites had slaves and blacks had slaves and yellows had slaves and reds had slaves--------if there had been greens----they would have had slaves too

There is way more attached to what happened to blacks here in America than his simple minded post.

No your comment was simple minded.

BZZT! Wrong. Lay off the pedantic BS.
What if Lincoln accepted the southern succession, and washed his hands?
You never actually answered my question. Do you in a million years think blacks spontaneously just magically freed themselves? What universe do you live in?

What I do know is that whites did not free us. That's reality.
You are deluded, so Ok, great. The earth is flat and you have a pet unicorn. Sorry, not sharing your delusion.

The only deluded person here is you.

Please hear the commenter out. This is very interesting.

Why? He missed the entire point. I'm the OP here and this thread is about the lie of whites claiming how whites died to free us from slavery. As the video shows ad states, northern whites didn't fight to free the slaves and damn sure southern whites didn't. So then the claim that whites died to free us is a lie.

No it's not. Whites DID die to free blacks and you know this. You're using the Civil War to argue your point but the problem is, regardless of the reason whites fought the Civil War for, whites did fight and die to free slaves and secure civil rights for blacks.

Nope, that did not happen. And as we see by the legal decisions made after the civil war whites did not fight to secure the civil rights of blacks. THAT, is what I know. And it is what YOU need to learn.

Why is it that you want to give whites credit for things they did not lead? Things they were faces in the crowd for but not responsible for doing? How much more dishonest can you get? 1white person dies in a civil rights protest and you want to claim whites died for our civil rights like they organized and led the march. 300 blacks may have been beaten and killed, the organizers are black and have had their lives threatened but we must only recognize that one white so your white ass can feel good about yourself. I'm not going to do that. Whites had no real role in civil tights leadership or organization. Yes there were whites who showed up, but blacks were the organizers and creators of organizations and groups that made it happen. If blacks had not done these things whites weren't going to.
You lost me, I do believe you honestly believe what you are posting, I will give you that. The simple fact is the institution of slavery ended in 1865, as a direct result of white men loosing their lives. And left handed albino midget contrarians cant make that simple fact go away. Nice try try, bucko.

You missed a lot of things in history class. Whites did not die to free blacks. There will be no talking about Arabs or Africans since they did not create the US constitution. Whites should not have done what they did.

No your comment was simple minded.

open your head --------you and yours are not the only victims of bigotry

You missed a lot of things in history class. Whites did not die to free blacks. There will be no talking about Arabs or Africans since they did not create the US constitution. Whites should not have done what they did.
\

I never learned in MY history classes that whites died to save blacks (except a few ----not a big deal) You are right---whites did not die to save blacks in the USA. ----and guess what------black servicemen in world war II did not die to save jews. ----It is a commonly held belief based on islamo Nazi propaganda that the US entered world war II----TO SAVE DA JEWS. I would not be surprised if there are some blacks OUT THERE who believe that BS

Well ,I can only speak for rational human beings that live on earth. And YES, Virginia , white people died in huge numbers to set blacks free! Historical fact. 1861 there was slavery, four years later , civil war, 1865, slavery was gone. Look it up, Einstein. Jesus Christ, some people's kids...

You lost me, I do believe you honestly believe what you are posting, I will give you that. The simple fact is the institution of slavery ended in 1865, as a direct result of white men loosing their lives. And left handed albino midget contrarians cant make that simple fact go away. Nice try try, bucko.

That's not what historians say. What you say doesn't matter because you haven't done the study and research to be informed. People have found out a whole lot more about things than they did when you were in grade school.

Well ,I can only speak for rational human beings that live on earth. And YES, Virginia , white people died in huge numbers to set blacks free! Historical fact. 1861 there was slavery, four years later , civil war, 1865, slavery was gone. Look it up, Einstein. Jesus Christ, some people's kids...

no mary-----the freeing of slaves was a kinda unintended consequence of the events. It was not the galvanizing force that drove the Civil War. Sorry----but no brownie points for the "WHITES" this time

That's not what historians say. What you say doesn't matter because you haven't done the study and research to be informed. People have found out a whole lot more about things than they did when you were in grade school.
Oh my god, you are incorrigible and deluded. Adjust your tinfoil hat and take your meds. I am through with this pathetic thread.

i am through with this pathetic thread.

\

I never learned in MY history classes that whites died to save blacks (except a few ----not a big deal) You are right---whites did not die to save blacks in the USA. ----and guess what------black servicemen in world war II did not die to save jews. ----It is a commonly held belief based on islamo Nazi propaganda that the US entered world war II----TO SAVE DA JEWS. I would not be surprised if there are some blacks OUT THERE who believe that BS

My father fought in the European theatre and took a bullet for a nation that did let him vote when he came back home. He did fight to stop Hitler. Had he been in the pacific theatre that would have been a different story So your comparison is stupid.

Oh my god, you are incorrigible and deluded. Adjust your tinfoil hat and take your meds. I am through with this pathetic thread.

i am through with this pathetic thread.

I know the truth is hard for some of you racists to take.

Nope. It just didn't happen that way.

Until the 1830s....ry

So, you're not going to address any of those massive holes I pointed out in your op?

About how the rioters, angry over the Civil War, attacked blacks and abolitionists?

Which shows that they, people at the time, being asked to fight in the war, believed it to be about slavery.

Forum List

Back