They changed America before with the Children's Crusade in 1963, now David Hogg &Co will do it again

“Nothing in my entire life has affected me that much — ever. Not only am I a different person, but I was robbed of my innocence.” - David Hogg

'History shows that kids, with their innocence, honesty and moral urgency, can shame adults into discovering their conscience. It worked in Birmingham. During the children’s crusade, young people swarmed in to redirect the arc of history.

we shared many of the same basic feelings of adolescence: unbounded idealism, courage unclouded by ‘practical’ concerns, faith and optimism untrampled by the ‘realities’ of the adult world.' - John Lewis

"But the Birmingham movement was flagging. In need of a radical shift in strategy, James Bevel, an adviser to King, recommended turning young blacks into foot soldiers for equal rights. King was hesitant, fearing for the children’s safety. He prayed and reflected and finally accepted that putting children in danger could help determine their future.

they were laughing and singing and carrying handmade picket signs reading “Segregation is a sin” and “I’ll die to make this land my home.

By the end of the day, under Bull Connor’s orders, more than 500 kids were behind bars charged with parading without a permit, some 75 youngsters crammed into cells meant for eight adults.

On May 2, 1963, the first day of the Birmingham children’s crusade, some 800 students skipped class, high-schoolers all the way down to first-graders. Sneaking over the fences, they scampered to the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church, the march’s staging ground. (Four months later, the church would be dynamited by the Ku Klux Klan, killing four black girls.)"

The children’s crusade was national news. The Birmingham movement had been revived. And President John F. Kennedy was now paying attention.

It was then that the president and the attorney general began considering a path toward comprehensive civil rights legislation. Until students took to the streets, John Kennedy had failed to act; for two and a half years, he had been slow to recognize the plight of blacks in America. Throughout his brief term, he had been focused on other matters: foreign affairs, the national economy, the space program. But now his eyes had been opened.

“Looking back,” King wrote later, “it is clear that the introduction of Birmingham’s children into the campaign was one of the wisest moves we made. It brought a new impact to the crusade, and the impetus that we needed to win the struggle.”
Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights

get a red tomato. feel it's heft. consider it's origins.

there's a fair chance it was picked in Florida, home to a 600 million dollar tomato industry, and if so, it was picked in Immokalee, in hot southwest Florida, if so, a fair chance it was picked by someone who not that many years ago was a slave.

by the hands of migrant workers from Mexico, who were abused physically & sexually, paid by the bucket and not the punishing hours in the field, yet whose meager wages were routinely stolen by their bosses, and who were pistol-whipped and chained in locked containers if they complained. POWERLESSNESS!

these workers had NO RECOURSE. NO ADVOCATES. NO FLUENCY IN ENGLISH. they were socially dead to the rest of the United States.

in 2001, they organized the 1st ever farmworker boycott of a fast-food company, against Taco Bell, 4 years later TB agreed to raise wages

the buyers agreed to contribute some of the pittance they once squeezed from their workers to a common fund for worker health and worker safety and worker education. WalMart joined the effort in 2014. 10 million dollars has been paid into the fund.

the pickers of Immokalee fought for a fair chance, and they're still fighting.

my fellow millenials, the old generation is a thing of the past, forget them, but WE have a bright future!
David Whogg

A Soros funded has been. Soros will move onto someone relevant, that can get more MEDIA attention.

“Nothing in my entire life has affected me that much — ever. Not only am I a different person, but I was robbed of my innocence.” - David Hogg

'History shows that kids, with their innocence, honesty and moral urgency, can shame adults into discovering their conscience. It worked in Birmingham. During the children’s crusade, young people swarmed in to redirect the arc of history.

we shared many of the same basic feelings of adolescence: unbounded idealism, courage unclouded by ‘practical’ concerns, faith and optimism untrampled by the ‘realities’ of the adult world.' - John Lewis

The children’s crusade was national news. The Birmingham movement had been revived. And President John F. Kennedy was now paying attention.

John Kennedy had failed to act; for two and a half years, he had been slow to recognize the plight of blacks in America. Throughout his brief term, he had been focused on other matters: foreign affairs, the national economy, the space program. But now his eyes had been opened.

Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights

get a red tomato. feel it's heft. consider it's its origin

my fellow millenials,millennials the old generation is a thing of the past, forget them, but WE have a bright future!
Pompous Power-Hungry Protesters

The 60s Whiteys Hating Whitey gang of rabble rousers were the sons of the powerful. Otherwise, they would have been considered as degenerate freaks and gotten no publicity from their Daddies' doting media. High on their totally unearned privileges, they posed as idealists in order to hide their Born to Rule arrogance.

the revolutions promised by both Sanders and Trump are still coalescing. this Great Push Back, this chaotic, contagious cross-ideological revolt of the smalls is not the end of the story. it's just the beginning. (also, there is no end)

Together we can do anything. Together the young people will win by choosing love.
DeF1zyhX4AIgr89.jpg

Muad Hogg's 15 minutes have expired.

He's not going to change anything except for his underwear and socks.

