There's that secession crap again

It's perfectly rational. And thanks for thinking it's fancy as well. Though those concepts really aren't complicated.

It's treason.

Things happened back in 1776 that was considered treason do you think what the founders did was wrong?

Demanding elected representation is a legitimate reason to become a traitor against a repressive monarch. On the flip side, when every citizen enjoys the benefits of full representation and you try to secede you're attempting to destroy both democracy and the constitutional rights of the citizens in your state. That's not justifiable.

When Representatives routinely go against the will of the people, are the people really enjoying "full Representation" ??

You don't find our Constitutional system of government to be reasonable? If the other side is ruining our country we have elections to fix that.

That is how we got rid of the Republicans
I am not going to speak for Jon but I will say that our current government does not have any respect for the Constitution that it took an oath to defend. What if obama declared Martial law and suspend the midterm election would you still approve of what obama did?

I have taken the same oath to defend the Constitution. Just because your party is not in power does not mean that the legislation voted in is un-constitutional. Your political philosophy was voted out for a reason. And now the Constitutionally elected body gets to make the decisions

If you have taken the oath the same is on you. You should know better. Bush fucked us and I be damn if I will allow obama to continue the process.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
His name is a misnomer.

Furthermore, what he said is far from reasonable. That you agree with his sentiment clearly proves that you lack reason as well.

I'll remember these words when your "side" loses in the next few elections. The other side will have their own fundamental plan of ruining this country, and you'll be forced to live with it.

You don't find our Constitutional system of government to be reasonable? If the other side is ruining our country we have elections to fix that.

I am not going to speak for Jon but I will say that our current government does not have any respect for the Constitution that it took an oath to defend. What if obama declared Martial law and suspend the midterm election would you still approve of what obama did?

What's the deal with bringing up these unlikely hypotheticals? What indicators are there that the current admin would do this?

I have taken the same oath to defend the Constitution. Just because your party is not in power does not mean that the legislation voted in is un-constitutional. Your political philosophy was voted out for a reason. And now the Constitutionally elected body gets to make the decisions

If you have taken the oath the same is on you. You should know better. Bush fucked us and I be damn if I will allow obama to continue the process.

Then you have the right to vote against him. That is how our system of Government works.

Threatening to secede is not defending the Constitution

Obama is not only continuing it, he is stepping on the gas pedal with all his might. Oh the Irony

What's the deal with bringing up these unlikely hypotheticals? What indicators are there that the current admin would do this?
come on, there were moonbats on the left making the same nutty complaints about Bush
:lol:

come on, there were moonbats on the left making the same nutty complaints about Bush

Of course there were. There are just as many batshit crazy code pink ladies as there are batshit crazy John Birch wannabes.

We're not in Kindergarten anymore though. "But MOM! He did it first!" is not a valid justification.

Then you have the right to vote against him. That is how our system of Government works.

Defending the Constitution at some point becomes pointless if your only Option is to vote for this guy or that guy, and both of them will disrespect the constitution and ignore our laws.

At some point, a government that ignores its laws, and Violates the constitution Becomes such a threat to us all, that Playing with in the rules of the game will not bring the desired result. When the game is rigged how can you win by simply voting.

Personally I do not think the Next "revolution/Civil war" will come from the States or People. I have been doing a lot of thinking about it, and I believe that some Day maybe soon maybe not, when we are near Economic Collapse under all this Debt. We will be the Victims or Benefactors of a Military Coup In the US. Our Military Officers are Sworn to Protect and Defend Both the Government, and the Constitution on the United states. At some point it is not unimaginable for a group of the US military leadership to make the decision that the Federal Governments is a direct threat to the constitution of the United states, and act. If they took over, called for a constitutional Convention between the states and promised new Elections in the Future, they might just get away with it. If things got bad enough before they did it, that is.

Last edited:

Of course there were. There are just as many batshit crazy code pink ladies as there are batshit crazy John Birch wannabes.

We're not in Kindergarten anymore though. "But MOM! He did it first!" is not a valid justification.
no, but it sure is funny to watch

Yeah, and if you read an earlier post of mine, I acknowledged that and said it turned out to be wrong. What was said about the last Prez wasn't even the point.

Defending the Constitution at some point becomes pointless if your only Option is to vote for this guy or that guy, and both of them will disrespect the constitution and ignore our laws.

At some point, a government that ignores its laws, and Violates the constitution Becomes such a threat to us all, that Playing with in the rules of the game will not bring the desired result. When the game is rigged how can you win by simply voting.

Personally I do not think the Next "revolution/Civil war" will come from the States or People. I have been doing a lot of thinking about it, and I believe that some Day maybe soon maybe not, when we are near Economic Collapse under all this Debt. We will be the Victims or Benefactors of a Military Coup In the US. Our Military Officers are Sworn to Protect and Defense Both the Government, and the Constitution on the United states. At some point it is not unimaginable for a group of the US military leadership to make the decision that the Federal Governments is a direct threat to the constitution of the United states, and act. If they took over, called for a constitutional Convention between the states and promised new Elections in the Future, they might just get away with it. If things got bad enough before they did it, that is.

The reason I'm a member of message boards like these is because I'd never believe people like you really existed otherwise. A Military Coup? Are you nuts?

I'm sorry to break into your little fantasy here, but I'm curious about a few things.

How do you see this so-called "Economic Collapse" taking place?

How would these "Military Leadership" come to the conclusion that "the Federal Government" is a "direct threat" to the Constitution?

How bad would "bad enough" be?

And lastly,

Who exactly would these "Military leadership" people be? What actual members of the "Military leadership" of the US do you think would go along with this act of treason?

I wish they would secede, seriously. Then we would have a source of cheap white labor right at our borders. Of course, we would have to build fences to keep them out. We wouldn't have to worry about tunnels. It's too much work and besides, who ever heard of a Republican engineer? Anything they try to build would just collapse.

They had to beg a gay guy to build their church because none of them could do it. Must have killed them to realize that.

viewimage_story_element.php

Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, California, the temple of Robert Schuller’s evangelical ministry in Southern California.

Photography exhibit celebrates Philip Johnson’s Glass House :: EDGE Boston

Have you ever noticed how they go on about the constitution but haven't a clue what it says?

Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-passionate-defender-of-what-he-imagines-c,2849/

Area-Man-R_2_0_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Personally I do not think the Next "revolution/Civil war" will come from the States or People. I have been doing a lot of thinking about it, and I believe that some Day maybe soon maybe not, when we are near Economic Collapse under all this Debt. We will be the Victims or Benefactors of a Military Coup In the US. Our Military Officers are Sworn to Protect and Defense Both the Government, and the Constitution on the United states. At some point it is not unimaginable for a group of the US military leadership to make the decision that the Federal Governments is a direct threat to the constitution of the United states, and act. If they took over, called for a constitutional Convention between the states and promised new Elections in the Future, they might just get away with it. If things got bad enough before they did it, that is.

The reason I'm a member of message boards like these is because I'd never believe people like you really existed otherwise. A Military Coup? Are you nuts?

No I am not nuts, I live in the real world, where Democracies fall to Military Coups all the time. I am not advocating it happen I hope you did not think that I certainly do not want one to happen here. I was saying I do not think if anything like that ever happens that it will come from States Succeeding Or from a popular revolution. I was saying what we should worry about is a Military Coup.

It is a fact Military Officers swear to Protect and defend both the Government and the Constitution. It is not fantastic at all to think it could happen here. We are suppose to be a nation of laws. The government, in many peoples minds, has slowly but steadily eroded our constitutional rights and bent our laws. It is entirely Naive to think a Military Coup Could never happen here. Do I want it to happen, Hell no, DO I think it Could, Hell yes.

The rest of your questions of me are not relevant as I do not want or think this is going to happen. I was just point out it Could, and I think it is the most direct possibility of what would happen, if we ever had an "economic Collapse"

I will answer one other question. How do I think the Economic Collapse would happen? Seriously? How about Massive inflationary pressure from Years of Printing money out of thin Air, How about over 110 Trillion in future Debt obligations that we can not possibly pay for. If our Debt holders stop buying our Debt and chose to do so, right now they could plunge us into an economic Depression that would be on the scale of the Last one or something right out of 1930;s Germany. Economically speaking not politically. That danger is real, and not going away. A major Economic Collapse is not just possible, IMO it is inevitable if we do not change what we are doing, and how were are doing it.

Last edited:
I wish they would secede, seriously. Then we would have a source of cheap white labor right at our borders. Of course, we would have to build fences to keep them out. We wouldn't have to worry about tunnels. It's too much work and besides, who ever heard of a Republican engineer? Anything they try to build would just collapse.

They had to beg a gay guy to build their church because none of them could do it. Must have killed them to realize that.

viewimage_story_element.php

Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, California, the temple of Robert Schuller’s evangelical ministry in Southern California.

Photography exhibit celebrates Philip Johnson’s Glass House :: EDGE Boston

Have you ever noticed how they go on about the constitution but haven't a clue what it says?

Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be

Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Area-Man-R_2_0_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg
"beg"
source?

Personally I do not think the Next "revolution/Civil war" will come from the States or People. I have been doing a lot of thinking about it, and I believe that some Day maybe soon maybe not, when we are near Economic Collapse under all this Debt. We will be the Victims or Benefactors of a Military Coup In the US. Our Military Officers are Sworn to Protect and Defend Both the Government, and the Constitution on the United states. At some point it is not unimaginable for a group of the US military leadership to make the decision that the Federal Governments is a direct threat to the constitution of the United states, and act. If they took over, called for a constitutional Convention between the states and promised new Elections in the Future, they might just get away with it. If things got bad enough before they did it, that is.

What do you think we are .....a Banana Republic?

It is insulting to imply our soldiers would overthrow our Government

Forum List

Back