"But the Birmingham movement was flagging. In need of a radical shift in strategy, James Bevel, an adviser to King, recommended turning young blacks into foot soldiers for equal rights. King was hesitant, fearing for the children’s safety. He prayed and reflected and finally accepted that putting children in danger could help determine their future.

they were laughing and singing and carrying handmade picket signs reading “Segregation is a sin” and “I’ll die to make this land my home.

By the end of the day, under Bull Connor’s orders, more than 500 kids were behind bars charged with parading without a permit, some 75 youngsters crammed into cells meant for eight adults.

On May 2, 1963, the first day of the Birmingham children’s crusade, some 800 students skipped class, high-schoolers all the way down to first-graders. Sneaking over the fences, they scampered to the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church, the march’s staging ground. (Four months later, the church would be dynamited by the Ku Klux Klan, killing four black girls.)"

It was then that the president and the attorney general began considering a path toward comprehensive civil rights legislation. Until students took to the streets, John Kennedy had failed to act; for two and a half years, he had been slow to recognize the plight of blacks in America. Throughout his brief term, he had been focused on other matters: foreign affairs, the national economy, the space program. But now his eyes had been opened.

“Looking back,” King wrote later, “it is clear that the introduction of Birmingham’s children into the campaign was one of the wisest moves we made. It brought a new impact to the crusade, and the impetus that we needed to win the struggle.”

there's a fair chance it was picked in Florida, home to a 600 million dollar tomato industry, and if so, it was picked in Immokalee, in hot southwest Florida, if so, a fair chance it was picked by someone who not that many years ago was a slave.

by the hands of migrant workers from Mexico, who were abused physically & sexually, paid by the bucket and not the punishing hours in the field, yet whose meager wages were routinely stolen by their bosses, and who were pistol-whipped and chained in locked containers if they complained. POWERLESSNESS!

these workers had NO RECOURSE. NO ADVOCATES. NO FLUENCY IN ENGLISH. they were socially dead to the rest of the United States.

in 2001, they organized the 1st ever farmworker boycott of a fast-food company, against Taco Bell, 4 years later TB agreed to raise wages

the buyers agreed to contribute some of the pittance they once squeezed from their workers to a common fund for worker health and worker safety and worker education. WalMart joined the effort in 2014. 10 million dollars has been paid into the fund.

my fellow millenials, the old generation is a thing of the past, forget them, but WE have a bright future!
David Whogg

MUAD HOGG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soros funded has been. Soros will move onto someone relevant, that can get more MEDIA attention.

Indeed. Hogg flopped. Hence Soros is looking for a new shill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Hogg is too loathsome to attract much of a following over the long term, regardless of his message. He's dumber than a Ford Pinto's hubcap, has a horrible temper, can't speak a coherent sentence, vindictive to the point of being anti-social and the most lying, hateful, negative, charmless, humorless, classless, spoiled rotten, sniveling, arrogant, entitled, narcissistic, control freak tyrant......he has not one redeeming human quality of any kind. He's pure filth.

David Hogg is too loathsome to attract much of a following over the long term, regardless of his message. He's dumber than a Ford Pinto's hubcap, has a horrible temper, can't speak a coherent sentence, vindictive to the point of being anti-social and the most lying, hateful, negative, charmless, humorless, classless, spoiled rotten, sniveling, arrogant, entitled, narcissistic, control freak tyrant......he has not one redeeming human quality of any kind. He's pure filth.

seems to me he has lotsa allies!

DeKAWYMXkAAF_CV.jpg

How is disarming innocent people going to prevent mass shooters and terrorist?
Please explain the logic.

we have a cultural problem with violence. we are a violent country. we're violent. if we don't change the culture, we won't change the violence, or stop the violence, rather.
And when you stop the violence, which will never happen, we can discuss the Constitution, our rights and our fight to continue defending our families from those who relentlessly commit the violence.

Hogg has yet to earn his wings.

He had an opportunity and he wasted it.

When you find a solution without violating the rights of law abiding citizens then you may have that seat at the table.

Holy shit. You’re comparing Hogg to civil rights and labor leaders? Have you lost your mind?

David Hogg is 10 trillion times more impactful than civil rights and labor leaders.
You must be joking.

enough is enough. VOTE THEM ALL OUT! no more Republicans. no more Democrats. vote every single politician who is linked with NRA out.

Are you crazy? Do you realize that more than 1/3rd of the entire population of this country, owns guns? Do realize that many millions more than that 1/3rd, support the 2nd Amendment rights?

That's over 100 Million people, at a minimum.

If you think.... that you are going to remove from government, all people who have 100 Million supporters of gun rights.... you are absolutely insane.

Even if, by some chance, you were able to destroy the NRA.... (which isn't going to happen, but lets pretend).... even if you were to destroy the NRA, with over 100 Million supporters of 2nd Amendment rights, a new group, and possibly a far more aggressive group would take their place, to represent those hundred million people who support the 2nd Amendment.

I know that obviously you are too young or naive to get this, but you and Hoggy boy, have picked a fight that you can't win.

You have zero chance of winning this fight.

The absolute best chance you have, is to try and repeal the 2nd Amendment, and then it would civil war. Literally it would be the end of the US. Because more than half the country would engage in warfare rather than give up their guns.

I'm among them.

Forum List

Back